• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Meier

Was watching the City game without sound on and still can't figure out why the winner was disallowed. Saw a number of replays and it's a total enigma.

Icolin

Banned
I never complain about referees, but holy shit is this guy atrocious. Poor Sounders.

It's unreal. And the thing is that this guy's probably going to continue to officiate games. There's never any repercussions for poor officiating, which is why it keeps on happening.

6 wins in a row, 6 points clear at the top. Ridiculous!

Edwards for rookie of the year, Ricketts for player of the week (two game-winning goals in 4 days).

zroid

Banned
Chicago 🔥🔥🔥

There is only one team in the east with a negative goal diff (NYRB). That is odd.

oops I must have been tired last night, this is totally inaccurate :lol. There are three teams --- which is still an oddly low number! Compare with the west: 7 teams.

Cystm

https://streamable.com/kp4cc

can we talk about this goal because jesus

Fucking incredible goal.

What's up with these scores? Lmao Salt Lake.

Three teams with 4 goals today.

Chicago gonna win on the fucking dive of the century

edit: LOL FUCK THIS FCKING REF

giphy.gif

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to care about DC United while Olsen and Kasper are still around. Our coaching and front office have been a joke since I started following the team seven years ago. The stadium isn't going to save the team.

Icolin

Banned
That Adi handball was unreal. How did the ref miss that, and why didn't his assistants on the sidelines inform him about it.

Literally everyone else saw it, lol.

Cystm

That shirt is rad. lol.

That Adi handball was unreal. How did the ref miss that, and why didn't his assistants on the sidelines inform him about it.

Literally, everyone else saw it. lol.

DID YOU SEE THAT!?

Wonder what the DisCo will do about it.

Chicago deserved the win with their second half play, but you can't tell me you thought the reffing was good or fair in the first.

edit: nice ATL goal, even better it means Portland should push a bit more to make this an interesting watch.

PRO reffing is basically RNG mechanics in _insert game here_

Terrible

As for the NYLA game. Where is Jersey? Watch your team feast on LA. Also, those Nueva York Kits/Shirts are so dope.

Cystm

That NYvLA match was so fucking garbage. One of the worst of the season.

giphy.gif

Now we get Eric Wynalda commentary for DALvNYC.

FUCK.

- U.S. soccer president Sunil Gulati might have a challenger in 2018 election
Sunil Gulati has run unopposed in his three campaigns for U.S. Soccer Federation president, but if he decides to seek reelection next year, he might have competition.

Steven Gans, a Boston attorney with myriad connections to the soccer community over several decades, told The Post on Monday that he has begun exploring a run for American soccer’s most powerful position.

“What I am hearing is a lot of unhappiness and people want change,” he said. “I agree that change is good, not for its own sake, but especially is this case when the leadership has some question marks about it.”

Gans, 56, said he will solicit feedback from the soccer community before deciding whether to run, but at the moment, he said he’s leaning toward launching a formal campaign.

“This is America, and it’s amazing to me that such a big position, no one has ever run against Sunil,” Gans said. “There needs to be a challenger. He hasn’t demonstrated such a great track record. I don’t think the direction at the pro and youth level is so great. There are a lot of disenchanted people out there.”

Gans faces a daunting task. Gulati, 57, has served in the upper levels of USSF leadership since 2000, won his first presidential race in 2006 and, in 2013, was elected to the executive committee of FIFA, the sport’s international governing body.

Dartastic

this triggered dartastic
Last year we had the most retroactive reds given to an opposing team across the whole league. It was like, 6 or something like that. It was infuriating. Six games we should have had a man advantage, only to see it pissed away by terrible refereeing. This one is infuriating also because Alan Kelly was RIGHT behind the play and he HAD to have seen that. It's not an issue of not seeing the play; it literally makes me think he doesn't know the rules of the game. I don't know all the rules to be fair, but I do know a scissor tackle from behind is a straight red, and I'm not a goddamn professional referee.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Last year we had the most retroactive reds given to an opposing team across the whole league. It was like, 6 or something like that. It was infuriating. Six games we should have had a man advantage, only to see it pissed away by terrible refereeing. This one is infuriating also because Alan Kelly was RIGHT behind the play and he HAD to have seen that. It's not an issue of not seeing the play; it literally makes me think he doesn't know the rules of the game. I don't know all the rules to be fair, but I do know a scissor tackle from behind is a straight red, and I'm not a goddamn professional referee.

Hopefully VAR will help with shit like this when it gets implemented.

Askani

ChildrensMercy.org said:
Meet REX: The Robot Giving Children's Mercy Patients a Field-side Seat to Sporting Kansas City

2OIbFTC.png

The atmosphere at Children's Mercy is vibrant, colorful and engaging – dedicated to letting kids be kids, even when they're in the middle of a long-term inpatient stay or a series of hospitalizations.

”We know that children in the hospital who engage in therapeutic play exhibit less emotional distress, increased cooperation and fewer negative physiological responses to hospitalization and illness," said Missy Stover, CCLS, the manager of Children's Mercy's Child Life volunteer & therapeutic programs, which work to make the hospital experience easier and more comfortable for patients and their families.

In an effort to expand these ideals outside the hospital's walls, Children's Mercy is collaborating with Sporting Kansas City to bring an exciting aspect of Child Life to Children's Mercy Park – its name is REX.

REX, a remote experience robot consisting of an iPad on a pole with a pair of self-balancing wheels, lets patients experience Major League Soccer in a way that even kids physically attending the games aren't able to.

”We've partnered with Sporting Kansas City to give the kids a unique experience. We're taking them out to the soccer game and letting them see some behind-the-scenes activities, getting them pretty close to the field, and letting them go places they wouldn't be able to go even if they had their own tickets," said John Baker, Sr. Network Analyst in the hospital's Telemedicine and Video department.

More at link: http://news.childrensmercy.org/meet...ts-a-field-side-seat-to-sporting-kansas-city/

q0YfEKt.gif

Top Bottom