• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventures of Mana (Vita) |OT| Final Fantasy Mystic Quest Mana Adventure

redcrayon

Would prefer that mobile re-make, but I'm not complaining though. The worst offence the game makes is that it isn't much of a looker.

Guys, I need some game help.

I'm towards the end of the game and have most of the map covered. I'm supposed to find
Excalibur
but for the life of me I can't figure out where on the map that goes. I checked out walkthroughs and tried following their directions but I always end up on some insignificant part of the map. If someone could tell me even the general vicinity of where I'm supposed to be, I'd appreciate it. I can more or less make my way to any points of reference if needed (i.e. Towns/Docks).
Follow YianGaruga's advice first. If you're still stuck, this will get you on track towards your goal, good luck!
After you landed in the desert, the professor fixed your chocobo, and Bogard sent you to find Cibba in Wendel.
In Wendel, they say Cibba went North to the ice country.
In the ice country's town, you speak to the king, who says Cibba is frozen, then headed for the cave to beat the monster there.
Doing so frees Cibba in the ice town, he tells you you'll need Excalibur. He tells you to find a river and then the inland dock on the ammonite coast. From there, work your way south through the ammonites, down the coast and then through the floating rocks to eventually find a cave which will lead to a desert area to the south. It's quite a trek, I'm guessing this is where you got lost.
In a further cave on that desert island/area rests a rusty sword.,.

khaaan

Follow YianGaruga's advice first. If you're still stuck, this will get you on track towards your goal, good luck!
Doing so frees Cibba in the ice town, he tells you you'll need Excalibur. He tells you to find a river and then the inland dock on the ammonite coast. From there, work your way south through the ammonites and then the floating rocks to eventually find a cave which will lead to a desert area to the south. It's quite a trek, I'm guessing this is where you got lost.
In a further cave there rests Excalibur.

You're right, that's exactly where I got lost =P

The entire second half of the game is dedicated to that, so I need some more info :p
What was the last thing you did before getting stuck?

Also, usually talking to someone
Cibba and the Doctor mostly
will give you a good idea of what to do next.

I'll try talking to the first character again to get the hints, I did talk to the latter but the dialogue didn't seem to tell me anything useful. If I still can't figure it out I'll try following redcrayon's details more closely. Thanks for the help!

I'll try talking to the first character again to get the hints, I did talk to the latter but the dialogue didn't seem to tell me anything useful. If I still can't figure it out I'll try following redcrayon's details more closely. Thanks for the help!

Doctor
will give you hints later :)
If you're looking for the
Ammonite Coast
it's easy to spot visually based on the name and has only one "port" I think. From there there aren't many ways to go once you're back on land!

khaaan

Doctor
will give you hints later :)
If you're looking for the
Ammonite Coast
it's easy to spot visually based on the name and has only one "port" I think. From there there aren't many ways to go once you're back on land!

Cool, I'll have to double check tonight. I did come across a landmark that would imply I'm in the correct area but once I got on land I couldn't figure out where to go next because it seemed like I was supposed to be on the other side. I'll take a closer look =)

I had no idea about this. Been way into retro lately and I have the original along with a SGB/SNES/CRT setup. I'd love to check this out though. Need a good excuse to pick up my Vita again.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Hey All.

Does anyone by chance have any insight into
the Castle Glaive glitch, wherein I'm trapped between two locked doors with no keys?
Is this seriously a game-breaking bug? In 2016?

I'm sad (and pissed off), if so. Gaming time is limited these days and I dumped a bit of time into this bad boy over this long weekend. All for naught.

There are skeletons that drop keys in the sewer area. Doors are supposed to be one way only for keys, so you can always backtrack to the skeleton room of every dungeon if you run out. Had to do that in the Mana Temple. You sure there was no way to get back there? There's also a shop in Glaive Castle that sells keys.

I need to go talk to the professor but I can't remember which town he's in, Google is useless for this game -_-
Also, I'm so happy with this game, they left all the use your own head to find x with the clues given, rather than spelling everything out.

I need to go talk to the professor but I can't remember which town he's in, Google is useless for this game -_-
Also, I'm so happy with this game, they left all the use your own head to find x with the clues given, rather than spelling everything out.

Ish in the crystal desert

Alright, im starting to go crazy. I'm trying to get Atena's Kiss/will stone to drop and its just not happening, all the swamp men drop are vials of ether, an i doing something wrong here? Its the last item i need for the trophy and its stopping me from finishing the game x.x

Alright, im starting to go crazy. I'm trying to get Atena's Kiss/will stone to drop and its just not happening, all the swamp men drop are vials of ether, an i doing something wrong here? Its the last item i need for the trophy and its stopping me from finishing the game x.x

Nope, it's extremely rare. Just keep going.

