• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AI surveilling workers for productivity

Puscifer

If this bothers you make friends in IT and ask them if management has pulled your metrics.

We've always fought long and hard against request like that but worse case scenario you can always get the scoop. I've let people know they're about to get fired and to put their 2 weeks in instead so they'll get paid out.

Last edited:

feynoob

Why are people surprised? These companies would go to any lengths to make sure they make work hell for their workers, while their CEO line up their pockets.

It's fake, but it's not that far fetch from reality. We have Amazon đźš» scandal as a prototype.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

these types of jobs will be completely replaced by AI, likely in the short term. if you really want to get worked up over something, skip past this "productivity" stage of development and envision the authoritarian regimes who will use the technology to monitor compliance.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I can't work when I'm being surveilled. Anyone else that way? Even in school, if a teacher looked over my shoulder to see me writing or doing a computerized test, I'd just stop, or even alt-tab so they couldn't see my in-progress work.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I can't work when I'm being surveilled. Anyone else that way? Even in school, if a teacher looked over my shoulder to see me writing or doing a computerized test, I'd just stop, or even alt-tab so they couldn't see my in-progress work.
the scary thing is that you can get used to it (especially) if it's not right in your face, it can fade into the periphery. boiled frog syndrome... shifting baselines.

Lambogenie

Aren't some businesses already doing this the better way, i.e. screen and device monitoring.

I have many shit meetings that last forever. They're not productive but I'm "working". So the camera-only thing in OP's doesn't mean a lot. She could have been helping him find what he needs.

As an aside, work attire needs to be improved. I'm old. Don't show your skin/short skirts/sandles/stupid shoes in the office.

Lunarorbit

Surveillance like this will never fly with me. Refuse to work for a company like that. Time theft is a time honored tradition.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

This is China, right? Not only do they have to live with a 9-9-6 culture and a social credit system, but also have to contend with their employer watching their every move.

Add into the fact that there is no democracy in China and the whole state looks like a dystopian nightmare.

FeralEcho

Then they better pay me extra cuz I ain't leaving that chair even on my brake.

How else am I gonna post all day on GAF

chris colfer GIF

Top Bottom