• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone watching Drops of God on apple tv?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's a somewhat loose adaptation of a super succesful manga and the series is just one season and damn it is a good show.

The production spans france and japan and the languages spoken are french, english and japanese and they aren't dubbing it, which does wonders for the setting.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Does it have the all-important scene?

nsvNAtr.jpg

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It’s supposed to be really good but I don’t know if it’s my cup of tea. What’s it similar to?

The central conceit is a competition between two individuals of exceptional talent. The show cares about the competition, but uses it as a vehicle to explore the characters around it.

Last edited:

Newari

It's a somewhat loose adaptation of a super succesful manga and the series is just one season and damn it is a good show.
Wait, the show is actually a manga adaptation?! I just randomly picked the show up and while watching I was constantly questioning in my mind if this anime-like plot happened by accident or was it on purpose, but I guess that answers the question...

LordOfChaos

Wait, the show is actually a manga adaptation?! I just randomly picked the show up and while watching I was constantly questioning in my mind if this anime-like plot happened by accident or was it on purpose, but I guess that answers the question...

This is almost a plot that could only be thought up in manga originally lol

Top Bottom