• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alabama Chief Justice suspended for rest of term over defying Feds on gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJPIA

I was waiting for the salt to show up

heheh
This is gold
https://www.facebook.com/JudgeRoyMoore/posts/10154597259449224
Press release from Chief Justice Moore:
This decision clearly reflects the corrupt nature of our political and legal system at the highest level.
After the Attorney General of Alabama declined to prosecute this case, the JIC employed the former legal director of the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) which filed the charges against me, at a cost of up to $75,000.00 to the taxpayers of Alabama.
During the trial which lasted approximately four hours, the JIC produced no witnesses, no affidavits, and no evidence to meet their burden of proving by “clear and convincing” evidence that the Administrative order of January 6, 2016 violated the Canons of Judicial Ethics.
This was a politically motivated effort by radical homosexual and transgender groups to remove me as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court because of outspoken opposition to their immoral agenda.
This opinion violates not only the legal standards of evidence but also the rule of law which states that no judge can be removed from office except by unanimous vote.
Woo he even got in a bit there about the homosexual agenda.

LC updated their press release with more goodness.
“The rule of law should trump political agendas. Sadly, today that is not the case. What this decision tells us today is that Montgomery has a long way to go to weed out abuse of political power and restore the rule of law,” Staver said.
“The 2016 Administrative Order was merely a status report of the pending case before the Alabama Supreme Court. The order did not change the status quo. It did not create any new obligation or duty. To suspend Chief Justice Moore for the duration of his term is a miscarriage of justice and we will appeal this case to the Alabama Supreme Court. This case is far from over,” said Staver.
 Liberty Counsel is filing an appeal of the decision with the Alabama Supreme Court. A new panel of judges will need to convene to hear the case and all the sitting Justices should be recused.
It kinda seems weird that one could appeal to Alabama's SC for this case.
Anyways, clearly all 9 judges are biased against moore.
Even this guy
In July 2011, Judge Joiner was honored as Republican of the Year by the Shelby County Republican Party.
He is an active member of The Church at Brookhills where he teaches a Bible study class. He previously served as Deacon and Chairman of the Shelby Baptist Association Credentials Committee.

Was curious about how people get put on this court and found a article about it.
http://www.wbrc.com/story/33288577/who-are-the-people-who-suspended-chief-justice-roy-moore
Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Michael Joiner is the chief judge of the court. Judge Joiner was appointed by the Alabama Supreme Court.

Circuit Judge’s James Woodroof, Jr. of Athens and Laura Petro of Birmingham were selected by the Circuit Judges’ Association.

District Judge Jeffrey Brock of Evergreen was selected by the District Judges’ Association.

In addition, the Court consists of attorneys John Denson II of Opelika, Dagnal Rowe, Sr. of Huntsville, appointed by the Alabama Bar Association.

The governor selects two non-attorneys and the lieutenant governor selects an additional member of the court.

The non-attorneys on the Court are Gwaltney McCollum, Jr. and Darryl Perkins of Birmingham and Lucinda Samford Cannon of Opelika.
Hey you guys picked them.

I've been waiting for months for this to wrap up and their responses have been totally worth the wait.

Volimar

This is worth bringing a classic out of retirement.

gUdDtLE.gif

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

heheh
This is gold

Even this guy

Was curious about how people get put on this court and found a article about it.
http://www.wbrc.com/story/33288577/who-are-the-people-who-suspended-chief-justice-roy-moore

I've been waiting for months for this to wrap up and their responses have been totally worth the wait.

Excuse me? You want to talk about the rule of law trumping agendas? Man, fuck you and drop dead you piece of shit. The law of the land is that gay marriage is legal. Go suck a dick.

Hopefully in the next decade we take a good, hard look at how fucking insane elected judges are as a concept and finally end that disgusting practice.

RMI

Banned
Immoral homosexual agenda? Fuck this asshole. I'm glad he can't run again because he's too old, but I'm more glad that he'll be dead sooner because he's too old.

Excuse me? You want to talk about the rule of law trumping agendas? Man, fuck you and drop dead you piece of shit. The law of the land is that gay marriage is legal. Go suck a dick.

Nice touch.

Mahonay

Banned

heheh
This is gold

Even this guy

What a piece of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom