• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alt-Right Turns on Charlottesville Unite The Right Organizer "Hired by Soros"

Buckle

I love how any time the alt right are revealed to be insane lunatics, the only way they can rationalize it is to turn it into a cartoon conspiracy.

'WE'RE NOT CRAZY! YOU'RE CRAZY! JADE HELM! SHADOW GOVERNMENT OBAMA!"

802.jpg

Fucking Soros.

I feel like this is the 2017 version of "Thanks Obama!!". But crazier, and meant seriously by many...

It is fucking BIZARRE how easy they just completely bullshit their way though whatever nonsense they need to do so as to not admit to themselves that they are bigots.

And how they always manage to find an old Jewish man to do it with.

DrSlek

Just out of morbid curiosity I want to look at /pol/ yesterday and they were accusing basically all of the leadership of the Unite the Right rally of being paid actors/CIA plants/LARPers.

It's like they really believe they're invincible and any of them who shows any sign of weakness must be working against them.

Ponn

Banned
Everything is a freaking conspiracy with these people and you can tell when you are talking to one right away.

"We need these historical statues to be able to tell children about both sides and let them decide for themselves."

"Don't believe everything you've read, history books are written by the victors"

Been seeing and hearing alot of that since this past weekend. You can tell right where its going to head and will eventually end up at "Hitler did nothing wrong" bullshit.

Clearly (((((S O R O S))))) is this century's greatest strategist, tactician and manipulator. I can't wait for the grand finale of this master plan years in the making.

DonShula

Everything is a freaking conspiracy with these people and you can tell when you are talking to one right away.

"We need these historical statues to be able to tell children about both sides and let them decide for themselves."

"Don't believe everything you've read, history books are written by the victors"

Been seeing and hearing alot of that since this past weekend. You can tell right where its going to head and will eventually end up at "Hitler did nothing wrong" bullshit.

Dude, Soros is using Lego to acclimate the children to yellow people.

Sometimes I think the best way to get Trump's base to turn against him is to convince them he's only in office because (((((((SOROS)))))) planted him there. Forget the appeals to morality or basic reason, just play their game and start pushing Trump's election as a S O R O S conspiracy.

Well yeah, they're gonna end up thinking that either way. "Trump was intentionally destroying the Republican Party from the inside!" actually some already believe that.

Shadybiz

Soros with that 101st dimensional chess.

He KNEW counter protestors would show up.

He KNEW one of the neo- nazis would kill someone and wound others.

And...

He KNEW that Trump would bungle the statement afterwards so badly that many of his allies would turn on him.

The man truly is a wizard.

/s

It has already happened actually: during the Republican primaries there was a lot of talk that Trump was a poison pill engineered by the coastal elites and globalists - an operation spearheaded by the Clintons.

Part of me, a very very small part, still believes the Trump campaign and subsequent trashfire of a Presidency is some extremely long Andy Kaufmann style gaff on the entire electorate as a demonstration of how broken things have become.

Nafai1123

Banned
Part of me, a very very small part, still believes the Trump campaign and subsequent trashfire of a Presidency is some extremely long Andy Kaufmann style gaff on the entire electorate as a demonstration of how broken things have become.

You're giving him way too much credit. He's just a piece of shit.

Mechazawa

Is there anything more hilarious than alt-right goons disingenuously complaining about others "dividing" america.

Like they give a shit.

Well, yeah. This is phase 1 of their new strategy.

The take away that the Overton window has been shifted right is odd to me.

I'm seeing a slow but steady increase in rhetoric around increased decriminalization of marijuana (at a federal level), concerns over automation and UBI, single-payer healthcare, and the current state of hate speech laws.

We are NOT living on the cusp of a liberal utopia, but these ideas only seem to have gained mindshare since Trump took office (largely as a reaction to the constant failures of the GOP).

You're giving him way too much credit. He's just a piece of shit.

Like I said, a very small part.

Can these fools ever that responsibility for anything? As soon as their shenanigans go sideways they start this conspiracy bullshit.

I called it months ago that when Trump goes down they're going to claim that he was an undercover Democrat all along.

Dr.Acula

Banned

lol, he's dismantled his own administration, handcuffed Republicans, and emboldened Nazis so perfectly it's almost hard to think he's accomplished all that just by making nothing but wrong moves. It's like a political version of Brewster's Millions.

zashga

The paranoia of the alt-right is really something else. Even when they nominally control the presidency and Republicans in congress are too scared to oppose them directly, they're constantly preoccupied with an omnipotent enemy that doesn't exist. Imagine how much more dangerous they would be if they didn't waste so much time and energy fighting each other.

Needs more labels.

That or a South Park-style "THIS IS WHAT RIGHT-WINGERS ACTUALLY BELIEVE" flashing subtitle.

I mean, that's sort of like asking conspiracy theorists not to talk about Seth Rich. It's gonna happen. The idea that these angry ass bigots are gonna be able to control themselves and pull off a secret underground movement is just not realistic.

Ekai

I mean, that's sort of like asking conspiracy theorists not to talk about Seth Rich. It's gonna happen. The idea that these angry ass bigots are gonna be able to control themselves and pull off a secret underground movement is just not realistic.

It should be blared across all media regardless so people become aware. Centrists are so easily entranced by the right-wing's dog-whistles of "both sides". They would allow shit to happen if we let them.

whipihguh

Banned

I don't know if this thread was archived anywhere, but I was lurking /pol/ and seeing what they were saying post-Charlottesville and saw the thread this came from myself. First off, they were already disavowing the events as a false-flag from the get-go, long before this post came up. Secondly, a vast number of posters, of not the outright overwhelming majority of the thread were posts mocking the OP's ideas. Perhaps I'm remembering or saw a post that was extremely similar, but I think this was it, and I doubt similar conversations elsewhere were any different.

Don't get me wrong, some people probably think it's a good plan, but many of them refused to go along with the ideas of even slightly moderating the movement, at least from what saw, and those are the people that are always gonna show this movement as what it is. People like Spencer try to be somewhat subtle about it, but it's the lower followers that are gonna start chanting about Jews and fly Nazi flags around, and they're too stuck in their bubble to ever change that, I feel. As much as the heads of the movement try to manipulate things, their base is still a rowdy bunch of Nazis and I don't feel they can really be controlled. It's kinda hyperbolic to portray this as if it's part of some concentrated plan when disavowing violent members as plants/false flags is pretty commonplace from these dudes already.

Averon

Eat this DEEP STATE OPERATIVES
eIZ8l.gif

Drain The Swamp™

deep-state-vs-trump-swamp-draining-service-toon.jpg

I've seen several of Garrison's cartoons, and every one of them is littered with labels. It is as if he himself knows his audience is too stupid to understand subtlety. Everything has to be clearly labeled or /pol/ will not be about to understand the message.

Locke562

DEEP STATE OPERATIVES!!!!!!!

How the fuck do these people survive, day-to-day, in the real world? Who hires them? What do their coworkers think of them? How do they get dates/laid?

It's just beyond imagination.

I think we're starting to get to the bottom of their motivations.

mclem

A thought. Taking the statues down is explicitly legislated agains in some states, is it? Fine. Just augment them. Add the equivalent of a Fearless Girl:

Pqr0DmU.jpg

Add further statuary to change the meaning. Change it from a statue of a Civil War General to a statue of a statue of a Civil War general being pulled down.

DrSlek

Soros with that 101st dimensional chess.

He KNEW counter protestors would show up.

He KNEW one of the neo- nazis would kill someone and wound others.

And...

He KNEW that Trump would bungle the statement afterwards so badly that many of his allies would turn on him.

The man truly is a wizard.

/s
Machiavelli never died. He just changed his name every century.

Top Bottom