It's also dropped by the stationary eyes that can turn you into moogles if you need a change of scenery :p

That stealth release got me. I'll have to wait a while before I can afford to buy the game.

Have you been living under a rock?! :p There's been a bunch of rpgs out this year with more to come.

Trails of Cold Steel 2, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Atelier Sophie, Grand Kingdom, Exist Archive, World of FF, Stranger of Sword City, Ray Gigant, SMT:Apocalypse and a lot more.

Bad reviews =/= bad game.

how dare you forget about Tokyo Mirage Sessions!

but yeah, no jrpgs this year is a big wtf. so many good ones out already, with more coming

I remember playing all the gameboy final fantasy games back in the day but don't remember which one is which. my memory is they all looked exactly the same but I bet that's not entirely true.

wishlisted this for sure though. This is neat

Nope, it's extremely rare. Just keep going.

It's also dropped by the stationary eyes that can turn you into moogles if you need a change of scenery :p

Guess i'll give it another hour or so before i change locations then. Thanks for the tip about the eyes, i'll keep them in mind.

This might be a dumb question, but what are the 3 boxes in top right of the screen for?

Guess i'll give it another hour or so before i change locations then. Thanks for the tip about the eyes, i'll keep them in mind.

This might be a dumb question, but what are the 3 boxes in top right of the screen for?

Item shortcuts! You can use three additional items/spells or even switch weapons by putting them in there and holding L or R, don't remember

Item shortcuts! You can use three additional items/spells or even switch weapons by putting them in there and holding L or R, don't remember

Oh cool, really wish i knew that from the start :') Just got Athena's Kiss, didnt get the item trophy. Well, shit.

Oh woops, forgot i still needed the Unicorn Horn.

khaaan

I need help again guys :(

So I mentioned in the earlier thread that I was looking for
Excalibur
. Thanks to everyone's help I was able to find the place I was looking for and am at the point where I have the
Rusty Sword

The thing that's stumping me now is that my Chocobo is back at Wendel for some reason and from my understanding the only way to get in/out of where I'm at is with the Chocobo. I don't know what to do ;_;

I need help again guys :(

So I mentioned in the earlier thread that I was looking for
Excalibur
. Thanks to everyone's help I was able to find the place I was looking for and am at the point where I have the
Rusty Sword

The thing that's stumping me now is that my Chocobo is back at Wendel for some reason and from my understanding the only way to get in/out of where I'm at is with the Chocobo. I don't know what to do ;_;
The way the map is structured, everything is really close together even if it doesn't seem like it

http://www.fantasyanime.com/mana/ffadventmap_world.png

Are you sure you didn't just forget him at one of the shops 32 or 33? Both are only a few tiles away from Wendel, but not connected. Otherwise I have no idea right now

khaaan

The way the map is structured, everything is really close together even if it doesn't seem like it

http://www.fantasyanime.com/mana/ffadventmap_world.png

Are you sure you didn't just forget him at one of the shops 32 or 33? Both are only a few tiles away from Wendel, but not connected. Otherwise I have no idea right now

Here's a picture of my map at the moment (spoilers, entire map basically uncovered)

I'm up at the top right and it feels like basically every foot path runs into a dead end. The Chocobo (highlighted in green) is just above Wendel and I'm not sure how to get there.

Here's a picture of my map at the moment (spoilers, entire map basically uncovered)

I'm up at the top right and it feels like basically every foot path runs into a dead end. The Chocobo (highlighted in green) is just above Wendel and I'm not sure how to get there.
Yep, one tile above Wendel is still Floatrocks though, even if it doesn't seem like it. You probably didnt pick the Chocobo up again after you went into the item shop there

If you go back from where you came you should run into him. The in game map can be confusing and misleading, as it doesn't show all bridges as well

Psxphile

Experienced a weird bug earlier today, where Sumo's character model became frozen in place (in his run animation) while being able to move about and attack freely. Weird seeing sword strikes coming out of his back as I explored
the airship
. Playing Vita version, wondering if this was a common glitch.

khaaan

Yep, one tile above Wendel is still Floatrocks though, even if it doesn't seem like it. You probably didnt pick the Chocobo up again after you went into the item shop there

If you go back from where you came you should run into him. The in game map can be confusing and misleading, as it doesn't show all bridges as well

Thanks, I finally managed to find it. I ran into trouble not long after because I couldn't figure out how to get to the dock. There was one tile where the flail was tucked away in a corner that I overlooked ;_;

But I'm finally out! Hopefully I'll wrap it up today. I almost got my Strength stat to 99 and it didn't take much grinding (ignoring the fact I always dumped points to warrior) but I have no idea how anyone got the trophy for getting to level 99. Seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of grinding.

