• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventures of Mana coming out on Feb 4 for iOS/And (& Vita in Japan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLH

Wait so Adventures of Mana is a remake of the GameBoy game Final Fantasy Adventure. But isn't the remake of Final Fantasy Adventure on GBA called Sword of Mana?
So what are the differences between Sword of Mana and Adventures of Mana? And why the different titles?

entremet

Wait so Adventures of Mana is a remake of the GameBoy game Final Fantasy Adventure. But isn't the remake of Final Fantasy Adventure on GBA called Sword of Mana?
So what are the differences between Sword of Mana and Adventures of Mana? And why the different titles?
It's another remake of FFA, which was called Seiken Densetsu in Japan. They're just going with another name.

TheMoon

Because this isn't a remake of Sword of Mana (developed by Brownie Brown btw) which changed a bunch of things but instead of the actual original (which people tend to like better). Using the Sword of Mana title would imply ties to that GBA game which would be wrong.

Also, fuck these mobile remakes. Blergh. Looks so slow, soulless, and crappy.

Takao

Banned
Square Enix Japan is going to publish it in English? That's a good explanation as to why the Vita version isn't coming over.

MLH

Because this isn't a remake of Sword of Mana (developed by Brownie Brown btw) which changed a bunch of things but instead of the actual original (which people tend to like better). Using the Sword of Mana title would imply ties to that GBA game which would be wrong.

Also, fuck these mobile remakes. Blergh. Looks so slow, soulless, and crappy.

I see, thanks. I enjoyed of Sword of Mana but I'm unfamiliar with FFA and I didn't know people though the original was better (I didn't even know there were any differences beyond the beautiful sprite work!). Might pick this up if people think it's worth it.

This really bums me out. I've tried really hard to get into mobile gaming, but I just can't. I've played through Adventure more times than I can count, and this looks like something I would adore.

Maybe they'll reconsider and bring it over on the Vita.

Wingus

Maybe I'll get this just to support more remakes. I sure hope they release Romancing SaGa in English too...

I'll give this one a go, even if it doesn't look great.

And I say yes to any chance of SaGa games getting English releases after it's been so long since the last one.... (Minstrel Song)

I wanted the vita version, this is disappointing.

I likely won't buy the iOS version.

Very disappointed.

Edit: In fact is it possible that this isn't a world wide release on iOS? English trailer seems confirmation that it will come to america, but I really can't see anything else that it will be coming on Thursday to anywhere but Japan. Is there a press release?

blanco21

Favorite game of my favorite series. Hard copy is usually the way to go for playing imports on an american Vita right?

Psxphile

Sure, I'll bite. Would've preferred a version without touch control, though.

Will it even run good on a Galaxy SIII? Might be better to wait for impressions.

EmSeta

Please don't suck, please don't suck...

I loved the original, and even though Sword of Mana brought some questionable changes (especially to key plot points), it also did a lot to enhance gameplay mechanics.

I'm not a big fan of the art style, it looks way too bright and cartoony. I always saw FFA as a something more of a classic, somber fairytale, not a run of the mill anime romp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom