• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Spectator's Worst Book of the Year: Jon Stewart's "America"

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=7720

best%20cover%20of%20the%20year.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

btw, here's a snippet from an article titled "Missing Ashcroft":

"If the White House was hoping that Gonzales might be able to burnish his image for conservatives leading up to a Supreme Court nomination, the Schiavo case tarnished it pretty badly," says a staffer for a Senator who was pushing hard for the subpoena solution. "I'll say this, every conservative up here was wishing [former Attorney General John] Ashcroft was still there."

That should tell you which way this magazine leans... :lol Obviously, Jon Stewart represents a threat to democracy and America with his satire and fakenews!

Haha, nice.

Nothing like giving an literary award for "Worst anything" when your own magazine prints Bob f'n Novak, from time to time.

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
"Though Ronald Reagan (1980-1989) was not considered Kennedyesque, many historians believe he was among our most Reaganesque commanders-in-chief" -- page 38.

"The name of Senator Joseph McCarthy (R-WI) became synonymous with an era, not unlike his colleague Representative Pleistocene (D-MN)" -- page 61.

"The one area Kerry was decidedly unKennedyesque was with the ladies. He lost his virginity his senior year only after an intense lobbying and letter-writing campaign aimed at persuading the school slut to 'grant him franking privileges'" -- page 5.

That review reminded to break out my audiobook version, it's fantastic. :lol

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Fragamemnon said:
Haha, nice.

Nothing like giving an literary award for "Worst anything" when your own magazine prints Bob f'n Novak, from time to time.

What I find most amusing is the fact that they put it on the fucking cover! Is that their number one story this month? Jesus, ifso, they're about three months late. Did it take them that long to read it?

Memles

I haven't read too much of America: The Book, sadly, but what I have read was great because of the subtle stuff. Like, for instance.

May 18, 400 BC (Or something like that) - Rome built.

It's something that, if you're skimming, you'll skip by entirely. If you read it closely...well, it's awesome.

explodet

Minotauro said:
What I find most amusing is the fact that they put it on the fucking cover! Is that their number one story this month? Jesus, ifso, they're about three months late. Did it take them that long to read it?
Naw, it's just an old article. It was published in February, according to the date.

What I want to know is who gave these Yahoos the authority to choose worst book of the year? Can't *I* choose what the worst book of the year is and let it have equal merit?

Oh, and reprintings of this book should have "Coogler Award Winner" printed on the cover like a badge of honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom