• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Appearance of "Stuck Pixels" on PS4 Pro since last update

Markew001

This thread is right on time. Thought my PSVR was going bad as I first noticed it there but then saw it was on the TV too. First time seeing it, was playing RE:7 for the record.

Before people fiddle with their hardware, its almost assuredly a software thing.
It happened to me yesterday so this popping up today cant possibly be a coincidence that this thread just came up.
While there may be a hardware related core cause behind it, theres got to be some software bug thats triggering it lately.

Has sony done some silent updates or something btw?
I dont remember when this notification system changed

AndersK

Ps4 Beastmode claims it's first victims!

Sony secret sauce is way to HOT HOT hot!

8) Misterxmedia

I'm sorry

I had this issue not long after the OG Ps4 launched actually, turned out it was a home issue and not the console itself. Using a different cable and slot sorted it out, OP could try one or both of those

The people who have it on do you have boost mode on? (I know it doesnt make a difference regarding mass effect) I am just wondering if its making the systems run hotter as a base more.

casnix

I've also seen it. I thought my TV was on its way out. But then I noticed that it wasn't there on the other inputs, just the Pros. So I switched which input the Pro was connected to and it followed it. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I've seen this on mine too, often while watching PS Vue. If I press the PS button to go back to the menu, then go back to the app, its gone.

//DEVIL//

I had this while playing yakuza on my ps4 pro.

at first I thought I got all the sudden bad pixels on my TV. I so I went to the dashboard and I didn't see shit. went back to the game and it was gone. I figured it was a glitch from the game. thank fuck its not a hardware defect.

Footos22

It came up once during yakuza zero but went when I pressed ps button. Not seen it since I'm sure it'll be gone with next update. Whatever it is.

I had this while playing yakuza on my ps4 pro.

at first I thought I got all the sudden bad pixels on my TV. I so I went to the dashboard and I didn't see shit. went back to the game and it was gone. I figured it was a glitch from the game. thank fuck its not a hardware defect.

Yeah I already had a og ps4 go crazy because of the order 1886 back in the day, didn't want mass effect to do that to my pro lol

HF2014

Since last update, when i boot my ps4, it take some time to load, as example, tv video apps like Netflix. It just doesnt want to appear after like a few seconds.

Varth

Been getting them in Yakuza 0 (all I play these days) quite a while. Happy to hear its not just me.

Pro connected via VR box.

Minamu

Pro user here, happened yesterday in mgs5 in boost mode. Would've been real scared had I not seen this thread earlier!

Top Bottom