• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 — The Dark Place Trailer | Gamescom

I hope the Dark Place is more than just a dark reflection of the real world. I want to see some stranger locations in it. Something Lovecraftian for instance.

Killer8

Oh god, not the live action shit again. It was corny as hell in Quantum Break due to how low budget it felt. Nearly ruined an otherwise great game.

Killer8

Didn't the original Alan Wake also have really corny live action?

Some of it look like it was straight out of a CW show.

There was a prequel web series called Bright Falls which was live action but as far as I remember there was no live action in the main game.

American Nightmare had the live-action Mr Scratch recordings but they were spiritually more like the comedy TV shows you could find in the old Max Payne games.

As you say, Quantum Break and now AW2 is more of the CW quality shit...

Apocryphon

There was a prequel web series called Bright Falls which was live action but as far as I remember there was no live action in the main game.

American Nightmare had the live-action Mr Scratch recordings but they were spiritually more like the comedy TV shows you could find in the old Max Payne games.

American Nightmare had some live action stuff in it iirc.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

This is fucking stupid considering Riverport is mentioned in Control.

Shouldve just said "There's no point connecting it since Lance Reddick is dead."

Remedy continues to be questionable.

Also

OyAatT8.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah, it was American Nightmare I was thinking of with the Mr Scratch live action. It came off as very corny.

K' Dash

Microsoft OWNS Quantum Break. Alan Wake and Control are Remedy's, so it makes sense they'd want to leave it out.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I hope they wrap up the story in a satisfying way because there's no way in hell they'll get a chance to make AW3. Don't Shenmue 3 this shit. No need for cliffhangers that take 13 years to resolve.
Agreed--wrap up Alan's story with a bow and they can make a successor to it in another game in the same universe that's not Alan Wake 3.

Alan Wake's cliffhanger ending ("It's not a lake--it's an ocean!" or whatever) was eye-rolling. Not only did it not wrap up the story, it also meant...basically nothing.

SnapShot

Gameplay looks awful lol, stiff and lacks depth. seems RE4R really did ruin survival horrors for me. I mean I like the first alan wake but from what little they're showing it doesn't look all that promising

Last edited:

sinnergy

Unfortunate. Quantum Break has a very solid story to it IMO, with plenty of ground left to be covered.

Why they feel like all the games they work on need to connect together is beyond me, I don't see many AC references in Far Cry, etc. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
They want a universe .. it’s the new hype ! Marvel
Universe ! DC universe ! Gaf universe ! Didn’t you get the memo?

Top Bottom