• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvaz

Banned
Nook's store is upgrading :(

I'm all out of a store till tomorrow...does anyone have an open store where I can buy a fortune cookie from?

Well, I tried the flower trick and that got my approval rating from 87 to 90 after a half hour's work. I'm gonna make myself bored of this game very quickly if I keep trying to fight the design. Seeya tomorrow I guess, town.

Not 100% sure, but I believe setting a town song and a new flag also helps.

Dug

Banned
I've seen a Mario hat, a Luigi hat, and a Wario hat. There has to be a Waluigi hat in this game...

...right?

So as a guy with an American 3DS I can confirm living here in Japan that a lot of the Japanese DLC-only items (and at least one of the Best Buy items!) are actually repurchasable from anyone's house you StreetPass in the HH Showcase if you find them in a house with your US game. (some exclusive items are still listed as not for sale, I anticipate any items save for the 7-11 stuff, which might be unavailable for some other reason, will be used as holiday/giveaway items in the US version later on)

My success with the following items, only what I have encountered and personally bought in other homes so far, throughout my HH Showcase travels, using http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content/Japan as a guide:

Tanuki wall clock (also Best Buy DLC) - purchasable
7-11 ABD and store model (changed name to 24 hour shop ABD and model) - not for sale
Other 7-11 items - haven't seen
Campus (stationary) items - haven't seen yet, perhaps purchasable?
Turkey dinner - not for sale (probably will be distributed as Thanksgiving DLC)
Festive stump - purchasable
Yule log - not for sale (probably will be distributed as Christmas DLC)
Sunrise of the New Year lamp - haven't seen in a house yet, would imagine purchasable
Kagamimochi - purchasable
Aurora screen - purchasable
Futaba table - purchasable
Sakura clock - purchasable
Golden clock - not for sale
Leaf bed - haven't seen it yet, would imagine purchasable
Table top (Korea) - haven't seen it yet
Massage Chair (Korea) - purchasable

Certain other seasonal items like toshikoshi soba (New Year's soba) and red ogre mask (setsubun) is not for sale, but I think can be acquired if you visit a Japanese player's town during the appropriate festival to get it
Wow, I didn't know that. I could finally get the CAMPUS items, which I missed before. Thanks for the heads up, mate!

Gvaz

Banned
I wonder...

Someone try to change their date to the date that those dlc's come out, and use the bestbuy ssid. See if you get them?

gerudoman

Anyone willing to exchange his paintings or works of art (not fake, obviously) for some Nintendo items such as an Arwing, Toad and blue Pikmin hats or a 1UP mushroom?

Rekubot

Turnip prices are steadily decreasing this week, currently at 71 bells :(. Am I right in thinking I should wait till Thursday morning to sell up just in case the price starts rising?

Chopper

So is my Beautiful ordnance gonna delay my gardening shop? I just thought, if there are no weeds to pull, I've mugged myself off. :/

ramyeon

BNCiRbrCMAAGIAS.jpg:large

This is what I came out with after about an hour and a half catching bugs on the island. Damn.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So is my Beautiful ordnance gonna delay my gardening shop? I just thought, if there are no weeds to pull, I've mugged myself off. :/

Don't see why it should. I put forward the BT ordinance and my gardening shop in under construction today.

What! I got nothing on Father's Day. Just a post on my Message Board. Damn you Animal Crossing. Maybe it just knows that I don't have a dad...

NSA giving out too much information.

I got nothing. :<

To be completely honest, I think I actually received it on the 17th, the day after the message was posted to the bulletin board.

It reads
Dear sweet Dan,
How ya doing? Made any friends? Eating enough?

Your mom is worrying about you!

-Dad

Robin64

Huh. So other places are getting confirmation of where to get the DLC.

What about the UK? Any word yet, before the racoon clock is finished?

