• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Seinfeld reunion? Jerry says 'Something is going to happen'

Futaleufu

Could they get away with having Michael Richards in it in 2024?

He was in the Curb reunion, and made fun of what happened, but in 2024 there will be someone not even alive in 2006 who finds that old recording.
He was in his "drinking coffee" show and Seinfeld has the pull to make it happen. OTOH Richards may be too old to perform the physicality required to play Kramer.

Last edited:

Futaleufu

Newsflash: They're ALL old now.
Yes, but as Richards himself has said before, Kramer's mannerisms took a lot of effort and energy and left him exhausted. And you cant do the character without that, otherwise you end up with something like Keanu Reeves in Bill & Ted 3.

bitbydeath

Why is Sunny better than both of them? Because I smoke crack.
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-charlie-day.gif

Kenpachii

Sounds like his idea is to do something about the ending. Like how ST: TNG got a shit ending with Nemesis but they just fixed that.

TNG works because the setting works for it.

Sienfeld is about 35 years olds living in the 90's, trying to figure out there daily lives and messing around. The average age from sienfeld cast is probably 70 years old right now and we live in 2023.

If u want to go back in time and pretend its 90's, the character will look waaaay off because they are just to old and it will look like something completely different then.

Put them in the current time and its again not sienfeld.

It's like jim carry doing dumb and dumber 2, it worked at his age in the first movie, it just looks sad as fuck in the second movie.

Honestly they need to just let it go and move on.

Last edited:

Jsisto

I don’t care what this turns out to be, but I’ll enjoy the hell out of it whatever it is.

Last edited:

L*][*N*K

Banned
Seinfeld is my all-time favorite show, I watch it when I am sick, depressed, heartbroken, happy, drunk....etc., while nothing will take away the show's legacy for me, I do worry about a half-assed attempted at a "reunion", Ideally I would like a 10 episode limited series not relying on fan service and nostalgia, but I expect it to be something like the Harry Potter reunion, which is cute but meh at the same time.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
How long were they sent to prison in the finale? Just make it 'they got out' and do a one off or something.

It could work.

To this day...ill never understand how the last seinfeld episode didnt end with jerry having to become the butler for the fat guy they made fun of.......it would have been the perfect ending.....i dont know how it didnt even pop into their minds to do that

Seinfeld is my all-time favorite show, I watch it when I am sick, depressed, heartbroken, happy, drunk....etc., while nothing will take away the show's legacy for me, I do worry about a half-assed attempted at a "reunion", Ideally I would like a 10 episode limited series not relying on fan service and nostalgia, but I expect it to be something like the Harry Potter reunion, which is cute but meh at the same time.
Along with Frasier it is a thread that runs through my life. First proper breakup = I could only sleep with Seinfeld on. When I was seriously ill = Seinfeld to keep the days going by. And it was the first series my wife sat through with me. <3

There is an ending they randomly do where it's just the end music with the camera looking up at Jerry's building with no context in the late afternoon. It's such a perfect way to make the show feel real. It's weirdly emotional.

ScHlAuChi

Here´s what the new show should be:

It starts with them still being in the same prison where they have been for 25 years.
They were stuck there so long becasue even in prison they couldnt behave so their sentence got extended multiple times!
But finally they are getting released becasue the prison director is just too annoyed by them and kicks them out!
And then its about them old 90s people clashing with the future they have missed out on while they were locked up!

Elaine gets addicted to online shopping
George fails at Tinder
Kramer falls for a nigerian prince scam email
Jerry has a new arch enemy on the Netflix hotline
etc...

Last edited:

NickFire

Here´s what the new show should be:

It starts with them still being in the same prison where they have been for 25 years.
They were stuck there so long becasue even in prison they couldnt behave so their sentence got extended multiple times!
But finally they are getting released becasue the prison director is just too annoyed by them and kicks them out!
And then its about them old 90s people clashing with the future they have missed out on while they were locked up!

