• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else playing (Deck-builder) game RogueBook from PS++

bitbydeath

It's like Slay the Spire but with a few differences/improvements:

1. As per the title it's a rogue game, so you can level up your characters, and other features so when you begin a new game it should always be a little bit different.
2-The-defeat-rewards-menu-in-Roguebook.jpg

1-The-upgrade-menu-in-Roguebook.jpg

2. There's a small but traversal map where you can unlock different items, such as gold, cards, health, treasures, battles + more. (Map layout and content randomise each game)
56d2f145f51d0139311120415d605705db2584826304e06825ffe38eac60d1c5.jpg

3. Your battles contain two (of four) characters which you can switch between during the match, with the one in front taking the damage.
roguebook_2021-07-20_005.jpg

Going to be playing this one for a while.

StueyDuck

I eyed this one on plus the other day. I'll give it a try.

Also can anyone recommend If the tales games are worth getting into (are they just simple waifu rpgs) and which one to start wirh.

GHG

I did tell everyone in the PS plus thread but nobody listened. Fantastic game, I prefer it to slay the spire and it was one of my most played games on the deck last year.

It's available for 59 cents on PC:

No excuse for everybody not to own it.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I eyed this one on plus the other day. I'll give it a try.

Also can anyone recommend If the tales games are worth getting into (are they just simple waifu rpgs) and which one to start wirh.
Definitely not waifu rpgs at all. With what’s available on plus, you could probably start with Vesperia or Symphonia. They are older, but good entry points into the series. The gameplay feels a little older, but the story and full experience are amazing in those. Both fantastic games. None of them are really necessary to play in any kind of order as they normally are separate entries, aside from direct sequels like Xillia and Xillia 2

StueyDuck

Definitely not waifu rpgs at all. With what’s available on plus, you could probably start with Vesperia or Symphonia. They are older, but good entry points into the series. The gameplay feels a little older, but the story and full experience are amazing in those. Both fantastic games. None of them are really necessary to play in any kind of order as they normally are separate entries, aside from direct sequels like Xillia and Xillia 2
Older is usually better. I'll check them out. Will find some like timeline online or something to help figure out what the like best order to play is

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Older is usually better. I'll check them out. Will find some like timeline online or something to help figure out what the like best order to play is
I would just play Symphonia first personally. That’s my personal favorite, although Vesperia is a close second. Tales of Graces F is also very good, but hard to get your hands on outside of the ps3 version. It was initially on the Wii in Japan, then ported to ps3.

Top Bottom