• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'And I'm out...' moments in gaming.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Huh then I have no idea what made me go nope, I recall a Leia/Tarkin cutscene that pissed me off and I could have swore it was about the Death Satr plans but like I said the game was boring me silly by that point and the plot was just so goddamn bad

Leia does have a scene with an Imperial Officer, but IIRC it was on Kashyyk and I don't think Tarkin was even in the game. At the end, Starkiller is credited with bringing the Rebel Alliance together for the first time, so maybe that is what it was.

TheMan

This is why i don't play resi games..

Had to quit Farpoint cause of spiders that jump I your face. I got so heated that the developers put that shit in the game, I had been so excited to play it. Ended up selling it shortly afterwards. Still salty.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Had to quit Farpoint cause of spiders that jump I your face. I got so heated that the developers put that shit in the game, I had been so excited to play it. Ended up selling it shortly afterwards. Still salty.

You should play Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Yea it's such a lazy go-to way of scaring people.

angelic

Banned
So you didn't even try it? Saying The Witness is just line puzzles is completely missing the point of the game. The line is just your method of input, there are a bunch of different concepts behind those lines.

The game is much more than a bunch of line puzzles in all fairness. You should give it a go!

You are both probably right, just that initial premise really, really put me off. I will try it when the backlog is cleared.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
"Fuck you, got mine".

That's... quite the take you got there, considering my problem isn't that he struggled with the game (I frequently offer help to such players in the OT and elsewhere) but the whole notion that "grown adults can't possibly win at this game" which frankly is nonsense that needs to die already.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I absolutely love "tough-but-fair" games. Souls, Bloodborne, Super Meat Boy. Love'em. But I just had one of these with Cuphead. The game is absolutely breath-taking. It's visually gorgeous, completely nails the aesthetics of the era it's emulating and the sound design is superb.

I just don't like playing it. Its mechanics really didn't click with me at all. I don't like how Cuphead "feels", how the parry works, anything. I managed to beat the second or third boss, the pair of frogs, by sheer luck after like 15 attempts. The only "discs" that I could manage to get past were the ones with the snakes. The other two killed me without failure. Then I went to the blue blob boss...

Nah. I just don't have space for this kind of stress in my life these days. Great game, at least artistically, but it's definitely not for me. I can't fathom the idea of having to go through all the bosses in the game.

GTA V

The mission you have to fly a plane into another plane, I was getting really tired of the game and it's shitty characters, having to deal with the flight controls for that long ass mission was the breaking point.

Rellik

Rented battleborne, popped it in, long ass unskippable cutscene, popped it out and returned it.

Basically me on Resident Evil 6 but replace cutscene with slow moving walk through a linear corridor and a million button prompts. I got to the door, removed it from Steam and never went back.

MLB The Show 09 is the only game I've ever sold right after buying. I gave it a solid 2 weeks, and for whatever reason, I couldn't win a game at all. I played and played and played. I was so determined, but I was losing every game by like 20 runs. I ended up selling it at a $40 loss.

Years later, I'd play The Show 16 like Whitney played Snort the Cocaine.

Wood Man

MGS5 - I was doing some infiltration mission. I wanted to be all stealthy so I scoped the place out and snuck up to the building. I took out all the enemies without being seen and was doing very well. So I'm about an hour into the mission only for it to get ruined by one fucking guard I missed. The army comes in and I have to start from square one. I quit and never picked up the game again.

RangerX

Banned
MGS V.
I played super carefully, always stealthing every base, stealing everything, developing weapons, getting all my soldiers to S+++ or whatever is the best rank available, saving my PP and never deploying with more than a silenced tranq gun, etc. By then I've play about 100 hours, and I get to a mission where there are long nonsensical exposition and cutscenes, I fight some giant metal gear, more long ass cutscenes and I said to myself, "finally beat this long ass game". Then screen fades to black and.... "END OF CHAPTER 1".
I quit and uninstalled it.

Are you mad? Thats one of the greatest parts of the game!

Yeah, nier automata has quite the fucking difficulty spike in chapter 3. Didn't put it down, but man so msny parts after that ground my ass into dust.

Furyous

The Tomb Raider on PS3 where the first board has sharks in the water.

I toy with weapons and then shoot some into the water for fun. Only I see a health bar... then I cut off the game, go online, and sure enough there are sharks in the water.

I NOPED out of the game so fast and got my money back.

I'm playing Nioh and while the game is fun these monsters are too damn scary only problem is I went straight digital and Sony doesn't do refunds.

GTA V PS4 around the time the stock market glitch came out was good but then they abandoned single player DLC plans allegedly. I still play the game from time to enjoying life in game as I live the millionaire life avoiding negativity and being a great citizen.

Autofokus

The Evil Within

Standing in front of a bale of hay with a lit torch in my hand, getting the button prompt to set it on fire. Fucking Sebastian drops the torch and uses my last match. 😑

Mael

Metroid : Other M

Finished the turd on a disc,
started a save in Hard,
got to the boss with the tail,
I was forever done with that shit

I thought I was out of Dark Souls 2 on ps4 after the boring castle level, turns out the game is actually really surprisingly fun!

Mario 3D World, I think when I reached the last level before the champion's road I didn't feel like going through the whole thing to get everything.
I don't know if I 'll ever touch it again.

Divinity: OS. I can't understand how to play it. I stopped after the first try. Now that the 2nd one is here, I wanna try it again and be patient with it.

sibarraz

Banned
When I was a kid I always read a Nintendo magazine. For 2-3 issues they were talking about jet force gemini, which on paper, looked like an incredible cool game, but for ABC reasons I could never play it. I must add, I hate with a passion colectathon games, so rare wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but I still liked some games from them, so this wasn't a factor on my excitement about this game, since while reading the magazine, I always thought that the game mostly had shooting sequences.

Anyway, fast forward to last year, when I bought an Xbox One which came with Rare Collection. I was excited to finally play this game. 2 minutes into it, the game tells that I have to collect some shit that I don't even want to remember right now.

The game that I dreamed in my youth died in 2 minutes

Top Bottom