• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any fans of R-Type Tactics/Command here?

I loved R-Type Tactics/Command on PSP. Sadly, my PSP was stolen and I won't be getting a new one since funds have to go towards Vita in a couple months. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone enjoyed R-Type Tactics/Command and was hoping for a third installment (R-Type Tactics II: Operation Bitter Chocolate was Japan-only) or just loved the first game. Anyone who has not played the original and is a fan of turn-based strategy games needs to play.

r-type_uk3UK_boxart_160w.jpg

rtypepromocvrboxart_160w.jpg

And today I thought about how I loved R-Type Delta, then remembered IREM was dead :/

I didn't know these existed, I'll take a look.

Eusis

Irem's TECHNICALLY active, but they may as well be dead with how much they've canned and how many games got pulled from DD services.

Risk Breaker said:
And today I thought about how I loved R-Type Delta, then remembered IREM was dead :/

I didn't know these existed, I'll take a look.

The first release is my favorite PSP game, I so much enjoyed it, mainly because I'm a fan of Hudson's Nectaris/Military Madness games.

Berksy

I was on the verge of buying it in the past and didn't. But if you guys say it is good...

Also it is available on PSN in Europe.

GhaleonQ

I detest all of you for reminding me of Irem.

Anyway, yeah, I really enjoyed both in the same way that I enjoy slightly clunky games like Ring Of Red. Irem's 1 of my favorite developers ever, and I didn't think they had it in them. The 2nd seemed way harder to me, though, which felt unnecessary. Games that are fussy and require a lot of planning are a bad combination.

I've always loved Irem's commitment to the R-Type atmosphere. That totally translated to the strategy games.

Heretic

I love that game! I'm entirely bias though cause my name is in the credits under QA =)

Edit: For R-TYPE: Command

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
Both of those have been on my radar since release. I just never got around to picking them up. I love R-Type and I love TBS so it should be a no-brainer really.

Top Bottom