• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake 2 domain registered by Remedy

Cosby2.gif

tiong_fi

Database update is when the registrant makes any changes to nameserver etc.

Nope, whois uses many global databases which are updated frequently to include information about every domain. When the domain's details are changed, it shows up on the Updated field of each domain, in this case:

whois alanwake2.com

Whois Server Version 2.0

Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

Domain Name: ALANWAKE2.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
Name Server: NS19.WORLDNIC.COM
Name Server: NS20.WORLDNIC.COM
Updated Date: 27-oct-2008
Creation Date: 28-dec-2005
Expiration Date: 28-dec-2013

>>> Last update of whois database: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 11:21:45 UTC <<<

derFeef

Nope, whois uses many global databases which are updated frequently to include information about every domain. When the domain's details are changed, it shows up on the Updated field of each domain, in this case:

That's different. I am talking about this - http://www.namepros.com/domain-newbies/683009-database-last-updated-what-does-mean.html

edit: anyway, it popped up today I think so I guess it means something, if I am wrong we can gladly close it and everyone will hate me :/

tiong_fi

That's different. I am talking about this - http://www.namepros.com/domain-newbies/683009-database-last-updated-what-does-mean.html

edit: anyway, it popped up today I think so I guess it means something, if I am wrong we can gladly close it and everyone will hate me :/

That is the time when the registrar's own whois server has updated its own database.

See for example:

whois alanwake2.com
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com

whois -h whois.networksolutions.com alanwake2.com
Record expires on 28-Dec-2013.
Record created on 28-Dec-2005.
Database last updated on 4-Jun-2012 07:23:29 EDT.

For reference:
whois -h whois.networksolutions.com alanwake.com

Record expires on 07-Feb-2016.
Record created on 07-Feb-2005.
Database last updated on 4-Jun-2012 07:23:27 EDT.

You'll get a different time for the database last updated field almost every time you run the query if there are frequent changes to the database.

That is the time when the registrar's own whois server has updated its own database.

See for example:

You'll get a different time for the database last updated field almost every time you run the query if there are frequent changes to the database.

:(

Guess i'll pretend this isn't true and still hype a (im?)possible E3 announcement :p

Solo

First game rocked, so I'm down for another, day one style.

What I realllllly need is a Red Dead R______ announcement soon though......

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sweet, but I'm hoping it's titled Alan Wake: The Return. I might have to buy a 360 for this since I doubt it'll see a PC release as quickly as American Nightmare, but I shouldn't get ahead of myself yet lol.

Sweet, but I'm hoping it's titled Alan Wake: The Return. I might have to buy a 360 for this since I doubt it'll see a PC release as quickly as American Nightmare, but I shouldn't get ahead of myself yet lol.

I think this is next gen AW as someone above mentioned new engine for next gen systems.

GCX

Remedy has been hiring people for a next gen console project so I doubt we'll see AW2 on 360.

Gbraga

If it's really for the "Xbox 3", I hope it comes out in the first 2 years of the console, please don't take 5 more years from the moment the next gen comes out to release it >_<

Pyronite

LOGIC IN THIS THREAD GUYS

A domain registration takes about $10 a YEAR. They would have registered these as early as possible (as people have already mentioned).

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah!! Playing through American Nightmare right now and I need more Alan Wake! So glad this series survived its initial reception. Woo!!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Does Remedy have to be there in order to announce it?

def sim

If this is headed for next gen, I'd expect it to be more of what they initially promised us with the IP. I loved Alan Wake, but imagine doing all that in an open world setting.

Kevin

Remedy stated that they would NOT be at E3 this year so I do wonder why they seem to be teasing Alan Wake 2 if they are not at E3 this year...

Bluth54

I'm ready for Alan Wake 2, I've played through the 360 version twice and pc version once, it's one of my favorite games this gen. I'm really hoping I don't have to wait too long for the PC version this time, I'm not planning on getting Microsoft's next console.

Top Bottom