• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon: $50 credit with purchase of PlayStation Vita (price cut really coming?)

maltrain

I just received this email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Customers who have shown an interest in the PlayStation Vita might like to know about this limited-time offer.
From June 2-8, get a $50 Amazon credit within two days after your order ships. Offer valid only on items shipped and sold by Amazon.com

And you see that on the site HERE

Pre-order and get a $50 Amazon credit
Pre-order PlayStation Vita 3G Bundle - 4GB with PlayStation Plus and Unit 13 Voucher or PlayStation Vita - WiFi and get a $50 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including but not limited to Kindle books, Gift Cards, and Amazon Appstore for Android apps). The promotional code will be emailed within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. This is a limited time offer, and a limited number of promotional codes are available. Limited to one per customer order.

Could this means a price cut is really coming for PS Vita considering dates: 2 to 8 of june?

TUSR

Banned
There was a 50$ discount for Canadians that ordered with a code, this is probably to get sales.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
That 179 Black Friday bundle was the king of Vita deals. If you missed that, wait until after E3. Price drop or at least sweet new bundles are a reasonable expectation

still no.

199 with 2 games (download choice of full games, not mini crap) and a 16gb memory card.

and i'd still think about getting it only to play ps1 games

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I bought one for $200 USD two months ago. Frickin love it. I hope Sony finds a way to resuscitate it.

Edit : It's the memory card prices that are the big problem to me. So fucking absurd. I feel like a chump buying one, but I did anyways. :-(

~~Hasan~~

i think the price will be dropped 50$ at E3. i am almost sure of it too.

they already dropped the price of the system in japan. its just a matter of time and E3 will be the perfect time for this to do.

Drexel

Neo Member
Hope this is lowered in price. I really want to get into handheld gaming but can't justify the price of this yet

Megatron

i think the price will be dropped 50$ at E3. i am almost sure of it too.

they already dropped the price of the system in japan. its just a matter of time and E3 will be the perfect time for this to do.

Yep, and the exchange rate should make this more likely too.

Rootbeer

Banned
interesting how it's a limited deal that ends just before E3.

Not sure if that is a bad sign or what.

Agreed about the proprietary memory cards. 3DS uses SD/SDHC and it's not been a problem at all. And people love the prices on those things.

I know it's a pipe dream, but if they introduced an upgraded Vita that better integrates with PS4 and has other improvements, I would jump all over it. I love my Vita.

maltrain

Vita Lite announced at E3? With support for TV out and standard microSD cards supported?!?!

Would Sony show PS4 and Vita Lite at the same time?!

Really hard. Still, the console is too young. I think Sony will cut the price for consoles and memories. I expect more a 64GB memory card launch for a really good price (believe!).

I think Amazon knows something and they are selling the stock they have before some announcement on E3.

DiscoJer

interesting how it's a limited deal that ends just before E3.

Not sure if that is a bad sign or what.

Agreed about the proprietary memory cards. 3DS uses SD/SDHC and it's not been a problem at all. And people love the prices on those things.

I dunno. If that 3DS Flashcard story is true, then SD cards can be turned into fake cartridges (that only work with the flashcard). .

As much as I hate to admit it, Sony has dodged something like that happening using their own super-expensive ones.

MasLegio

Banned
Memory card prices must drop with 50%

or a new pricedropped Vita with internal memory of 32 gb + memory card slot be released

for me to buy one

Sony fucked it up with their stupid proprietary memory card shit

Vashetti

Banned
Waiting for a new version of the Vita before I dip my wick.

Want:

(much) Better battery
mini-HDMI-out
Cheaper memory cards

coopolon

Best Buy announced an identical deal for the same time period, I at first just assumed this is Amazon price matching.

I bought a vita for $130 on ebay but the seller has been a total flake so I expect to get my money back on the 7th, and now with all these deals I'm thinking it's all for the best since it looks like something (price drop most likely, or now bundle more reasonably priced) is imminent.

Drek

Waiting for a new version of the Vita before I dip my wick.

Want:

(much) Better battery
mini-HDMI-out
Cheaper memory cards

Cheaper (and bigger) memory cards are a general need for sure.

But a much better battery likely isn't even possible. The Vita has good battery life for what it's running, and a highly efficient sleep mode.

I also don't get the point to HDMI out. The OLED looks fantastic and any output would be up-scaled from Vita's native res, making it look like shit.

Anyhow, I don't much see why Sony would roll out a new version and overhaul fabrication when the system isn't selling well as-is. That's a lot of additional cost with no promise of ever paying for itself.

Nikodemos

Sony fucked it up with their stupid proprietary memory card shit
They got greedy and tried to squeeze the last drop of blood from the Memory Stick Micro turnip (once they'd switched to SD for their other devices). The same thing happened with the PSP and the UMD: it reused parts of Sony's dead (once iPod-style internal storage became the standard) MiniDisc tech. Sony's portable division has been constantly hobbled by having to use the dregs of other divisions' obsolete tech designs. Their circa-2005 bad old Sony pricing strategy didn't help things either. Memory cards aren't razor blades.

I picked up a vita recently for $170 with a game, case and 2 memory cards. I figured that was a good deal. I'm starting to run out of games that interest me though...

Duxxy3

$50 isn't enough of a price drop anymore.

One of those super bundles at $199 (CoD or AC) would do ok, but a bare bones vita at $199 is just too much.

Will echo the sentiment that 50 isn't enough. Especially when the product has been a disaster. 75 off and throw in 6 months of PS+ and a memory card and you got me. Otherwise I see no reason to not just keep gaming on my iPad and 3DSXL. Not sure why Amazon is saying 50 back when you pre-order. It's already out and it's in stock. I expect we'll see an official price cut at E3 similar to what happened in Japan, and unfortunately I don't see it doing much to help the Vita in the US.

Top Bottom