• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sandler's first Netflix movie 'Ridiculous 6' sounds horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Adam Sandler has lined up a ridiculous cast for “Ridiculous 6,” a Happy Madison production that will be the first film under his groundbreaking deal with Netflix, TheWrap has learned.

According to insiders close to the project, Sandler will star alongside “Grown Ups 2″ frat boy Taylor Lautner, three-time Oscar nominee Nick Nolte, “The Voice” judge Blake Shelton and comedian Whitney Cummings, as well as Happy Madison regulars Steve Buscemi, Rob Schneider, Dan Aykroyd, Will Forte, Nick Swardson, Terry Crews, Jon Lovitz and Vanilla Ice, the latter of whom stole several scenes in “That’s My Boy.”

The cast is also expected to include Luke Wilson, Steve Zahn, Danny Trejo, “Saturday Night Live” alum Chris Parnell and “Breaking Bad’s” Lavell Crawford, according to sources.

Netflix declined to comment on the casting but confirmed that “Ridiculous 6” will be Sandler’s first Netflix feature and that production will start in February. Sandler wrote the script with frequent collaborator Tim Herlihy.

“Ridiculous 6” puts a comedic spin on ensemble westerns like “The Magnificent Seven.”
Insiders describe the roles as follows: Sandler will play man who grew up as an orphan among an Indian tribe. Lautner, Schneider, Wilson and Crews are poised to play his half-brothers, while the final half-brother has yet to be cast.

Nolte will play Sandler’s long-lost father; Parnell a bank manager; Lovitz a wealthy industrialist and Cummings his flirtatious wife. Forte and Trejo will play the leaders of rival gangs, while Buscemi will play a local jack-of-all-trades.

In a fun bit of casting, Shelton (who just hosted “Saturday Night Live”) is in line to play Wyatt Earp, while Vanilla Ice has been tipped to play Mark Twain.

“Ridiculous 6” was previously set up at both Sony and Paramount before the project moved to Netflix once Sandler signed a lucrative deal to produce four movies for the streaming company. The production pact was announced in October, and more projects will be announced in the coming months.

Sandler next stars in Sony’s “Pixels” and will reprise his role as Dracula in Sony Pictures Animation’s “Hotel Transylvania 2.” He’s also a producer on Sony’s upcoming “Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2” and an executive producer on Crackle’s original movie “Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser.” He’s represented by WME and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.

http://www.thewrap.com/adam-sandler...-taylor-lautner-blake-shelton-more-exclusive/

WOW....and I thought Happy Madison couldn't get worse. Vanilla Ice as Mark Twain? Ugh.

Adam Sandler will keep making money the more movie he makes and gets more money with each 1-20% RT rating review. he is immune to critics and user reviews alike. Man is an enigma

jett

D-Member
Surely this a meta-experiment where Sandler is trying to figure out exactly how much vomitive diarrhea he can shove down people's throats before they actually get tired of him.

Raptomex

Anger Management and Billy Madison were funny. Anything else I've seen of his is just terrible. He needs a new routine, too.

I just watched Blended with the wife a few days ago on Netflix. I think the best part about the whole "I have my movies set where I want to take my family on vacation on the studio's dime" scheme is that there was absolutely zero need for that movie to be filmed in Africa. The few safari scenes were either CGI, or stock footage. Gotta love it.

the chris

IXock8H.gif

we know the man can act, look at Click and Punch Drunk Love and Reign over me. He acts better than most famous actors in hollywood when he is given the right script

At a time where guys like David Lynch haven't made a movie in forever netflix decides to give Adam Sandler a netflix original movie

The whole thing reads like an Onion article. Isn't this a fairly similar premise to A Million Ways to Die in the West?

Edit: How the fuck did Funny People make so much less than Chuck & Larry? That movie is legitimately funny. He's letting people in on the joke! I guess it was just too meta for audiences.

Busty

Banned
When Netflix first announced this deal everyone wondered what type of films they would make, now we know.

Projects that, evidently, were passed over by no less than three film studios (Sony, Paramount and then Warner Bos) before 'settling' with the streaming service.

Good job guys.

Adam Sandler has lined up a ridiculous cast for “Ridiculous 6,” a Happy Madison production that will be the first film under his groundbreaking deal with Netflix, TheWrap has learned.

I suspect both those words have alternate meanings within this context.

Sounds atrocious with a mish-mash cast.

I really enjoy Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer and Big Daddy (though not as much as the others). Plus, Punch Drunk Love, Spanglish and Reign Over Me are really solid movies.

But everything else he's done has predominantly been far too stupid, and I've passed on a lot of it.

Derpyduck

Banned
As if anyone playing Mark Twain would legitimately make you say, "Damn, he really nailed the essence of Mark Twain. Bravo sir." It's a comedy. An Adam Sandler comedy no less. Complaining about who is playing Mark Twain in an Adam Sandler movie is probably funnier than the movie is going to be though. So hats off for that.

My gym has a cardio cinema and it was packed one day when Grown Ups was playing. Of course I had my iPad and I was watching the daily show with headphones and I couldn't help not understanding why people were laughing. This movie was so unbelievably bad.

otapnam

I guess Rob Schneider decided that he enjoyed a steady paycheck from Sandler after all.

im imagining a very sadistic dinner where sandler is seated like a king and all other sandler regs are there and they take turns making rob do ridiculous horrible shit to get back into the happy madison family

Ridley327

im imagining a very sadistic dinner where sandler is seated like a king and all other sandler regs are there and they take turns making rob do ridiculous horrible shit to get back into the happy madison family

Rob Schneider is...Not Above This After All

RATED PG-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom