• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Americans. Your opinion?

What's your opinion? Simple.

• Ofcourse 100% true

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Yeah makes sense I guess

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reaching a bit. Pretty pessimistic.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Good point here and there but nah not really

• Nope.

• Fuck off with this BS

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Great channel Imho.

Saw this and instead of disappearing in the random YT thread I felt it could deserve it's own thread just to see how you all feel about this video's content.

It's about a couple of facets and how they may cause for a decline in intelligence, health, etc.

If not, feel free to close it mods.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Sorry, as an American, I do not possess the attention span or intelligence to watch any videos longer than 35 seconds.

Can you give me the TikTok version?

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
aint nobody got time for that GIF

As a stupid American, I can only communicate in gifs.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I mean I guess the video's title as well as my thread title fucked up what I think is a interesting video regarding, indeed, western world issues. FML

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'm not that familiar and don't get why. But ok.
Kensington Ave is basically the literal worst street in America. It’s the lowest of the low, and not at all representative of the greater America. It’s like saying all of England is like Jaywick (only worse). It’s just a bad, over-reaching example that seems to be designed to show the worst of the worst.

Dacvak

I mean I guess the video's title as well as my thread title fucked up what I think is a interesting video regarding, indeed, western world issues. FML
I’m definitely gonna check the video out later, it’s probably pretty interesting. I haven’t watched it yet, but if it’s highlighting the worst parts of America, it’s just important to remember that’s not what the whole country is like.

For example, my house is located in a nice suburb where I’ve never even once heard so much as a police siren. I’ve never had a package stolen from my porch, and I leave my doors unlocked most days.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I’m definitely gonna check the video out later, it’s probably pretty interesting. I haven’t watched it yet, but if it’s highlighting the worst parts of America, it’s just important to remember that’s not what the whole country is like.

For example, my house is located in a nice suburb where I’ve never even once heard so much as a police siren. I’ve never had a package stolen from my porch, and I leave my doors unlocked most days.

Oh i definitely am aware of that. I really am. It's about social media, fast food etc and how all (society) changed in a relative short amount of time.

Then again that goes for most western countries I reckon.

Thank for giving genuine feedback. Appreciated.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
lol, yes, Kensington Ave in Philadelphia, that's what America looks like. Turned off the video there.

Shame. You're intelligent enough to look past such hyperbolic imagery and know it's put there for a reason. It does exist, doenst it?

Using it for it's intended purpose should be frowned upon indeed. But to neglect the whole video because of it..

Then again it's your prerogative Boss man 🌟

tamago84

As a korean living in texas i think, imo, murica has become too diverse for its own good. I want to retire in s korea or something

8bitpill

I'm not that familiar and don't get why. But ok.
It's one of the worst places in Philadephia to go, if not the whole northern east coast.
https://www.instagram.com/kensingtonbeach215/

I grew up in Philadelphia, even as a pre teen you knew that was a bad area.

If the video is using that as a quick example of the decline of western civilization, they're just picking low hanging fruit.

As for the decline of intelligence or low I.Q. there is a factor to take into consideration. We're the third largest population in the world. Statistically there will be room for lower intelligence.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's one of the worst places in Philadephia to go, if not the whole northern east coast.

If the video is using that as a quick example of the decline of western civilization, they're just picking low hanging fruit.

As for the decline of intelligence or low I.Q. there is a factor to take into consideration. We're the third largest population in the world. Statistically there will be room for lower intelligence.

Great post. And again I'm sure it goes for other countries as well. Thanks for being objective and informative.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Not sure if you've seen this doc, but Channel 5 is one of the best independent journalists out there right now. He spent some time in Philly growing up and he goes into he history of how kennsington came to be. He does a good job humanizing the people. The Vegas tunnels doc is a great follow up if you like this

Mistake

It's a whole bunch of factors, honestly. The western world has been in decline for a while. I'd say the biggest reasons are diet, pharmaceutical industries, and the push for no accountability. Like pigs being led to slaughter. You'll see tons of commercials for all sorts of problems, but not one saying the benefits of exercise or drinking more water.

A lot of other nations have been improving though, so maybe things are just evening out
ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's a whole bunch of factors, honestly. The western world has been in decline for a while. I'd say the biggest reasons are diet, pharmaceutical industries, and the push for no accountability. Like pigs being led to slaughter. You'll see tons of commercials for all sorts of problems, but not one saying the benefits of exercise or drinking more water.

A lot of other nations have been improving though, so maybe things are just evening out
ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ

Oh wait a normal response.

AJUMP23

ʅ(◞‿◟)ʃ
Can't trust a Mistake..... Mistake Mistake

Dr.Morris79

I'll watch the video in a bit, but Americans? Fucking love em. I want to be there, buy a V8, guns, lots and lots of guns and eat massive steaks. I'm a simple man.

I don't care if they're considered stupid, I'm stupid. Let me in! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
His point's if you watch more than 20 seconds can be extrapolated to many other countries. I'm done with this thread.

Top Bottom