• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Announced Outlast: Whistleblower (DLC)

kulapik

Jump from a wheelchair if old.

Just in time for Halloween, Red Barrels has announced Outlast: Whistleblower, the first DLC for Outlast. Whistleblower will tell a prequel story and includes new maps, plus a chance to see “the cruel experiments that led to the events in the original game.”

Whistleblower will once again take place in Mount Massive Asylum and, according to Red Barrels, “as the whistleblower whose anonymous tip brought original protagonist Miles Upshur to Mount Massive on one fateful night, you'll encounter the experiments and abuse (conducted in the name of science, of course) that led to the asylum's downfall.”

In addition to new maps and characters, Whistleblower will offer more insight into the “dark history” of the Murkoff Corporation. Players will also “explore the asylum minutes before the slaughter, then experience the outbreak firsthand. If you can survive, you'll find new environments and meet terrifying new characters in another quest to uncover truths which were never meant to be revealed.”

No specific release date has been revealed, but look out for more info in the weeks to come.

outlastwhistleblowertitleartjpg-e95f83-610x457.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/31/outlast-whistleblower-dlc-announced

Can't wait for PewDiePie to play it! It's gonna be so EPIC! BROFIST!

Kill me

If the internet were a place, that idiot's Outlast video would've had me burning Youtube to the ground, with him ideally trapped inside.

If someone can make it through his entire playthrough of that game, they are clearly too hardass for the survival horror genre, as they are immune to fear.

Zomba13

I don't mind PewDiePie's videos...

...there, I said it.

Same. He's annoying in a lot of them, mainly when he turns to a barrel or a chair or some shit and then starts shouting at it. Other than that It's not too bad. Plays a good amount of indie horror stuff and give them good exposure so at least for that he's not bad. He's the most subscribed on youtube or something right? That's great publicity for indie devs and mod makers whose games he plays.

diamount

Banned
I am ashamed of myself for watching it but don't feel bad. I watch him mostly for his reactions and not because I like him.

His acting is pretty atrocious. Anyway, I found Outlast blew it's load too early with it's scares then it became a predictable chore.

1. Baddie patrolling area
2. You run into a door, Baddie unable to open door normally and so gives you time to hide in a locker.
3. Baddie only looks in one locker and leaves.

Bought this on Halloween and played it with a friend... noped so hard. No kidding, I think the game might legitimately 2 spooky 4 me. There were moments I forgot how to use my controller, and could only stare in abject terror as I was beaten to death. All of this while my friend screeched unintelligible gibberish and shook uncontrollably. Ugh.

Going to give it another go next weekend.

Top Bottom