• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon releases 10 new television pilots (Prime Instant Video/LOVEFiLM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing more of Bosch and Mozart of the Jungle. The After was painfully shit, couldn't believe how bad it was. What happened Chris Carter?

Adalian talking to Roy Price about Amazon heading into their second batch of shows:

- Heading Into Its Sophomore TV Season, Amazon Takes a Big Step Forward
Word leaked out yesterday that Amazon had picked up four of its five adult-geared pilots, with Variety reporting Transparent, The After, Mozart in the Jungle, and Bosch will all end up as series on Amazon Prime. Amazon isn’t yet commenting, but if true, it will mean the streaming service is dramatically increasing its roster of original series: Last year, the network ordered just two series, Alpha House and Betas. Both projects got decent reviews, but like the originals trotted out by Hulu Plus last year (The Awesomes, Quick Draw), neither generated the sort of hype and hoopla that rival Netflix drew for House of Cards and Orange Is the New Black. Things are already looking different for Amazon’s sophomore class. The pilot for Transparent proved to be transcendent for more than a few critics, while all of the other shows also had critical supporters, to one degree or another. TV industry trade The Hollywood Reporter declared that with its latest offerings, “It becomes clear that Amazon is a player.”

These hosannas don’t mean Amazon Prime is now suddenly a smashing success: The shows need to live up to the promise of their pilots, and more importantly, over the next year or two, Amazon will want to see evidence that more people are signing up for Prime (at $79 per year) in order to watch its shows. But it’s clear that Amazon’s expansion into the streaming business has taken a big step forward. Before news of the possible pickups broke, Vulture rang up Amazon Studios chief Roy Price to talk about just how much progress he thinks Prime has made, what he’s learned from the company’s first year in the TV production business, and how he plans to proceed next.

ivysaur12

Banned
TVMoJoe 41s
Amazon Boom: #Transparent is going the binge model: All 10 episodes will drop at once this fall. #TCA14

AWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIITE

EDIT:
@franklinavenue 50s
Amazon varies its rollout plans. Chris Carter's THE AFTER will come out 2 at a time. All 10 of Jill Soloway's TRANSPARENT will drop at once.

Awwwwww shiiiiiite

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Interesting. I kinda wish Amazon would stick with one release plan - all at once or 1-2 per week (or per day or whatever). I think it's going to confuse people when some of their shows get released all at once, while others are dolled out incrementally.

Still, I'm glad Transparent is going down the binge route. Smart move.

Tucah

you speak so well
Transparent is the only one I was really interested in so really glad I'm going to be able to binge that.

Are we sure new pilots are in August? If yes, then what about Mad Dogs? It was announced 1 day ago, but it's written so i think they are going to make it in time for Amazon's third pilot season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom