• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Empires Definitive Edition Announced [Windows 10]

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Celebrating the Series' 20th Anniversary
Trailer

- Remastered UHD Assets
- Improved Gameplay and UI of its sequels
- Fully Orchestrated Soundtrack
- Xbox Live Multiplayer

Screenshots:
Age-of-Empires_Phoenician-Harbor.png

Ushay

Where the fuck is AoE4?

Come on MS stop gauging interest with remasters (Phantom Dust.. Looking at you). Just take the damn leap.

Still I have fond memories of this series.

Where the fuck is AoE4?

Come on MS stop gauging interest with remasters (Phantom Dust.. Looking at you). Just take the damn leap.

Still I have fond memories of this series.

Why not? I like these remasters of old nostalgia games. More publishers should do this.

And the next AoE would probably be a MOBA or something with a huge MP focus.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! The original is by far my favorite one and it's the one that needed a remaster the most as UI is really ancient at this point.

God I hope the pathfinding is better. I remember having to shepard my dudes around corners lol. Still, glad to see the old games getting support.

Excited about the Gamescom tease too. Is it finally time?

Edit: God I hope they're not making a moba. Or an MP focused starcraft clone... 4 resources Pls!

Probably not on release at least. Halo Wars was delayed tho, so there's hope.

Yeah, let's hope so. I have all the old good RTS games released on Steam, so it would be very irritating if they only released it on their store.
I would even pay the 30% Valve cut extra.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Uh...just Windows 10 Live Multiplayer, or is this coming to Xbox One S/X?
I'm sure when microsoft brings mouse to xbox, they will bring these as well. But xbox live on pc and xbox are one and the same. PC is free though.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The way they announced this was such a middle finger.

"Big surprise, I can't say the name and ruin it, here comes the trailer!"

"Celebrating 20 years of Age of Empires comes....

A remaster of the worst game in the franchise."

You fucking cunts.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Uh...just Windows 10 Live Multiplayer, or is this coming to Xbox One S/X?

I'm not quite sure myself, but I assume Windows 10 Live Multiplayer considering it was announced during the PC show

Kordelle

It is sad that this isnt coming to Xbox although they announced Keyboard and mouse support for the system some time ago.
would love to play it again...

Altazor

I'm so fucking happy. I can't believe this. What I've wanted for a long time.. it's actually happening.

One thing I am worried about though: what about the OST? Which OST are they talking about? (In case you don't know, the original AoE had two different soundtracks -one MIDI, one redbook audio- which were like 75% different from each other). Also... I like the synth-ish redbook audio one because of its synthiness (?), I'm a bit wary of "EVERYTHING IS ORCHESTRA NOW".

It is sad that this isnt coming to Xbox although they announced Keyboard and mouse support for the system some time ago.
would love to play it again...

It can't be Windows only... that kinda goes against everything they've preached about making games compatible for both Win 10 and Xbox. We live in a world where RTS games have been adapted almost flawlessly to a controller.

PantsuJo

Only Windows 10 store?

I'll wait for Steam.

Anyway, there is already a huge mod for enhancing hud, allowing bigger resolutions and fixing a lot of bugs.

Tagyhag

What I said on the show thread

I can completely understand why people are disappointed, but I'm super hyped.

1. The source code was apparently lost forever, I never expected the game to be re-released, let alone remastered.

2. I'd love an AOE 4 as well, but at least this means that the series still lives, we just have to keep our hope.

Not interested in the MS Store though, I can wait for a Steam release.

Also, looking forward to Gamescom now! Age of Empires 4 hype!

Top Bottom