• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 2.1 will add 19 Metro Station, among other cut features

Draugoth

Gold Member
cyberpunk-2077-update-2-1-announced-for-next-week-v0-6vb-RT8k6PfpYl_OO1CqFYXaaGQ5i5T4vi_4Hvp_Wz4.jpg

Revealed during a Twitch stream, Cyberpunk 2077 producer Monika Janowska and quest director Paweł Sasko, alongside senior community managers Amelia Kołat and Alicja Kozera, announced that the patch will include the long requested metro system.

The original trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 featured the metro system, alongside the Phantom Liberty cinematic trailer, so CD Projekt Red decided to finally add it, Sasko said. Players can travel between 19 metro stations which can be used as either a fast travel point or a proper metro ride experience (that can be skipped at any time).

There are five metro lines operating in Night City which can be found on their own map. The metro system will only be accessible after the Konpeki Plaza sequence in the game, when players will receive a call from the metro director.

CD Projekt Red also announced boss fight improvements coming to the base Cyberpunk 2077, including of Adam Smasher. This baddie has been at the centre of fan complaints for years as players compared his abilities in the Cyberpunk: Edgerunners anime with those in the game. The fight, which is meant to be among the most intense in the game, became a meme, with players finding ways to cheese Smasher and destroy him easily.

From the other thread; here are all the additions and changes coming with patch 2.1:
  • Metro System - Unlocks once the player receives a call. Player can sit the whole ride or skip/fast travel
  • Radioport - An item the player owns to listen to radio outside of car. Turns off automatically when the quest music kicks in
  • Boss Fight Improvements - Specifically Adam Smasher (looked super cool on the stream)
  • Replayable Races - After you complete the Claire race quests, you will be contacted for 4 more races. Able to win an auto fixer prize
  • 5 New Motorcycles - Appearances from existing brands in game
  • New Porsche - Samurai Johnny Design
  • More Motorcycle Combat - Flips, wheelies, use of throwing knives
  • Car Chases - During quests, after killing gang members they will hunt you down in cars and chase you. -Car Chase Gigs - Gang members will hunt player down during car theft missions
  • New HUD Options - Visual effects, enlarging, disable time in minigame, etc
  • Hang out with Romance Characters
  • Full Dualsense support on PC
  • More cats
Draugoth Draugoth Feel free to add my post to your OP.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Good. The game seems to be coming out of early access finally

Joke is getting old at this point. The game has been good for years. Metro system is not some must-have feature. Car customization is. There are so many different variants in game already, paint jobs, body types, interiors... but you buy a car and you stuck with what you get. It's stupid because it's such a simple thing to implement.

From the other thread; here are all the additions and changes coming with patch 2.1:
  • Metro System - Unlocks once the player receives a call. Player can sit the whole ride or skip/fast travel
  • Radioport - An item the player owns to listen to radio outside of car. Turns off automatically when the quest music kicks in
  • Boss Fight Improvements - Specifically Adam Smasher (looked super cool on the stream)
  • Replayable Races - After you complete the Claire race quests, you will be contacted for 4 more races. Able to win an auto fixer prize
  • 5 New Motorcycles - Appearances from existing brands in game
  • New Porsche - Samurai Johnny Design
  • More Motorcycle Combat - Flips, wheelies, use of throwing knives
  • Car Chases - During quests, after killing gang members they will hunt you down in cars and chase you. -Car Chase Gigs - Gang members will hunt player down during car theft missions
  • New HUD Options - Visual effects, enlarging, disable time in minigame, etc
  • Hang out with Romance Characters
  • Full Dualsense support on PC
  • More cats
Draugoth Draugoth Feel free to add my post to your OP.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Joke is getting old at this point. The game has been good for years. Metro system is not some must-have feature. Car customization is. There are so many different variants in game already, paint jobs, body types, interiors... but you buy a car and you stuck with what you get. It's stupid because it's such a simple thing to implement.
Agreed. Game has always been great. It’s just only getting better. That’s why I’m definitely going to double dip.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
When it comes time to make the “top 10 games of the generation” list I guarantee this game will be very high on mine.

Man, it's been my 2020 GOTY and an absolute holy shit next-gen moment as I upgraded to 3080 around the time it was released. Yes, there were some bugs here and there but nothing even remotely close to last gen consoles. And through the years, the game only got better and better. Now at the end of 2023 it's one of all time greats IMO. I just hope that after the success of BG3, CDPR will go more hardcore RPG route with the next Witcher and Cyberpunk.

zeroluck

I finished the game 4-5 times already, right now all I do is driving around NC shooting everything with 5 stars polices on my arss, anything they can do to enhance that experience is what matters to me.

Last edited:
Amazing! I think the only thing I'm missing right now is some kind of reflection of your character outside of the mirrors in the bathroom that you need to activate.

T4keD0wN

Nice, this will cut the clunkiest 20% of my modlist and add new vehicles.

I do really hope they improve the draw distance / reduce pop-in before fully abandoning it.

Last edited:

Dane

The game was so barebones that even PS2 GTAs and Starfield had features that CDPR couldn't be bothered to actually make an half assed effort.

moon knight

Neo Member
The game was so barebones that even PS2 GTAs and Starfield had features that CDPR couldn't be bothered to actually make an half assed effort.

Nonsense. The game had the features that it needed to have. All they have added later, like the police system, is fluff that you don't interact with most of the times. (Cyberpunk ain't GTA)

It's good to have fluff, but the game was published earlier than it should've, so the core features were more important.

Last edited:

Gamezone

Gold Member
I feel bad for the early adopters. I haven't played it yet, and now I will get the experience people should have been getting when paying full price for this game.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

You watch too much crappy YouTube channels that shape your shitty opinion. There were no splashes when you shoot in the water or similar meaningless stuff like that. Fucking wow. Literally unplayable. Give me a break.

Braag

Adam Smasher actually seems like a cool boss now.
Damn, do I really need to do yet another playthrough.

The metro system alone makes me want to start a new save on my 4090.

Anything that adds immersion I'm all for. Definitely going to mod in a flying car as well.

geary

They should have added a quest to go to Claire's garage to pimp your car.

Dorago

It'll be feature complete 5 years after release. The original release was an absolute disaster of hype, bureaucratic inertia, a company growing too fast, Millennials and international employees being unable to commit the same quality of labor as Gen X and Boomers, and outside investment running the show to the detriment of... everything.

Top Bottom