• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Amazing" Capcom scoop in next Famitsu (update: LAWD THEY DID IT AGAIN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let it be:

- a new Onimusha
- Phoenix Wright HD for Vita
- Resident Evil REmake HD
- a new Dino Crisis

I know, I know... It is nice to want things.

I know, I know... It is Crapcom we're talking about.

I know, I know... All aboard the hype train, next stop: Dissapointment Town.

But hey, the moment we stop hoping, is the moment we stop living.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Knowing our luck, it'll probably be The Amazing Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, featuring some new characters and balance fixes and more reskinned maps.

Jawmuncher

Please let it be:

- a new Onimusha
- a new Dino Crisis

im ok with all of this

Knowing our luck, it'll probably be The Amazing Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, featuring some new characters and balance fixes and more reskinned maps.

Dunno about anyone else, but I'd certainly be satisfied with that.

That being said, it's almost certainly going to be something disappointing.

Please let it be:

- a new Onimusha
- a new Dino Crisis

hah. on one hand this is sad

but on the other its really funny

hah. on one hand this is sad

but on the other its really funny

Hehe, I know. In the ridiculous world that is gaming, there is only a small, blurried line between fun and sadness, isn't it?

Oh yeah... I forgot to beg for a Vita Okami HD version, because I can't imagine Okami to look any better on that 5 inch OLED screen.

Tesseract

Banned
RI3cE.png

You had me for a second. I thought I was banned again.
Couldn't imagine a GAF without you Kaptain and I'm on the other side of the fence~ =)

Anyway, does anyone have any recollections for what Famitsu considers "amazing" or any other such precedents? I'd like to temper my expectations accordingly and if reasonable, dream as big as possible.

New Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Minish Cap BELIEVE.

SykoTech

I'd love for "our luck" to be that good.

But I sure that whatever this is will be worse than that.

I would love to see a new Dino Crisis, Ace Attorney, or any of their good games getting a sequel. However, wasn't their a rumor last year that a Western developer was working on Strider?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Please let it be:

- a new Onimusha
- a new Dino Crisis

I like your style, junior.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
On the off chance I am right, I will give me prediction again- MH 3U, HD MH 3G port with a few new monsters.

duckroll

Just give me a Sengoku BASARA 4 reveal. It's pretty much the only thing modern-day Capcom can produce that would still be pertinent to my interests.

I'm still leaning towards Sengoku BASARA 4. With Dragon's Dogma and RE6 finished, I can't think of too much else that would be keeping Kobayashi and his crew busy at this point in time. Plus, at least going by Capcom's last earnings report (http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e120625.html), BASARA is apparently another one of their few Japanese-only brands that Capcom still places value in as a "pillar of earnings".

A Famitsu reveal, prior to a proper blowout at TGS in a few weeks? I'm hoping so!

This is probably the only predictaion I agree with. It really makes the most sense for Japan. The anime series and movie have been successful, and they're running a live action drama right now. The HD Collections are coming out as well to refresh the growing audience on the previous games.

It's really the perfect time to announce another entry in the series.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is probably the only predictaion I agree with. It really makes the most sense for Japan. The anime series and movie have been successful, and they're running a live action drama right now. The HD Collections are coming out as well to refresh the growing audience on the previous games.

It's really the perfect time to announce another entry in the series.

Yes, it'd be the right time for announce it. I agree.

It'll be something much more interesting than that Airu puzzle game. Not a high bar to clear, of course, but that's all I'm going to bother to predict.

duckroll

Oh actually it turns out the HD Collection came out last week. All the more reason they should be free to announce a sequel this week!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That would make sense. But I like how the thread keeps going without care for your post? lol

It's been announced on Sunday, many days before the next issue of Famitsu is out...and Famitsu itself covered it. Why should something already announced and already covered by the site of the magazine itself be the "amazing" scoop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom