• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Icolin

Banned
Thought the Caps had a chance tonight with that long midweek game by the Fire but Chicago looking to take that loss out on them.

You made a big mistake thinking that the Whitecaps could capitalize on their opponents being underpowered.

We win/draw the games we don't deserve to win/draw, and we lose the games we should win.

Dartastic

So. Uh. Valeri's goal was... sublime.

"Prior to Valeri's goal, #SportingKC hadn't trailed at home in an @MLS match since Sept. 18, 2016, a run of 875 minutes spanning 11 games."

SKC had been held to two shots on goal. Second shot was in the 12th minute. Timbers. Come on. Please. Please don't shit the bed in the second half.

Mory Dunz

My thoughts
Good
- Acosta can effin play. I had no idea he can pass like that. At the moment, his long balls look the best from our available roster. I remember him in the U-20s when he was a LB and I didn't like him much. That would've been a waste of his talents. Some of those throughballs were class.
- Dwyer played well. Had some great 1-touch layoffs
- Corona has seriously improved his close control in the past two years. I remember getting annoyed at his early appearances because he would dribble too effin much and lose the ball. One could argue he still holds the ball but this game he was tight in possession
- Mcarty can effin play. Not that we didn't know. It's nice seeing good ball control again
- I don't like Zusi, but he had a great game. He was composure personified. I'm not sure I remember him messing up.

Bad (speaking of ball control)
- I'm starting to not see a place for guys like Zardes and Morris. It's fast dwindling. We simply do not have space for people who have bad ball control and passing. It's really that simple. Guys like Nagbe, Acosta, maybe even Saeif, Corona take 2, Pulisic, have literally come out of now where and showed better ball control and passing than these two. These guys need to improve or they're out. Zardes had several bad touches and didn't make an obvious long ball around 65th minute. I was screaming. Morris was alright this match. Is anyone going to start Zardes over someone like Nagbe now? No
- Not that impressed by Rowe. He had a shot and slowed down for some reason
- Defense wasn't great on crosses, CBs in particular.

Great overall. Loved the possession and passing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
My thoughts
Good
- Acosta can effin play. I had no idea he can pass like that. At the moment, his long balls look the best from our available roster. I remember him in the U-20s when he was a LB and I didn't like him much. That would've been a waste of his talents. Some of those throughballs were class.
- Dwyer played well. Had some great 1-touch layoffs
- Corona has seriously improved his close control in the past two years. I remember getting annoyed at his early appearances because he would dribble too effin much and lose the ball. One could argue he still holds the ball but this game he was tight in possession
- Mcarty can effin play. Not that we didn't know. It's nice seeing good ball control again
- I don't like Zusi, but he had a great game. He was composure personified. I'm not sure I remember him messing up.

Bad (speaking of ball control)
- I'm starting to not see a place for guys like Zardes and Morris. It's fast dwindling. We simply do not have space for people who have bad ball control and passing. It's really that simple. Guys like Nagbe, Acosta, maybe even Saeif, Corona take 2, Pulisic, have literally come out of now where and showed better ball control and passing than these two. These guys need to improve or they're out. Zardes had several bad touches and didn't make an obvious long ball around 65th minute. I was screaming. Morris was alright this match. Is anyone going to start Zardes over someone like Nagbe now? No
- Not that impressed by Rowe. He had a shot and slowed down for some reason
- Defense wasn't great on crosses, CBs in particular.

Great overall. Loved the possession and passing.

Acosta needs to start, full stop. The only issue is where do you put him? Next to Bradley? Then you're relegating Dax to the bench as a depth option. That said, I think Bradley and Dax need to fight it out for that #6 spot. It'll be good for both of them.

Dom is going to be a good depth option, either to come on as a sub at the end or start when Jozy or Wood is injured or whatever.

Corona has improved immensely from the last time we saw him, holy crap. There's going to be a serious fight for spots in the midfield.

I think Morris would make another good super-sub. He's got speed and he's not bad on the wing. He's not good enough to start yet, but who knows how much he'll improve going forward. Right now he at least warrants a bench spot so he can be thrown into games and run at tired defenses.

Zusi remains a solid options off the bench at that spot. He's been getting a lot better at playing that defensive role lately.

All that said, out of everyone who played I think only Acosta swiped a spot on A-team. I'm interested to see if Miazga gets any playing time, pretty sure he got called up, and if he can impress. He's already shown a lot of skill and ability.

RBH

DDyRTFNW0AEYzvZ.jpg:large

Cystm

Heh, Galaxy getting rolled by RSL.

Really unfortunate bounce off the ref for San Jose
The ref was awful all night. He blew a lot of calls both ways. We'll see if SJ appeals the Bernardez red card at the end.

The only MLS team Wondo has faced and not scored on is Minnesota at this point and the Quakes have one more game against them this season. Wondo is now 16 goals behind Donovan on the all-time leading scorers list, too.

Top Bottom