• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed |OT| No shoes, no shirt, all fanservice!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, did my Otaku playthough (aww, no unlockable save for the items for getting a girl's route), though my pants were shredded during the pre-final boss group fight. I wish there was a list online that I could look at to see what clothing I'm missing.

desmax

Welp, did my Otaku playthough (aww, no unlockable save for the items for getting a girl's route), though my pants were shredded during the pre-final boss group fight. I wish there was a list online that I could look at to see what clothing I'm missing.

You can scan the characters in the game with your phone to see if they have a cloth that you didn't get

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can scan the characters in the game with your phone to see if they have a cloth that you didn't get
That helps greatly, but some clothing can only be obtained via special events/routes, like Shion's exclusive boss battles or the battle arena's final ranking battles. I do know I need to make the alt. choice for the final Nana side-mission.

Thank you, this'll help at least guide me in the right direction as to what I need to look for.

Oh, & the Otaku playthrough also got me the platinum trophy.

Ken

Does DLC go away over time? I just got the game yesterday and heard about a free Falcom pack but don't see it on the store.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Alright, finished up the game a bit ago. Gamer difficulty (was actually pretty tough at times), got Tohka's true ending. In spite of all my complaints with the game, I think I'm probably going to go ahead and aim for the Platinum. Seems easy enough, and all the options you unlock after finishing the game on Gamer make subsequent playthroughs worth it, I think.

Question, though. Is
Soga's sword
basically the best weapon in the game? It's stats right now are just a bit lower than my aluminum bat, but holy shit it's stupidly powerful, even on Otaku difficulty. I feel like I could blaze through Otaku with it, especially if I combined my aluminum bat with it.

Geneijin

I just started the PS3 version and I noticed audio skipping is pretty frequent when you meet up with everyone the first time. Is this also prominent in the Vita version? I might just skip out on the PS3 one if so.

My word, I think the iDOL dIS@STER 2 quest took me like half a hour to do. And another 5 minutes collecting all the brooms and underwear on the floor. @_@

Dragoshi1

My word, I think the iDOL dIS@STER 2 quest took me like half a hour to do. And another 5 minutes collecting all the brooms and underwear on the floor. @_@

I left the Telekinesis strip technique on, so it took me over an hour waiting for the animations to end.

It's better to go into these two quests with the quick strip technique, WAY faster.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it's kind of amusing to watch some of the different strip animations, but after a while, I just switched to the ones that're much faster, as it flows better in comparison to having to watch 5 seconds of animation each time when you're trying to do a 8+ combo.

I know that there is a pun somewhere to be made, but my Vita gets so hot when I play this game. I'm not charging at the same time, btw.

Achtius

damn, after my first playthrough (in casual), I got
Soga's and Sakaguchi's strip scene, no Zenya, are they missable? For some reason i didn't get it :(

Alright, finished up the game a bit ago. Gamer difficulty (was actually pretty tough at times), got Tohka's true ending. In spite of all my complaints with the game, I think I'm probably going to go ahead and aim for the Platinum. Seems easy enough, and all the options you unlock after finishing the game on Gamer make subsequent playthroughs worth it, I think.

Question, though. Is
Soga's sword
basically the best weapon in the game? It's stats right now are just a bit lower than my aluminum bat, but holy shit it's stupidly powerful, even on Otaku difficulty. I feel like I could blaze through Otaku with it, especially if I combined my aluminum bat with it.

Not really? I don't like
Soga's
sword. It's really big but the hitbox seems way smaller, plus it's really slow. I Maxed out
Zenya's
sword because the attacks where fast and fluid. I also maxed out Kaito's figurine for shits and giggles. Both weapons maxed out at 999 do roughly the same damage. It all comes down to moveset prefrence.

I platinum'd the game a couple of days ago. I had fun. The game definitely has problems, big ones at that, but the premise and wackiness of the game held my attention. I wish the choices made more difference in the story instead of which girl likes you more. All of the routes where too similar. If every route was as different as Shion's it would have gone a long way. The game is pretty easy but that helped keep my interest I guess. It was a fun and easy game to platinum without it being brain dead too. Overall I got to give Akiba's Strip a 6/10.

just platinum'd the game as well. all my main girls (except for kati and nana) had all their weapons and costumes at max level. at otaku difficulty, they were hitting for 3000+ damage XD otaku difficulty is quite fun seeing you getting beaten by a mob hitting you for 2000+ per hit and 5-6 people ganging up on you at the same time. had to really dodge and counter attack/strip that much on there. :D

quick question though. had all the true endings but game clear percentage is at 98%. is that for the normal end?

