• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alcohol-age: Absinthe coming back to US

Status
Not open for further replies.

scitek

C4Lukins said:
Good luck drinking it straight out of a glass.

I've had 10 shots of it in one night before and I didn't vomit. I wasn't exactly able to stand, either, though.

Bacardi 151 is the only stuff I've ever had trouble with. Oh, and Jose Cuervo. I hate them both.

Everclear's awesome cuz it's only $15 a handle here in GA.

MidiSurf

Banned
Timedog said:
Whoa awesome! Isn't this supposed to make you hallucinate? How much of that chemical does normal absinthe have?

No it doesn't make you hallucinate. "There is very little thujone left in the product. Modern science has estimated that a person drinking absinthe would die from alcohol poisoning long before he or she were affected by the thujone. And there is no evidence at all that thujone can cause hallucinations, even in high doses."

But nonetheless Absinthe is very good alchol if you prepare it right. But it's also neat shot drink.

Too bad you have that "10 parts per million of the chemical thujone" limit you can't have the real stuff like King of Spirits <3

http://www.originalabsinthe.com/absinthe-king-gold-p-56.html <-- Great fucking stuff.

I actually know a guy who makes absinthe right from his house, and he uses all the real ingredients. We took a bottle of that with us on a road trip out to cali one year, great fucking times.

robot said:
(Bump)

Picked up a bottle of Lucid Absinthe last night and was curious if anyone's ever had it. Didn't see the need to create a thread about.

At $65 a bottle, I'm hoping this shit is good!

I don't like black licorice. It tastes exactly like black licorice. I will be passing on it for now on in the future.

MidiSurf

Banned
robot said:
(Bump)

Picked up a bottle of Lucid Absinthe last night and was curious if anyone's ever had it. Didn't see the need to create a thread about.

At $65 a bottle, I'm hoping this shit is good!

Nah, it pretty bad actually. But you can make pretty good cocktails from it, Vodka + Lucid <3

big_z

imo the stuff is shit. if it actually did mess up your mind it would be worth it but since it does nothing but get you drunk there's no point. there's far better and cheaper drinks out there.

this whole legalized absinthe thing is new to me. so i'm pretty glad this got bumped

i called a few local liquor stores asking if they carried any all the responses were "absinthe is illegal in the US, dumbass" :lol oh well. i'll probably find some whenever i next go downtown

These two forums have all the information you'll need about absinthe. Now, if you're bothered by GAF's elitist pricks*, those places will clench your fists. This thread alone would have them howling for banishment.

Absinthe isn't something I would want to drink every night, but it has its place and I think is worth the expense.

* For all I know, I'm one of them.

CrunchyB

Karakand said:
It might have been pastis.

Pastis is from the word Pastische and means "imitation". Of Absinthe.

I drank a lot of Absinthe back in the day. It made me very drunk and one time, very sick. It never made me hallucinate.

fuck absinthe, Montenegro is where it's at

127.jpg

fucking DELICIOUS man, I tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom