• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of Rome 2 Total War's factions have been revealed!

Makedonia had domain over the two leagues? The Achaean League and Etolia League. I really don't remember anymore.
I think the last faction is Epirus btw.

demolitio

Yes Carthage sige was very great scale wise though why they need to attack straight from a boat, a city they have been besieging for years, escapes me.

My biggest gripe with sieges (haven't played Shogun 2) is that you could besiege a city for years but it seems your troops and especially artillery guns/catapults stand idle until you actually assault the fortress. Then they destroy the wall in 5 minutes while you stand and wait. Give me more siege options on strategic map without going to "battle" map: to dig earthworks both against both fortress and possible relief force. Let me deploy artillery against a segment of fortress and only when after months they succeed in breaking the wall let me assault the place. Win win from both realism and game play standpoint.

Agreed. I'd love to be able to soften the place up while you're besieging a city and fortifying defenses outside the city if needed as well as you wait. Each turn could add more damage to the city so you don't have to wait as long and maybe even have the defenders make some makeshift defenses each turn as well making both sides have to decide whether waiting out the siege is a good idea or if they should just attack before they're set up any further.

I always hated how you basically sit there for the first 5-10 minutes as your artillery takes out some key areas just so you can start the assault, but it's at least cool to watch. :D

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Agreed. I'd love to be able to soften the place up while you're besieging a city and fortifying defenses outside the city if needed as well as you wait. Each turn could add more damage to the city so you don't have to wait as long

I think this actually happened when you were besieging star forts in Napoleon:TW.

cripterion

I want the next total war game to be WH40k or regular warhammer.

heart-attack.jpg

Martian

NEW FACTION: Pontus

Pontus1.png

700px-PonticRoyalCavalry.jpg

Pontus, or wherearetheseleucids, a fusion between the western world and the eastern world.
Both the Persians and the Greeks have left their mark in this land.
Ruled by mighty kings, this kindom in modern-day Turkey will have to fight on all borders.

Also:

Pontus will be available day one through a free content update to the core Total War: ROME II game.

Sounds like they listened to the '8 factions isn't enough' -plea. My guess is they later decided to make it playable, because why not release it immediately?

The more I hear about this the more hope I lose.

So there's no Seleucid Empire now?

Don't like what I'm hearing about the more cinematic, action-focused battles. I don't like the fact they've merged the Roman factions into one and the lack of factions in general. This all points in one horrible direction for the game and possibly the series towards simplification and what the devs perceive as immediacy.

If this is not moddable I'll stick to Barborum and Stainless Steel.

zon

So Iceni and Parthia will be the easy mode factions. I don't care about no Seleucids so I'm ok with Pontus.

I would have prefered a TW game that focuses on the period soon after the Roman Empire breaks apart. All the tiny kingdoms that popped up during that time could be a fun and slightly different experience.

Martian

The more I hear about this the more hope I lose.

So there's no Seleucid Empire now?

Don't like what I'm hearing about the more cinematic, action-focused battles. I don't like the fact they've merged the Roman factions into one and the lack of factions in general. This all points in one horrible direction for the game and possibly the series towards simplification and what the devs perceive as immediacy.

If this is not moddable I'll stick to Barborum and Stainless Steel.

Well, no playable seleucids
I'm sure they will be in the game (and possible DLC)

And the 3 Roman factions were kind of a stretch, I feel 1 is more historically accurate.

Sethos

Banned
I really can't wait to pump a ton of hours into the co-op campaign with my friend. Especially with all the recent additions, it's going to be fantastic. We skipped Shogun as I didn't like that era / setting and I've been told it made a lot of good improvements to co-op. So just sitting there, on a Friday night with my friend, working towards conquering the world with our armies.

Pure. gaming. bliss.

Martian

I've been gone for a while, so this is probably old news, but:

It's up for pre-order!

ss_5e08f604bb634966a422b4d8672b16159509d980.600x338.jpg

Along with the Greek Cities (Athens, Epirus and Sparta) DLC, for free!

It says its due in September 2013, a little earlier than I expected.

I haven't pre-ordered yet, but that's just because I don't know if my laptop can handle it:p

How come factions like Rome and Carthage get multiple sectors of the map, whereas other factions get one measly territory? Seems a bit unbalanced there. They should rectify that.

Certain factions were larger than others in past games, but this seems somewhat more problematic.

Martian

How come factions like Rome and Carthage get multiple sectors of the map, whereas other factions get one measly territory? Seems a bit unbalanced there. They should rectify that.

Certain factions were larger than others in past games, but this seems somewhat more problematic.

Well, the map they showed for the faction reveal isn't final. They said it was more of a general map.

Also, in Shogun 2, a lot of factions started with only 1 territory, and it didn't matter much, as you could expand into neighbouring rebel factions before a larger faction tried to attack you.

Top Bottom