• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon leaked Game Board Mode and Stage Builder for Super Smash Bros U.

phanphare

Banned
wow, very interested in seeing these

looks like the Wii U version will be packed with even more content than the 3DS version

Euron

Board game mode? Like Mario Party? Sounds interesting.

And Stage Builder should be better by default since it will probably utilize the touch screen on the gamepad, making it much easier to use and less time consuming.

Kouichi

We don't know anything about the board game mode and it already sounds amazing. Glad to see Stage Builder is back!

STAGE BUILDER FUCK YEAH

JUST DON'T BE AS DISAPPOINTING AS BRAWL'S STAGE BUILDER I̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶

I'm very curious to see if it would be similar to Kingdom Heart BBS's board game or Fortune Street.

Isn't Command Board literally just a simplified Fortune Street? Not that I mind since I played that for hours on end, and I hope that Smash's version is close to it.

phanphare

Banned
STAGE BUILDER FUCK YEAH

JUST DON'T BE AS DISAPPOINTING AS BRAWL'S STAGE BUILDER I̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶

the gamepad pretty much guarantees it'll be at least a little better

Durden77

Oh wow. Me and my friends earlier this week were just talking about how cool a Mario Party type mode in Smash would be. This could be really really fun. Very glad stage builder's back too. Would've been a big missed opportunity with the gamepad. Hope it's improved, but I'm just glad it's there for now.

Hell yes. Startin to look like the Wii U version really is bringing the heat. I was worried it would just be the 3DS version in HD with a few extra whistles, but it's looking to be more than that.

So...is Wii U the best system companion to PC gaming? Seems like it has a decent library already, none of which can be played on a PC. Smash may just push me over the edge.

Seems like it.... Guess that's what I'm getting for Christmas. Especially since with those Bayonetta 2 review scores....

Banned
Awesome!

Amazon, you done fucked up. The ninjas are coming.
The nintendo ninjas can't even get Amazon to stock and sell the 3DS lol.
So...is Wii U the best system companion to PC gaming? Seems like it has a decent library already, none of which can be played on a PC. Smash may just push me over the edge.
See the steam OT title. I've found a trend that many PC Gaffers tend to get the Wii U to supplement their PC. Why? They either prefer nintendo IP's, they want those niche exclusives like Bayonetta, ZombiU Or TW101 or because most nintendo exclusives run at 60fps (except for zelda) which is loved by most PC gamers.

That's all speculation of course.

But the PC-Wii U- 3DS combo satisfies 90% of my gaming tastes.

There is no objectively "best companion console". That question only leads to subjective answers. If you don't care about the PS4/XBOne exclusives, then yeah. If you don't care for Nintendo exclusives, no.

If you don't own all the consoles, you're missing out on a lot of good games that will never come to PC.

Forkball

the gamepad pretty much guarantees it'll be at least a little better

Also by default it can't be any uglier.

35335_sity_inline.jpg

Eww.

Board Game mode may be Wii U's version of Adventure Mode like Smash Run is the 3DS' version. I wonder how extensive it really is though, considering we heard about Smash Run for six months straight yet know nothing about how the Board Game mode works. I bet it won't be online though.

Magwik

Banned
November is going to be an awful, awful month. I already am fighting to buy an X1, don't need a Wii U on top of that :(

Zyrox

Amazon does it again!
Board game mode huh? Sounds interesting. Also, it's nice to hear that the stage builder is back, though hopefully with some improvements.
Now, where's my Smash U direct, huh? Sakurik pls.
Pls respond.

georly

brand new board game mode

Watch this be offline only.

ibvGC1fBCsuBHr.gif

I wouldn't be surprised one bit. I actually expect it. That said, i'd likely play it 95% of the time offline personally, but I know that's not possible for everyone.

Also, to me, this disconfirms the whole tower of smash thing, at least in name. If Tower of Smash were the big Wii U mode, it would have been in this description.

Forkball

Sounds like a completely different thing to me.

I disagree. "Challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand" sound exactly like Event Mode which are just random challenges. I'm curious to see how they differ and what rewards you would get.

SerTapTap

Wonder how this works, something simple like Gunstar Hero's "board game" that's basically Adventure Mode but with you completing a random number/selection of stages, or something more complex?

Wii U or 3DS are required for Smash. Any other game series is secondary (Except perhaps Zelda, but those are on the same systems)

Happy about Stage Builder returning, but I'm still curious about a simple single player adventure mode of any sort like Melee'd even though I think that format could be improved upon.

I'm really curious as to how that board game mode will work though.

I imagine Master Hand's challenges are smartly made stages whereas Crazy Hand's challenges look like something your demented 7 year old brother made.

RetroMG

Super excited about Stage Builder being back. The one in Brawl wasn't as good as it could have been, but I still saw some pretty great stages come out of it.

Revven

Unless Stage Builder is significantly improved (allowing you to use Nintendo franchise assets and you aren't just limited to three themes as two examples of what I'd like to see) I will likely never use it. Stage Builder was a fun novelty for a little while when Brawl first came out but once you created a couple of stages you begin to realize just how limited you actually are with it. Can't even create different shapes, you were forced to use blocks and do makeshift shapes with them.

Camjo-Z

I'm excited for Stage Builder, if only because it means I can have more steel cage matches where everybody survives to ludicrous percents and bounces around the arena at the slightest touch.

The game board mode sounds pretty interesting, I wonder how they'll work it into normal Smash gameplay.

Top Bottom