• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[AMAZON US] 16GB Vita memory card on sale for $20

EDIT: Looks as though Amazon has maybe sold out. The seller has switched to a 3rd party and the price has gone up to $36. Prime delivery is also unavailable.

Still, it appears Gamestop is still in on this price cut and has stock remaining. Get it while you can!

This was posted in the Vita 4th Birthday thread but I thought the discount was significant enough to warrant a thread in case people were hunting for a sale but never bothered to check that thread out.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/16GB-PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card/dp/B006JKASAC

Credit to D-VoN for the initial post!

vypek

Got the email from camelcamelcamel. Not sure if I want to bite or not since I haven't bought my Vita yet.

no fucking way the 64 gig is around $100 on Play-Asia

Dunno if it's a sale but the 64GB (JPN) card is $80 right now on PA. Still a ton of money given the space, but not as horrendous as $100.

Good lookin' out!

Good deal and I love my Vita but fuck... this should be the normal price.

Preach. Cheaper, even.

16GB.....$19.99
32GB.....$71.96

lol

Also think it could be that cheap because it's backordered. It's a great deal for this capacity, just don't necessarily bank on them arriving by Christmas.

Can you switch out memory cards at any time and still play the games on both the memory cards you have your games on?

You can use as many memory cards as you want (I'm using five different ones, at the moment) but the switch isn't completely seamless, because every time you change the card you need to do it with the Vita completely off and than the Vita needs a couple of minutes to reconstruct its database or something like that.

Also think it could be that cheap because it's backordered. It's a great deal for this capacity, just don't necessarily bank on them arriving by Christmas.

Prime has it estimated to be delivered by the 23rd. So it's definitely backordered (Prime would normally get it to me by Saturday), but if xmas is the target and you have Prime, you ought to be ok.

You can use as many memory cards as you want (I'm using five different ones, at the moment) but the switch isn't completely seamless, because every time you change the card you need to do it with the Vita completely off and that the Vita needs a couple of minutes to reconstruct its database or something like that.
Gotcha, thanks!

Thanks! Just the sale I was waiting for. I don't own many digital Vita/PSP games but it'll be nice to be able to have more than like 2 on the system at once.

Faenix1

Dang why does US get all the nice things.

Size of my Vita card is pretty much the reason I rarely use the damn thing.
Not paying $40 or a 16, or $80 for a 32 though.

JTripper

Thinking about getting this as I only have a 4GB that just fits P4G, but I'm unsure how to transfer free PS Vita games I've gotten from PS Plus over the years to a PS TV. Any tips?

Edit: Nvm. Apparently I can connect the PS TV to the PS3 to the content manager setting.

KodaRuss

Well I bit on that. Just need to get my Vita fixed now. Probably going to spend some time with playstation support tonight on it. WiFi refuses to work.

Waiting to hop on a $50 64GB

Take a seat with me bruh

3673768-7049087906-Skele.jpg

ChrisD

Dang why does US get all the nice things.

Size of my Vita card is pretty much the reason I rarely use the damn thing.
Not paying $40 or a 16, or $80 for a 32 though.

If shipping isn't too much, the memory cards are region free. Importing may be cheap enough?

I got one. I now have 3 16GB cards, which I paid a total of $55 for, an 8GB card I got for $16 and the 4GB on that came with it. I hate Vita storage with a passion.

RootCause

Yep, saw it on the vita anniversary thread. Snatched it up. I've been pretty lucky with my memory purchases.
I managed to get them without paying the suggested retail price. $50 for 32GB, and $20(each)for the two 16GB.
Now I need a second vita to keep my US account, and the other to switch between EU, and JP.

I got a 16 GB for $20 from Amazon Black Friday 2014.

I have that, an 8 GB from the Borderlands Bundle and another 8 GB from the Dualshock 3 PS TV bunch.

I'll eventually get a 64 GB. If it doesn't drop in price I probably won't pick one up for another two years.

Faenix1

If shipping isn't too much, the memory cards are region free. Importing may be cheap enough?

amazon US rarely ships to Canada, as far as my experience goes anyway. Though I haven't tried in some years so it could of changed.

EDIT: Seems the $20 price is gone? That or logging into my Canadian Amazon account gives me the Canadian price?

Top Bottom