• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else getting spammed by "DCCC" emails every few hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's because I often vote, and vote democrat, or because I donated to help something something the oceans one time, but I get these kinds of emails fairly often, asking for donations. I usually ignore them. More recently, I started asking to be removed from the lists.

But then there's this.... Emails supposedly from the 'DCCC'

From August 15th, I have received 38 of these emails!!
Non stop from the 15th to the 18th, then none for 3 days, then they've been back and god damn, they just won't quit!

Check this out.. The first one started out innocently enough:

"Kelly Ward, DCCC <dccc@dccc.org>"

You’re a strong Democrat, right?

That’s why I’m emailing you. I need your help.

Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House, just gave a big speech about his plans for our country.

His most urgent priority? “Replace every word of Obamacare.” It’s outrageous.

As a Democrat, my most urgent priority is fighting to take back Congress.

Your email has been shared with us because you’re a strong progressive who shares this value. As a member of the DCCC’s email list, we’ll keep you informed about news that’s important to Democrats.

And today, I need your help to fight Paul Ryan and his backwards priorities:

TAKE A STAND: Say you’ll fight with me to defeat Paul Ryan and the obstructionist Republicans.

Thanks for your time,
Kelly

Kelly Ward
Executive Director, DCCC

Then this, the next day:

DCCC HQ <dccc@dccc.org>

For months, we’ve watched as the anti-Trump movement has grown nationwide.

And we want YOU to join the movement against him and his bigotry!

Click here and we'll mail you this bumper sticker for FREE!

Get your "Stop Bigotry" sticker today!

Our Democratic leaders, and Democrats around the country, are united against Trump and the Republicans.

By displaying this sticker you can show you’re united against Trump too!

Get your FREE sticker here:

http://action.dccc.org/free/free-stop-bigotry-sticker

Thank you for all you do!
-DCCC

P.S. Please join the 35O,OOO grassroots Democrats who have denounced Trump's bigotry.

Alright, that's excusable.

Now they get interesting...

TRIPLE MATCH REMINDER (via DCCC) <dccc@dccc.org>

We’re about to give up.

Yesterday, President Obama called Democrats nationwide to action…

"The stakes are too high to be silent today." -President Obama

…but we’re still tracking way behind our goal.

Republicans are burying our Democrats under a mountains of cash.

We need to pick up the pace -- and fast, or we risk losing any chance of a Democratic House.

That’s why a group of proud Democrats has agreed to TRIPLE MATCH all gifts before tomorrow’s Mid-Quarter Deadline.

Can you chip in $1?

Chip in $1 immediately >>
Chip in $35 immediately >>
Chip in $50 immediately >>
Chip in $100 immediately >>
Chip in $250 immediately >>
Or donate another amount >>

Thank you,

DCCC

And then they increasingly get terrible from there..
Of course, there are a row of hotlinks at the bottom of each email now where you can instantly be giving them money.

Here's a sample list of emails.. just look at the subject text:

V7qI95W.png

Here's the latest one titled "URGENT DCCC - Democrats HUMILIATED"

President Obama asked.
First Lady Michelle Obama asked.
Vice President Biden asked.
Even Hillary Clinton asked.

But we’re still massively behind our goal.

There’s just 69 days left until Election Day. We can’t afford to drop the ball like this.

Things are so desperate, we’re forced to launch our emergency Take Back the Majority Project.

************@GMAIL.COM
Take Back The Majority Project Gift
NO DONATION

Look -- media outlets everywhere are saying we could win the House.

But right-wing special interests are pouring money into down-ballot races to defeat us.

We need every grassroots Democrat to step up if we want any chance of winning. Pitch in $1 before the deadline:

24-HOUR DEADLINE: ALL GIFTS TRIPLE-MATCHED

Triple match my $1 >>
Triple match my $35 >>
Triple match my $50 >>
Triple match my $100 >>
Triple match my $250 >>
Or triple match another amount >>

Thanks,

DCCC

Is this shit for real? I mean this can't be real... but I haven't unsubscribed or blocked it, out of curiosity.. I mean this is insane. Anyone else getting a downpour of these emails?

Got one from 'Hillary' at 9:53am, one from Joe Biden around noon, Carol King at 2:51, another at 3:57, and the last one was at 6:45... I'm due for one in the next hour or two.

WedgeX

Banned
Are you on the DCCC email list?

Alternatively, were you on the DCCC mailing list and it got hacked by a Russian intelligence service?

I reported to spam all my political emails. I was getting like 50 per day, all asking for money and/or doing dumb surveys. I remember one was like, "We don't have any record of your donation. Are you voting for Trump?" Yeah, fuck that. Spam.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I'm registered and I only get emails once in a while. I don't even care about them really. I also get emails from senators in California who want me to vote for them. I'm in Pennsylvania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom