• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any Galactic Civilizations III Hype up in here 4x GAF??

Anyone know if they have plans to optimize the RAM usage somewhat? I want to play it on my laptop rather than my desktop, but just from inspection it seems to be eating up like 9 GBs on a pretty routine basis.

alstein

Anyone know if they have plans to optimize the RAM usage somewhat? I want to play it on my laptop rather than my desktop, but just from inspection it seems to be eating up like 9 GBs on a pretty routine basis.

They've been working on it. That said, the 64-bit makes it somewhat of a lower priority because it can afford to eat those gigs the way Civ 5 or AOW 3 doesn't (and those games really do chafe under 32-bit limits) Overall, this is an area where I think Stardock historically struggles.

Is the combat at least as good as Gal Civ 2's? I had hoped they might improve on the combat a bit for GC3.

It's very similar, but there are some additional variables that adjust it slightly.

Is the combat at least as good as Gal Civ 2's? I had hoped they might improve on the combat a bit for GC3.

It's got a little bit more going on than GC2, but it's not really any sort of improvement, no. Hoping for something in an expansion down the line.

Babalu.

so is there just no OT for this game? was planning on picking this up since I've been itching for a 4x.

is this as good as galciv2? or better then other options on the market right now?

Vlodril

so is there just no OT for this game? was planning on picking this up since I've been itching for a 4x.

is this as good as galciv2? or better then other options on the market right now?

i thought it was worse actually. i think endless space is the best on that genre of those i have played myself (although the combat is deeply flawed).

If you dont mind single planets one endless legend is one the best right now i think.

Subitai

Ugh. There was a patch that just came out I guess and now I can't precisely customize each planet's production focus. So, my ship manufacturing planets waste resources on research and $, and so on with my research and $ planets.

Top Bottom