BwYWiv_CUAA8-kH.jpg

And there, finished my first playthrough of this game. Did Shizuki's true route and got Nana's ending at the same time.

Gotta say it was pretty fun. Yes the game is a bit clunky at times, mostly with the camera and the lock on feature being automatic, but I really did enjoy playing it. Its amazing how well done Akihabara is in this game, the stripping is fun, the combat is fun as well especially with trying out new weapons and I enjoyed the story more or less.

Probably won't be able to really do much on new game+ for a while though so platinum will have to wait!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh wow, completely forgot about the lock-on being automatic. Yeah, it was a pain not having an easier method of switching which enemy to lock on to, especially if I wanted to make it so I could get a good strip combo going.

Despite all my complaints, I think I'd have to call this a flawed gem. I REALLY hope we see a third game so they can iron out all the problems. There's some real potential here and they got it down with the presentation.

fahad

Neo Member
So guys is there anything I should avoid so I don't get a bad ending" if there is one " ?

+ which character do you recommend that I should pair with ?, because its affect the ending I want it to be interesting and good ?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's really no "bad" ending, save for at the very beginning & always choosing the "joke" option.

As for characters, Shion probably had the most interesting story, especially since it contained the most boss fights. Shizuku, save for the funny moments when she discovers her inner-otaku, probably was the least interesting. It's still worth getting all the endings/routes since the story differs slightly & there's different missions between them.

Finished the game on gamer difficulty, great game. Which pairing would be easiest for Otaku difficulty? Just doing a quick casual run to max out some equips before jumping in.

I really hope that it sells well enough for a sequel to come over though. It's really the next best thing since Sega doesn't seem to want to bring Yakuza games over anymore.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd say Tohko might be a good one to do for Otaku. I think she had the least amount of boss fights.

And there, finished my first playthrough of this game. Did Shizuki's true route and got Nana's ending at the same time.

Gotta say it was pretty fun. Yes the game is a bit clunky at times, mostly with the camera and the lock on feature being automatic, but I really did enjoy playing it. Its amazing how well done Akihabara is in this game, the stripping is fun, the combat is fun as well especially with trying out new weapons and I enjoyed the story more or less.

Probably won't be able to really do much on new game+ for a while though so platinum will have to wait!
I'm surprised you didn't do Shion's route first. ;)

I'm surprised you didn't do Shion's route first. ;)

I kinda just choose her because she was the "main" girl, lol

So is there any easy way to make money for me to max out my stuff besides the clear casual arena over and over game as I keep going in and out of Akihabara?

Is fast forwarding my only way to moving through events? There's no actual event skip?

Alright, I'll jump on Tohko's route then. Although from the few times I've had her as a partner in gamer difficulty she's had huuuuge problems holding her own. Hopefully it works out lol.

Pics_nao

Did Shion's route... My god. I really should've done Shizuku's first and saved Shion's for last. I don't see that getting topped at all

post-edit: read some more reviews on Metacritic, probably not for me so nevermind......

PS4 version is coming out in Hong Kong today, thinking about getting this but not entirely sure what the game is all about. I watched a few YouTube videos and read up on the game a little bit online, it looks like a light-hearted version of Yakuza to me, would that be a fair comparison (some free roam and lots of sidequests, narrative heavy)? And just how bad is the frame rate on the PS3? I'm hoping this will be improved in the PS4 version, but just in case it isn't so I can prepare myself.

I still haven't gotten the game. I picked up Daganronpa cuz if was on sale and Gaf hype but the game isn't clicking for me.

About Akibas though: if I like Persona 3/4 and Yakuza will I like this?

JJP12

I finally finished the game and only received the little sisters true ending. Guess I'm not so good with the 2D ladies :/

Between the game play/customization/comedy I had a blast! I'll probably go for the platinum slowly over the next month or so.

Finally got platinum on this today after taking a bit of a break to play Tales of Xillia 2. Have to say despite some of the technical issues this has been one of my favorite games this year.

I've started up the Vita version this evening and bar frame rate issues I'm enjoying the game. I started on "gamer" difficulty but I'm wondering if its worth knocking the difficulty down for a play through while I get better gear? Combat is fairly challenging due to most attacks doing significant damage so I was thinking about knocking the difficulty down a notch for my first playthrough...

