• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else's PS4 starting to become sluggish in the menus?

LAA

Hmm not so much laggy, I've had a few weird "freezes" though.
Main thing I've noticed since moving to a 4K monitor is I notice the icons look low res until they're selected and then sharpen a second later. Don't know of that happened on 1080p but I didn't notice on that at least.

RedBoot

I often notice a lot of slowness when exiting the PSN Store on the PS4, presumably it's "closing" the app which slows down the rest of the system (though you can't manually close it like everything else). Still blows my mind that the PSN Store on the PC is by far the best way to access your content, and all the actual system stores range from bad to unusable.

And yeah, I get the delays when going into the TV/Video apps. They also rearrange the order of your installed stuff at random, so I'll get used to Twitch being two spots down then it'll change and I'll open Amazon by mistake or something.

I'm also getting occasional black screens on Twitch streams (until I close/reopen the app) and Youtube will randomly exit a livestream after an hour or so, but those are probably on the actual apps and not Sony. Just more shit that used to work fine. :p

Head.spawn

It felt like something was trying to strangle my PS4 Pro every time I was trying to navigate..... BUT. Big BUT here.. my download speeds decided to fix themselves this week! Aka, downloading at full speed instead of 1/20th of my speed for the past month or two.

I'm not sure if I can complain without being a little okay with it.

N30RYU

Mine (PS4 PRO) is also slow on the menus like if it needs the database to be rebuild or something.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Like others have said its psn...turn off the net connection and its fast again.

Behlel

I haven't had any problem, some minor stutter when browsing my games folders but it's related to the quantity of the titles to view (i've arround 50 games installed), but for the rest it's the same as always.

clintar

Mine is snappy. Always has been, since my base PS4 model to the pro I did the backup and restore to when I got it. Been fine the whole time.

One of:

- Disable / Enable connection
- Rebuild Database
- Test Internet connection

Always fixes any issues I have with the system.

Make sure you try all three before seeking any other solutions.

KyleCross

Won't be a Sony console if it doesn't feel bloated by the end of it's gen.

God, ain't that the truth. I can't believe how fucked they made the PS3. It was never super fast due to being a 2006 console, but when they introduced the new store some years back and other such things... it actually destroyed the system.

forms

Extremely sluggish, no network issues or snything similar. The store also crashes/restarts most of the time if I browse "all games", and sometimes even when just watching some entries.

mcfizzle4

Nope, but mine has a separate issue. About 40% of the time when I turn it on from sleep mode my tv says no connection, hdmi not plugged in our something. I have to turn it off completely and retry to get an image.

Go to the storage and see if your HDD is losing space at a fast rate. If so, then let it reach 0. It should be okay after that. (at least for a while)

zMiiChy-

Banned
My PS4 has always been that way.
It rarely lags in games as well.

At first I thought they were coincidentally similar random framerate drops in games, but I'm pretty sure it's the system.

The in-game lag had become very rare afyer subsequent updates thankfully, but the menus are just as bad while the store has become worse.

Top Bottom