• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any good replacement for Destructoid?

MathUser

Destructoid recently got a remake and it's not fun to use. Any website similar that isn't dedicated to 1 console?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Digital Foundry is basically the only journalistic channel that cares for all games in actual times

If you want something outside the box, go for Gameranx and GameXplain. To more closed subjects theres Nerrel, Gvmers and Nakey Jakey. If you want some fun and some trivia, DYKG, VideogameDunkey and Ssethtzeentach

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
That's what I do. It's a nice filter for all the shit that doesn't deserve any traffic and clicks, like most 'journalism' on games these days.
100%. You get some shit takes here on occasion, but that’s because people are passionate about their games, and not doing it for clicks.

Last edited:

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
On the subject of Destructoid. Does anybody have their interview with Perrin Kaplan saved?

It's the one where they ask her if the Wii was gonna be Nintendo's last console. It happened in september 2006.

I used to have it but I lost the external hard drive where I had it saved.

Nydius

Destructoid recently got a remake and it's not fun to use. Any website similar that isn't dedicated to 1 console?

Can't say I'm surprised. I abandoned that sinking ship when it got sold to Gamurs Group in 2022 and within a week the front page was littered with low effort list-bait articles. Used to be decent for news articles until it was sold, though I never bothered venturing to their "community" side because it became clear after one visit that was just as bad as Reddit and Kotaku rolled up into one.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Why bother? All video game news gets posted to GAF the microsecond it's posted elsewhere. For opinion pieces find Youtubers.

Fbh

Gematsu is good and news focused (no shitty opinion pieces) but, as others have said, it's japan centric.

VGC is decent too. They have reviews and some interviews too but they are pretty news and not oponion focused overall

scraz

Just bookmark the news section by clicking the news button at the top, problem mostly solved.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, you're on it.

I used to be big into Destructoid and its community back in the day, met a bunch of great people that I'm still in contact with 15ish+ years later. Gematsu is a pretty good one from what I've seen when I see it. But personally, I haven't frequented a game blog/site ever since the old Destructoid days, I just glance at Twitter and here. Haven't really needed anything else personally.

digdug2

The update made me go from visiting them pretty often to deleting their shortcut in my browser. I hate it that much.

Last edited:

Three

Thank you Three. Yeah that is the one going by the introduction. I can't see the interview though.
Yeah it isn't there. Tried using wayback machine to get it but the old page has a flash player which I assume was the video of the interview. The video source has probably been deleted sadly.

Top Bottom