• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anita Sarkeesian's astounding 'garbage human' moment at Vidcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
it really *is* like a hydra

5qqI5of.gif

They're everywhere.

C4Lukins

All I have to say, is this still a thing? It obviously is, because we are still talking about it. But what is wrong with you all that is still a discussion?

KillLaCam

Banned
Lol had the same thought

This was necessary.
What? Was that somehow offensive?

Mentioning that she annoys me but those other guys are actually bad. I mentioned that to say that even someone who might agree with 1 very specific thing that these guys don't like a about , can see that they're way too out of line. It was relevant

Hopefully someone can tell me why I shouldn't have mentioned it, this is on the gaming side too.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
What? Was that somehow offensive?

Mentioning that she annoys me but those other guys are actually bad. I mentioned that to say that even someone who might agree with 1 very specific thing that these guys don't like a about , can see that they're way too out of line. It was relevant

Hopefully someone can tell me why I shouldn't have mentioned it.

It's a thread about someone receiving continued hateful harassment. It's not clear why you think it's relevant that she annoys you unless you think that somehow justifies the harassment of her.

Ponn

Banned
Here's a video of what happened, and its not posted by any of the hecklers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMnWmW6jrk

edit: Anita first addresses the harassers in the front row at around 7:20

Hmmm...that looked like a lot more than 10 to 15 people at their panel in the audience. And looked like a lot less than the first 3 rows of no-lifes holding up phones recording. Sounds and looks like some harassers were embellishing their accomplishments a tad bit.

Spman2099

This was necessary.

I think he was probably just trying to express the fact that there is a difference between what she does, which he subjectively doesn't like, and what these harassers are doing, which is objectively disgusting.

When all is said and done, I hope that is a message most people could get behind. You don't have to agree with Anita to hate what happened here. What she has said in the past, and what she was saying here, is irrelevant. Harassment isn't acceptable.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
If the thread is just going to be people wandering in, yelling "she deserved it", getting banned, and then a bunch of other people quoting to gloat, then there's no discussion to be had.

KillLaCam

Banned
It's a thread about someone receiving continued hateful harassment. It's not clear why you think it's relevant that she annoys you unless you think that somehow justifies the harassment of her.
I clearly said that those guys were way out of hand though? I thought me mentioning that she also annoys me would back up that you can be annoyed by someone and not harass them?

Kinda like "I don't like blah blah, but attacking blah blah isnt magically ok If they also annoy you" .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom