• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any way to check if there are any saves on Nintendo Online cloud?

Cyberpunkd

Here's the context:

On my second Switch, the first one I had I played Hades. I am not sure if I uploaded any saves to the cloud or is it done automatically, but when I went to try yesterday (on my second Switch) I was met with a blank save state. Any way to check somewhere whether cloud save for Hades exists and if so do I need to re-subscribe to Nintendo Online to access it?

Filben

You can check on your first device where it was supposed to upload the save.

Select the said game and press the option button (+), go to the fourth option from above (Save game cloud, don't know what it says exactly in English). On the right side of the window it shows for which user profiles a backup exists in the cloud.

You could also go to the general settings menu of the (second) Switch, scroll down to data management (between 'Internet' and 'User'; again, don't know what it says exactly in English), in the right window scroll down to save game cloud, select your profile. There, it also shows save games that are not on your console.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

You can check on your first device where it was supposed to upload the save.

Select the said game and press the option button (+), go to the fourth option from above (Save game cloud, don't know what it says exactly in English). On the right side of the window it shows for which user profiles a backup exists in the cloud.

You could also go to the general settings menu of the Switch, scroll down to data management (between 'Internet' and 'User'; again, don't know what it says exactly in English), in the right window scroll down to save game cloud, select your profile. There it also shows save games that are not on your console.
I do not have the first device, sold it. Are these steps also viable if done on the current Switch?

Filben

I do not have the first device, sold it. Are these steps also viable if done on the current Switch?
Yes, check the cloud how I described it in my last paragraph of my post, over the general settings menu.

Keep in mind what Robb said, though.

Cyberpunkd

The expiration date for the cloud saves are 180 days, so if you haven’t re-subscribed for about +6 months the saves are likely gone.

If it’s less than +6 months since you were subscribed you should get access to all of it.

Yes, check the cloud how I described it in my last paragraph of my post, over the general settings menu.

Keep in mind what Robb said, though.
Thank you both, the subscription expired end of January 2023, look like I am starting again.

Top Bottom