But I'm finally out! Hopefully I'll wrap it up today. I almost got my Strength stat to 99 and it didn't take much grinding (ignoring the fact I always dumped points to warrior) but I have no idea how anyone got the trophy for getting to level 99. Seems like it would take a ridiculous amount of grinding.

Doing it at the very end at the elephants (you'll know when you see them) it took me probably 3-4 hours to go from 50-99. Open a podcast or watch some TV and grind away :p

Pajamas

I am so f'ing mad right now. I got to a point where the game gates you in
Glaive Castle, and you cannot leave that area.
. I've come across a door that is locked, but I have no keys. From what I've been able to tell, the only way to get Keys in this game are to buy them from a store. I've not seen one drop from a chest, nor do enemies seem to drop chests at all at this point in the game.

I have no keys, and I must scream. Am I completely screwed?

khaaan

I am so f'ing mad right now. I got to a point where the game gates you in
Glaive Castle, and you cannot leave that area.
. I've come across a door that is locked, but I have no keys. From what I've been able to tell, the only way to get Keys in this game are to buy them from a store. I've not seen one drop from a chest, nor do enemies seem to drop chests at all at this point in the game.

I have no keys, and I must scream. Am I completely screwed?

Were you able to grind skeletons? I'm basically one boss away from the final boss and it turns out I didn't have enough keys, ugh. I've been grinding against the two skeletons that show up on the first floor but it's been a while and none have dropped so far.

Were you able to grind skeletons? I'm basically one boss away from the final boss and it turns out I didn't have enough keys, ugh. I've been grinding against the two skeletons that show up on the first floor but it's been a while and none have dropped so far.

try the other enemies i mentioned above. their droprate is not bad imo.

JPS Kai

Oh, that was dumb of me. I went to the final dungeon without making a backup save. Part of me is worried that I might have missed an item somewhere for the trophy.

I've been trying to play this but I find the way your hits connect to enemies and the overall combat to be kinda sloppy. It has a floatiness to it that makes me wish it was a bit tighter. The super close camera is rather claustrophobic too.

khaaan

try the other enemies i mentioned above. their droprate is not bad imo.

A skeleton dropped a set of keys right after I made that post. Thanks though! I finally moved on and finished it up. Charming little game :)

Blood Sword is kinda stupid good in the game. As soon as I got it I was able to essentially stand in front of a boss to trade blows and the health absorption from the sword meant I would end the fight with full health or close to it. Even the final boss. One sort of funny thing I noticed after I finished the game: The trophy for beating the final boss is at 24.2%, the trophy for sitting through the endings/credits is at 24.0%. Guess 0.2% had their fill by the time they finished the boss. 24.2% seems like a pretty high amount though, I feel like whenever I look at trophies that a lot more people never get the game completion trophy.

Edit: Actually, never mind. I took a glance through some of the other trophies I've gotten for completing the game and 24% doesn't seem outrageous. The lowest I found after a quick search was FFX 18.9% and the highest was Danganronpa at 54.2%

JPS Kai

Oh, that was dumb of me. I went to the final dungeon without making a backup save. Part of me is worried that I might have missed an item somewhere for the trophy.

Yup. Ground out the level 99 trophies, got all of the other equipment trophies and beat the game. I'm pretty sure I missed the Sauros' Fang since I never actually had to ask where the oasis was.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Finished the game and got the plat.

Getting the plat is easy but incredibly grindy and you have to be careful and take note what items you've obtained.

I was thinking about getting this game for Vita, but saw it's cheaper on Android. Since I've got a Shield TV I can play it with controller.

Which version is the best? Does Vita have the option to play the original Gameboy OST?

Shizuka

I was thinking about getting this game for Vita, but saw it's cheaper on Android. Since I've got a Shield TV I can play it with controller.

Which version is the best? Does Vita have the option to play the original Gameboy OST?

I like the Vita version because firmware updates will never lock you out of the game and it has trophies.

Z3M0G

I'm in the
Vampire Manor
and it hit me... this is a Metroidvania. And a pretty fun one.

It has original OST yes. No opinion of the Android version, but all the touch controls are still here, even the virtual stick.

Cormano

Sorry for the bumb but has this game ever been on sale? Im looking forward to play this, but hoping for a sale. Seems unlikely though.

Sorry for the bumb but has this game ever been on sale? Im looking forward to play this, but hoping for a sale. Seems unlikely though.

Yeah, it was just on sale the other week - maybe part of the Golden Week sale? It took a long time for the first discount to hit though.

Top Bottom