• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Deeku

Craaaaap, I think I need to re-start my game:(

Good thing I haven't done that much and it's only been 3 days, but still....arrrrgh I'm such an idiot!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
You can ask for no BGM.

Actually you have to jam the A button then he will stop singing and take you to the island or back instantly.
I wanted to skip everything totally not turn off BGM, thankfully that solution works, since that shit got old after the first time. lol

ARGH I just found out changing the look of your home takes up a day, which replaces the slot allocated for expanding the home. My path to glory has been delayed! D:::: Guess that gives me time to build up cash faster for one shotting the left or right expansion tomorrow. Can focus on a new item for the city a bit easier tonight at least.

Someone visited the camp site today so that was pretty cool. :D

Robin64

Simple question, but is the basement fully customisable this time? I remember the Gamecube one, you had to stick with the floor and wall it came with.

Silly question - is 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf' the new name for Animal Crossing 3DS? Or is it some kind of spin-off?

Yep, that's its name now.

Mik2121

The nijiiro is something new will add that. Did not see that one yet. Good catch! The zoukabuto I got up there. :D

Ah thanks! And sorry, didn't notice the zoukabuto.

Also holy shit, going around the perimeter of the island with a net and the fishing rod = millionaire soon lol

Parakeetman

Ah thanks! And sorry, didn't notice the zoukabuto.

Also holy shit, going around the perimeter of the island with a net and the fishing rod = millionaire soon lol

Yeah that seems to be the method a lot of folks are using reading various message boards. It just takes a bit of time thats all lol

Parakeetman

Man the island is kinda bad, since I wind up staying here instead of my village. As its just not efficient to make money in the town in comparison to out here. D:

Robin64

I hope there's a gravestone item in the game. I want to make my basement an old burial ground, something spooky.

Parakeetman

I hope there's a gravestone item in the game. I want to make my basement an old burial ground, something spooky.

I have a floor replacement that makes it all
sand
seeing how theres
christmas stuff I got another players house decked out with all christmas crap
Im guessing there should be
Halloween
stuff in game?

Parakeetman

Another Island insect;

- Biwahagokomo - 1800 bells

Nice! Yeah I got that one on my paper list still need to update a bunch of stuff from it to here. Am currently gathering medals to buy crap from the old lady on the island. lol Just collected a bunch of coconuts too. Bananas seem to be rare. Since its mostly coconuts appearing for me. D: Thankfully I got some though. Will plant them all on my beach.

Fruit Trading:

Code:
User:          りんご  ナシ  さくらんぼ  オレンジ  モモ  ヤシナシ バナナ カキ   ドリアン マンゴー レモン  アブカド ライチ  ココナツ

Apricot          X     X     N        X      X       X    X     X        X     X      X    X     X      X 
CommanderDeek    N     X     X        X      X       X    x     X        X     X      X    X     X      X
 Fren            X     N     O        X      O       O    X     X        I     X      O    X     O      O      
 Mik2121         N     X     O        O      O       X    O     X        O     O      O    X     O      X   
 Lord Ghirahim   O     N     O        O      O       I    O     O        I     I      I    X     ?      X 
 Parakeetman     ?     O     O        ?      N       O    ?     O        O     O      O    ?     X      X 
 PushDustIn      X     O     O        N      O       O    X     I        O     O      I    X     X      X 
 StayDead        O     ?     N        O      O       X    I     X        I     X      X    X     X      X 
 StreetsAhead    N     ?     ?        O      O       ?    ?     ?        ?     ?      ?    ?     X      X
N= Native
I = Island
O= Own
X = Doesn't own
? = Not sure

This should be up to date. Let me know if I have anything wrong!

Parakeetman

Really? I got no Coconuts yet, yet I have a TON of bananas, lol... Wanna exchange a few? 4 or so...

Yeah hang on Ill head back to town now. Just finished a tour.

--

PushDustIn I think the only fruit I dont have planted now would be Avocados, Kaki and Nashi. Everything else I should have at least 1 tree grown / growing. Thanks for keeping that list updated!

Deeku

So I've started a new town since changing the time forward 1 month just screws the whole town up. But hey, the tanuki store in my new town has fortune cookies with the tickets some of you talked about:D (my previous town only had candy there). Plus I like my new town layout better so all's good!

Oh and pushdustin: my native is now リンゴ. Thanks:)

Parakeetman

So I've started a new town since changing the time forward 1 month just screws the whole town up. But hey, the tanuki store in my new town has fortune cookies with the tickets some of you talked about:D (my previous town only had candy there). Plus I like my new town layout better so all's good!

Oh and pushdustin: my native is now リンゴ. Thanks:)

If you need some new tools I got a spare shovel and net.

Edit - Parakeet, gotcha!

Thanks for the trade! Gonna update the list from the paper one now before I forget and do something else lol

Mik2121

If you need some new tools I got a spare shovel and net.

Thanks for the trade! Gonna update the list from the paper one now before I forget and do something else lol

Thank you for the trade!!

Ghirahim, for some reason my connection died and it gave me an error. Now my WiFi antena won't connect.. I'm fixing it now so if I can get it to work soon I'll let you know here!

Parakeetman

Luckily started with rod and shovel, so I should be good. Thanks:)

And whoooooa, I just broke a rock and got a sapphire:O I hope that rock comes back lol

Cool you were one of the lucky ones then. A lot of us started with the net and shovel constantly day after day after day.

Yeah the rocks seem to come back.

I wonder if there is a limit on world items such as trees flowers etc. Since am going crazy planting stuff. Palm trees everywhere on the beach lol

john tv

Kinda regretting that I bought the package version instead of the download version. Does anyone know if they share the same save data? In other words, if I get the DL version, am I going to have to start over?

Parakeetman

Kinda regretting that I bought the package version instead of the download version. Does anyone know if they share the same save data? In other words, if I get the DL version, am I going to have to start over?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/egdj/qa/index.html#q0503

John 2nd question in the link. The answer while not direct to your question, it states that the DL and card version have separate save files. So we can guess that means you cant hop from one onto the other.

Insaniac

I would assume you'd have to start over... isn't save data on the cartridge?

can anyone take screenshots of the museum and stuff? I'm curious about that, loved the collecting in WW.

Also how many patterns can you have in this game? I assume it'd be a lot considering how much more use patterns have in this game now

JosiahB

Maybe the save transfer tool Nintendo is creating for the old retail titles that were added to the eShop will work with this too? Of course that's not coming until spring, so it wont fix your issue in the short-term.

StayDead

Some pictures for the past few days.

DFHg4.jpg

Heroin suit and hero helmet.

8skG5.jpg

This bird washed up on my beach yesterday and needed to find out where he came from by asking me a question (he mentioned a lion, giraffe, rhino and ostrich as his fellow villagers), gave it to him and he went off on his merry way. Recieved a present from him today.

7YfNg.jpg

Built a bench yesterday! :D

0LDfB.jpg

Opening ceremony

1P4KD.jpg

adding on a lamppost nearby to start my park area up the top end of my town.

JNRdP.jpg

Finished the T-Rex skeleton and found the mystery villagers that I'd lost. I had to find 3 yesterday but couldn't find them anywhere, turns out they enter the museum now! :D

Zb2t6.jpg

This guy moved in yesterday, not seem his completed house.

KZaLH.jpg

Shark swimming in the museum.

EVH

8skG5.jpg

This bird washed up on my beach yesterday and needed to find out where he came from by asking me a question (he mentioned a lion, giraffe, rhino and ostrich as his fellow villagers), gave it to him and he went off on his merry way. Recieved a present from him today.

Isn't that a Madagascar reference? Somebody in Nintendo loves that movie, because there was another one in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

john tv

Maybe the save transfer tool Nintendo is creating for the old retail titles that were added to the eShop will work with this too? Of course that's not coming until spring, so it wont fix your issue in the short-term.
I hadn't heard about this - know of any links to more info?

Thanks for the help, guys!

Fren

Neo Member
Kaizoh finally woke up today. I got him to recolor a chair for me.

Before
6GK3q.jpg

After
AsJjO.jpg

I only had two color choices for this chair, but I was given about six or so for a different one I took to him.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I bought turnips today for 106, poor decision on reflection. And カブ/株 blew my mind lol.

This game really does have some of the most clever writing I've seen in a game.

Localizing this would be so much fun (and challenging at the same time).

MicH

Sorry for asking this stupid question (and for interrupting, I don't have the game), but I just saw that 20 GC villagers returned. Does anyone know if Cheri made it? She's a red bear. I was so sad she was cut after the GC version and have missed her since :( Thanks in advance :)

Can I come over? Am I on your friends list? :eek:

I'm afraid you're just a bit too late, shop's closed for the night. :(
And you are on my list. (My code's 1203-9402-8938.)

I've been getting into the habit of opening my gates when posting about stuff going on in my town, so feel free to pop in if it's open.

I've been thinking about getting this game since I rarely touch my 3DS (only got it for KH3D) and it looks quite fun.

Just bought a new SD card, but I've been debating whether to get the digital or physical copy. I usually prefer physical but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Should I wait for a restock or just go for digital?

Also, how does online play work in this game? Or 3DS for that matter.

StayDead

I've been thinking about getting this game since I rarely touch my 3DS (only got it for KH3D) and it looks quite fun.

Just bought a new SD card, but I've been debating whether to get the digital or physical copy. I usually prefer physical but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Should I wait for a restock or just go for digital?

Also, how does online play work in this game? Or 3DS for that matter.

First of all I love your avatar. Dog Days <3333

Secondly, digital IMO is much more convinient for this game, being able to hop in/hop out wherever you are without a cart is lovely.

Thirdly, the online play works much like wild world, but without all the stupid limits. 4 players at a time, everyone can enter the same building and do anything you can in single player, just together. So rather than all the villagers hiding, they all come out and play and you can celebrate the events and stuff together.

It uses your 3DS system code, but once you're in the same town you can add each other as a best friend, after that you can chat with each other whenever you're both online no matter what village you're in.

Deeku

This game really does have some of the most clever writing I've seen in a game.

Localizing this would be so much fun (and challenging at the same time).
Yeah, I'm loving all the little puns/jokes after you catch a bug/fish, and a lot of the villager names are puns too! From memory, the localised versions do capture the spirit of everything, but it's just not the same. Really enjoying playing the game in japanese!

Edit: also my first ticket prize:
S.S Dolphin (spaceship from pikmin) :O

StayDead

Even blathers name is a sort of pun, (&#12501;&#12540;&#12479;) since it's the sound effect he makes when he's waking upn suddenly.

Top Bottom