Elaine gets addicted to online shopping
George fails at Tinder
Kramer falls for a nigerian prince scam email
Jerry has a new arch enemy on the Netflix hotline

etc...
That actually sounds awesome.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
An alternate final episode recorded today, using the de-aging techniques seen in The Irishman.

It's going to be terrible and Seinfeld's final punchline, telling audiences who haven't stopped crapping on the existing finale to be careful what you wish for.

Doom85

An alternate final episode recorded today, using the de-aging techniques seen in The Irishman.

It's going to be terrible and Seinfeld's final punchline, telling audiences who haven't stopped crapping on the existing finale to be careful what you wish for.

To be fair, the finale deserves a lot of hate.

Even people who know a TINY bit of how law works would find the finale idiotic:

-no law would require people to help someone being mugged, as that would put them in danger themselves.
-the cop who shows up chooses to arrest the four of them rather than pursue the criminal who only left like twenty seconds ago!
-character witnesses are mostly worthless, and even a judge high of their ass wouldn’t tolerate dozens of them

Never mind that if they want to punish the Seinfeld gang for their immoral behavior, but they pick shitty examples:

-Jerry only suggested Babu change his restaurant. He even told him that he was not a restaurant business expert so Babu made his decision at his own risk. As for Babu’s immigrant papers, that was on the postal service and not Jerry and Elaine.
-the Soup Nazi did in fact show customer preference blatantly by giving others free bread and not George. Yes, it’s his establishment, his rules. But how is this George doing something wrong? Asking to be treated equally is wrong?
-Elaine did actually fall into that woman’s breasts accidentally
-tons of people masturbate. Get over it, rest of humanity. If some friends want to make a contest of it, that’s their own business.
-same thing with Elaine buying a ton of birth control. Her own business
-Jerry didn’t lose that library book, it was George due to getting a wedgie from his coach who deservedly got fired. Also, Jerry paid the fine, so that should have resolved the matter, move on, library cop!
-okay, Jerry shouldn’t have stolen that rye technically, but that woman was kind of being a bitch about it
-while not brought forth on camera, the Bubble Boy is mentioned. The same person who strangled George over a board game, and it was Susan who popped the bubble because her boyfriend was being assaulted

I’m sorry if I have a stick up my ass about this, but the finale to one of the GOAT sitcoms, my personal favorite, should have nailed the landing. They had plenty of actual terrible behavior to call back on, but instead they relied on more iconic moments purely for fanservice rather than it making any sense whatsoever. We already had a clip show anyway, and it was actually better, that moment with Green Day’s Time of Your Life as the cast take a bow is a far better closer. Hell, it would need to be reworked some to give George, Elaine, and Kramer fitting closure, but I kind of agree with fans whose head canon’s ending is the episode with Jerry winning the race set to the Superman theme.

It‘s a shame as Jerry’s show being picked up again could have led to something interesting, but it’s all derailed for a nonsensical law and a redundant clip show. Everything up to them leaving the plane is pretty good (Morty‘s only TV show he watches being Xena always kills me). It’s all downhill after that. Well, some of Jackie Chiles’ reactions to the cameos are pretty funny.

Power Pro

Even people who know a TINY bit of how law works would find the finale idiotic:

-no law would require people to help someone being mugged, as that would put them in danger themselves.
-the cop who shows up chooses to arrest the four of them rather than pursue the criminal who only left like twenty seconds ago!
-character witnesses are mostly worthless, and even a judge high of their ass wouldn’t tolerate dozens of them

Never mind that if they want to punish the Seinfeld gang for their immoral behavior, but they pick shitty examples:

-Jerry only suggested Babu change his restaurant. He even told him that he was not a restaurant business expert so Babu made his decision at his own risk. As for Babu’s immigrant papers, that was on the postal service and not Jerry and Elaine.
-the Soup Nazi did in fact show customer preference blatantly by giving others free bread and not George. Yes, it’s his establishment, his rules. But how is this George doing something wrong? Asking to be treated equally is wrong?
-Elaine did actually fall into that woman’s breasts accidentally
-tons of people masturbate. Get over it, rest of humanity. If some friends want to make a contest of it, that’s their own business.
-same thing with Elaine buying a ton of birth control. Her own business
-Jerry didn’t lose that library book, it was George due to getting a wedgie from his coach who deservedly got fired. Also, Jerry paid the fine, so that should have resolved the matter, move on, library cop!
-okay, Jerry shouldn’t have stolen that rye technically, but that woman was kind of being a bitch about it
-while not brought forth on camera, the Bubble Boy is mentioned. The same person who strangled George over a board game, and it was Susan who popped the bubble because her boyfriend was being assaulted

I’m sorry if I have a stick up my ass about this, but the finale to one of the GOAT sitcoms, my personal favorite, should have nailed the landing. They had plenty of actual terrible behavior to call back on, but instead they relied on more iconic moments purely for fanservice rather than it making any sense whatsoever. We already had a clip show anyway, and it was actually better, that moment with Green Day’s Time of Your Life as the cast take a bow is a far better closer. Hell, it would need to be reworked some to give George, Elaine, and Kramer fitting closure, but I kind of agree with fans whose head canon’s ending is the episode with Jerry winning the race set to the Superman theme.

It‘s a shame as Jerry’s show being picked up again could have led to something interesting, but it’s all derailed for a nonsensical law and a redundant clip show. Everything up to them leaving the plane is pretty good (Morty‘s only TV show he watches being Xena always kills me). It’s all downhill after that. Well, some of Jackie Chiles’ reactions to the cameos are pretty funny.
I know people like you and I would get blasted, and people would probably say "it's just a stupid sitcom, don't think about it too much", but I agree with everything you said pretty much. That Babu part always annoyed me especially. Nothing was Jerry's fault, but he just kept taking it out on him. The finale though, I thought the whole setup was idiotic, and if they're being put on trial for being selfish pricks, then they should be locking up most of the country. As I watched the show over the years, I never saw them as "bad people", just exaggerated. Most people liked the show I think because they actually related to them.

Also on another topic that's been brought up in this thread, they were only sent to jail for a year in the finale, so they wouldn't just be getting out now.

I know people like you and I would get blasted, and people would probably say "it's just a stupid sitcom, don't think about it too much", but I agree with everything you said pretty much. That Babu part always annoyed me especially. Nothing was Jerry's fault, but he just kept taking it out on him. The finale though, I thought the whole setup was idiotic, and if they're being put on trial for being selfish pricks, then they should be locking up most of the country. As I watched the show over the years, I never saw them as "bad people", just exaggerated. Most people liked the show I think because they actually related to them.

Also on another topic that's been brought up in this thread, they were only sent to jail for a year in the finale, so they wouldn't just be getting out now.
They weren’t bad people at all. They always, always went to bat for each other. They just didn’t pretend to care about anybody outside their group, so the normies cried.

Last edited:

YCoCg

We already got a reunion though in CYE, these scenes take place after the ending as they were set in modern day at the time.

lcd

We already got a reunion though in CYE, these scenes take place after the ending as they were set in modern day at the time.

I had always hoped they'd include that complete episode as a bonus or something for that season of Curb's DVD release.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
The lukewarm reception to the new Frasier episodes is sadly what I expected and would probably expect for any show rebooted decades after it's original run came to an end.

This show does have a number of advantages - possibility of all the main characters returning, Larry David's work with Curb being well regarded and successful. In theory they could get all the ingredients together.
Seinfeld, Larry David, Julia Louis Dreyfuss have all been successful elsewhere, still have a high profile and likely have no need for more money - you'd hope they'd only do it if it would be good.

It's conceivable that they could just step back into those shoes. But, 60-70 year old George, Elaine and Jerry still on NYs dating market? Kramer bursting in to threaten to put a "fork up your ass!"? Newman trying to find a place in a digital world for a (68 year old) mail carrier?

It can't be the same, so how can it be the same? Will be interested to see it if they do put more eps out though.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I don't think I've seen the finale since around the time it came out and back then I was basically an idiot kid. Even then I remember being dumbfounded by how little sense it made. I was like...what? That's it?

Top Bottom