• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs coming Fall 2012 by the developers of Dear Esther?

sam27368

Banned
Final update (I think) - So the ARG is over http://tinyurl.com/frictional64 now says

TO: THEWORLD@NEXTFRICTIONALGAME.COM
CC: TCR@NEXTFRICTIONALGAME.COM
BCC: FG@NEXTFRICTIONALGAME.COM

SUBJECT: AMNESIA

A MACHINE FOR PIGS COMING FALL TWO THOUSAND TWELVE.

Notice the CC email is TCR - which is widely believed to be The Chinese Room - http://thechineseroom.co.uk/?page_id=53 is the site widely believed to be the next Amnesia

Final Concept Artworks

428031.jpg

428030.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Don't feel like doing anything with the ARG, but anything these guys make.. I'm playing.

Amnesia was such a fantastic experience.

Dear god... This is amazing.. But what about Frictional? Outsource development? Concentrate on design/pre production? Merging of teams? How Fucking awesome whatever it is.

I haven't played Dear Esther yet. I hear it's great, so I'm not too worried, but since I haven't experienced their work firsthand I must admit I do hope they're worthy of the IP.

Amnesia was truly something special. I couldn't take it if the sequel wasn't just as utterly brilliant.

Dear Esther was fairly high on my priority list, but it's got quite a bump up now.

KAOz

Short bus special
Dear god... This is amazing.. But what about Frictional? Outsource development? Concentrate on design/pre production? Merging of teams? How Fucking awesome whatever it is.

They are probably working on their on project, as they've said their next game won't be horror.

So, we can probably expect a whole new game from Frictional.

legacyzero

Banned
Finished Amnesia this morning. Truly an awesome and terrifying game.

Certainly sequel worthy.

EDIT: oh, and somebody sell me Dear Esther. I have no idea what it is.

Saty

Joystiq confirms thechieneseroom is the developer:
Speaking exclusively with Joystiq, Frictional Games and Dear Esther's thechineseroom have revealed their latest project, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

"It's not a direct sequel, in terms of it doesn't follow on from the story of Amnesia. It doesn't involve the same characters," Dear Esther writer Dan Pinchbeck told me. Instead, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs will be set in the same "alternate history and set in the same universe." In short, the game will look to scare your pants off.

Set in 1899, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs follows the "wealthy industrialist" Oswald Mandus, who has returned home from "a disastrous expedition to Mexico, which has ended in tragedy." Struck by a destructive fever, Mandus is haunted by dreams of a dark machine until he mysteriously regains consciousness. Months have passed, unbeknownst to the industry tycoon, and as he emerges from his slumber the roaring engine of a mysterious machine sputters to life.

A detailed interview with Frictional Games designer Thomas Grip and thechineseroom's Dan Pinchbeck is coming later today, delving deeper into the darkness with Amnesia's next chapter. And yes, the two discuss what A Machine for Pigs means.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/22/amnesia-a-machine-for-pigs/

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Thanks for posting, that's some good stuff.

Both designers admit that publishers, both small and large, have attempted to woo them. Some offered to finance Frictional's next title. Grip outlines one pitch to bring Amnesia: The Dark Descent to Xbox Live Arcade, but admits the team wouldn't have the "time or willpower" to get it right on console.

Stay strong, brothers.

Top Bottom