I've started up the Vita version this evening and bar frame rate issues I'm enjoying the game. I started on "gamer" difficulty but I'm wondering if its worth knocking the difficulty down for a play through while I get better gear? Combat is fairly challenging due to most attacks doing significant damage so I was thinking about knocking the difficulty down a notch for my first playthrough...

No reason not to, unless you're aiming to speedrun through the shortest path to all the trophies before you shelve the game.

it should be fine. the game is not that hard and your partners should hit harder than you initially anyway. just fuse items you get from drops stripped clothes.

it should be fine. the game is not that hard and your partners should hit harder than you initially anyway. just fuse items you get from drops stripped clothes.

Will do. I'm getting the feeling for the combat down more now so it shouldn't be a problem (bar the police). I'm just trying to get the timing for the counter down better, I guess you can't counter an enemy attack if your already performing a combo?

Danm i lost a nice piece of equipement and i forgot where i can go to buy it back.

Wasn't there a shop where i could buy those kind of lost items ?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Danm i lost a nice piece of equipement and i forgot where i can go to buy it back.

Wasn't there a shop where i could buy those kind of lost items ?
Yes, there's a shop near the exit in Electric Town Plaza that lets you buy the equipment that was destroyed in battle.

chrono01

I completed the game for my first time [Shizuka/Nana Route] and I had a great time. It was just a thoroughly refreshing experience the whole way through. So many games take themselves too seriously these days, so it's nice to be able to relax and enjoy a game that's filled with such humor, interesting characters, and an incredible localization. Nicely-done, XSEED!

I won't be replaying it again immediately, since I'll be purchasing the PS4 version when it releases and that will be the version I opt to go Platinum for. I easily got my money worth though, and I'm proud to have supported such a unique title [I also own it for the Vita].

Ken

So...the combat is totally killing my enjoyment of the game. It feels super slow and clunky. I was trying to do the block-dodge thing but trying to get away from guard breaks is rough with how long animations take for your dude. Any tips for combat? I really like the story and characters and want to see all that stuff but this combat is such a bore.

Also does weapon determine attack animation speed? I'm using a rolled up poster.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So...the combat is totally killing my enjoyment of the game. It feels super slow and clunky. I was trying to do the block-dodge thing but trying to get away from guard breaks is rough with how long animations take for your dude. Any tips for combat? I really like the story and characters and want to see all that stuff but this combat is such a bore.

Also does weapon determine attack animation speed? I'm using a rolled up poster.

Yes, weapon determine attack animation speed.

Use alumunium bat or high quality wood sword. There's other weapon with faster animation, but those two are common enough and easy to get. A great beginner weapon.

Fist weapon are also fast, especially weapon gotten from special character.

Several tips for combat:
1. When enemy start to dodge, stop your attack, and assume defensive position. You will dodge the enemy, and after a ouple of hits, they sometime do unlockable attack. That's a good chance to attack the enemies
2. Low and medium attack counter will hit the enemies most of the time, while upper counter can sometime miss the enemy.
3. Run and keep your distance from enemy if you overwhelmed, this give you a chance to heal your clothes
4. Use your partner to bait the enemy.

Hope it can be useful
That's my tips.

chrono01

I was going to reply but...

Yes, weapon determine attack animation speed.

Use alumunium bat or high quality wood sword. There's other weapon with faster animation, but those two are common enough and easy to get. A great beginner weapon.

Fist weapon are also fast, especially weapon gotten from special character.

Several tips for combat:
1. When enemy start to dodge, stop your attack, and assume defensive position. You will dodge the enemy, and after a ouple of hits, they sometime do unlockable attack. That's a good chance to attack the enemies
2. Low and medium attack counter will hit the enemies most of the time, while upper counter can sometime miss the enemy.
3. Run and keep your distance from enemy if you overwhelmed, this give you a chance to heal your clothes
4. Use your partner to bait the enemy.

Hope it can be useful
That's my tips.
This fellow pretty much said everything I was going to.

If you feel combat is slow, definitely try different weapons. As mentioned, the Aluminum Bat is insanely good [and easy to get off of a Synthister], and can easily carry you through the game when leveled up.

Also,
Telekinesis Strip
is amazing.

fahad

Neo Member
So guys I'm about 6 hours in the game and I don't know witch route I'm at actually

Is there gonna be a sign or like choosing the route coming to me in the future ?

Or it will be based on the relationship between the the characters , so the route will come to me after developing the relationship ?

Top Bottom