• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently the Division on PC has a fatal flaw in it's code that allows easy cheating

What? lol they did change the biggest "complaint" from the battlefront beta. man random battlefront shitposting is getting tedious.

Every problem I had with Battlefront still existed in the launch.

edit Regardless my pre order was cancelled today. Mainly because I am out of country and couldn't try the beta, but solidified by this really bad news.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2016-02-0120_16_45-cliwb55.png

Akronis

How the fuck does a company like Ubisoft violate the first rule of Client-Server relationships?

NEVER EVER TRUST THE CLIENT

Tovarisc

Yeah, that statement doesn't inspire confidence. No one on the development team should be surprised by rampant cheating with a pure client-side trust system.

And we assume they are shocked and surprised by this because?

Can you play the game offline to avoid this and just play your game in peace?

Only place where you are forced to encounter other players is Dark Zone which is games PvEvP zone, and fully optional afaik.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Either they've planned for this and have already built it but have it disabled during the beta for some reason or they didn't bother adding something to the PC port that they didn't need in the console versions in which case the PC version is doomed.

You don't have zero plans for this and only realize a month before release that oh, maybe cheating will have to be addressed, lol. It would require every single decision maker involved with the title to be completely out of the loop with PC multiplayer gaming and I find it very hard to believe that that is the case.

Can you play the game offline to avoid this and just play your game in peace?

Game isn't worth buying in that case, the only spice comes from other players.

Tovarisc

We're not. Knowingly releasing a public facing "beta" like this with such an obvious flaw says a lot about Ubi's priorities with the PC version.

Wait for reviews.

Looking at this games options menu and how solid performance already seems to be in what has to be 1.5 - 2 months old build at this point [console certing ftw], I think Massive has put a lots of effort into PC version. It's hard to believe that anti-cheat for PC version would be something that they realized to be necessary just few days ago. That would require such high level of incompetence and lack of thought.

Top Bottom