(It's going to be Game, isn't it)

llehuty

Ahhh, I dont know what to do. I can get AC for &#8364;31,50 and then get Luigis Mansion 2 as a download for free, or get Luigi for &#8364;45 and get AC as a free download. Its a pretty big price difference but AC is the perfect game to have as a download ; (

Had the same problem. In the end I bougt Castelvania for 30&#8364; :D

And BTW, Don't know how are your trends at turnips prices but:

Yesterday Noon Re-Tail: 129 bells
Today Noon Re-Tail: 171 bells

On Sunday, all the Targets were sold out in Chicago. My wife and I are on a little road trip and she wants to play the game while im driving. Yesterday, we went to a GameStop in Madison and it was sold out. Later that night we went to a Target where it was sold out in 4/5 area stores and they 'might' have a copy in a store 20 mi away. We're on our way to Duluth on Lake Superior; hopefully, our luck will turn!

Is the game selling well or was there a limited production run like Fire Emblem?

Had the same problem. In the end I bougt Castelvania for 30€ :D

And BTW, Don't know how is your trends at turnips prices but.

Yesterday Noon Re-Tail: 129 bells
Today Noon Re-Tail: 171 bells

Damn, might have to visit your town to unload my turnips.
My price yesterday was 90 bells, and today it's 84 =(

Kyonashi

So my girlfriend has picked up the game and it looks great. As a person who put like 30 mins into Wild World before deciding I didn't really like it, I'm itching to give the series another shot with New Leaf. I've got two Club Nintendo codes for Fire Emblem and my gf's copy of AC, and with a third I can get a downloadable copy of AC from the So Many Games promo for free.

Any EU GAFers feeling kind enough to send me their code if they're not intending on doing the promo? A student who spent his cash on The Last of Us this month instead would be very grateful... :p (Also maybe we could work something Steam-related out)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You need to do any of the gardening related things 30 times so any combination of pulling weeds, watering flowers, planting trees/flowers will unlock it.

I was about to say, pretty certain I haven't pulled up 30 weeds. But I've done a lot of watering.

So my girlfriend has picked up the game and it looks great. As a person who put like 30 mins into Wild World before deciding I didn't really like it, I'm itching to give the series another shot with New Leaf. I've got two Club Nintendo codes for Fire Emblem and my gf's copy of AC, and with a third I can get a downloadable copy of AC from the So Many Games promo for free.

Any EU GAFers feeling kind enough to send me their code if they're not intending on doing the promo? A student who spent his cash on The Last of Us this month instead would be very grateful... :p (Also maybe we could work something Steam-related out)

You can't do duplicate codes, I've tried :( You can have; a downloadable copy and a physical copy registered, but not two physicals.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
On Sunday, all the Targets were sold out in Chicago. My wife and I are on a little road trip and she wants to play the game while im driving. Yesterday, we went to a GameStop in Madison and it was sold out. Later that night we went to a Target where it was sold out in 4/5 area stores and they 'might' have a copy in a store 20 mi away. We're on our way to Duluth on Lake Superior; hopefully, our luck will turn!

Is the game selling well or was there a limited production run like Fire Emblem?

It's selling super well.

Razorskin

----- ------

It did 200K+ sales in the first 5 days.

gerudoman

You can't do duplicate codes, I've tried :( You can have; a downloadable copy and a physical copy registered, but not two physicals.

That's strange. At least in the spanish CN you can register two copies of the same game and qualify for the promotion, it doesn't matter if they're both physical or digital.

Why not just buy on the eshop then?

Kyonashi

Ah :(

Well if anyone has an unused Club Nintendo code (only in UK/Europe I think) for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS Version), Castlevania: Lords of Shadow &#8211; Mirror of Fate, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, I'd be super thankful. I'm itching to play. :(

EDIT: Got one. :)

RawNuts

I didn't realize that any lucky tickets could actually be losing tickets; I got #38 and didn't get any game-themed prize for it, but Timmy was a bro and gave me a consolation prize at least.

I didn't realize that any lucky tickets could actually be losing tickets; I got #38 and didn't get any game-themed prize for it, but Timmy was a bro and gave me a consolation prize at least.

Really? lol I got one that wasn't a prize and he just took the ticket and stared at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom