• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple offers savings accounts with 4.15% interest rates

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Starting today, Apple Card users can choose to grow their Daily Cash rewards with a Savings account from Goldman Sachs, which offers a high-yield APY of 4.15 percent1 — a rate that’s more than 10 times the national average.2 With no fees, no minimum deposits, and no minimum balance requirements, users can easily set up and manage their Savings account directly from Apple Card in Wallet.3
“Savings helps our users get even more value out of their favorite Apple Card benefit — Daily Cash — while providing them with an easy way to save money every day,” said Jennifer Bailey, Apple’s vice president of Apple Pay and Apple Wallet. “Our goal is to build tools that help users lead healthier financial lives, and building Savings into Apple Card in Wallet enables them to spend, send, and save Daily Cash directly and seamlessly — all from one place.”
Once a Savings account is set up, all future Daily Cash earned by the user will be automatically deposited into the account. The Daily Cash destination can also be changed at any time, and there’s no limit on how much Daily Cash users can earn. To build on their savings even further, users can deposit additional funds into their Savings account through a linked bank account, or from their Apple Cash balance.
Users will also have access to an easy-to-use Savings dashboard in Wallet, where they can conveniently track their account balance and interest earned over time. Users can also withdraw funds at any time through the Savings dashboard by transferring them to a linked bank account or to their Apple Cash card, with no fees.4
The new Savings account from Goldman Sachs builds upon the financial health benefits that Apple Card already offers, with absolutely no fees,5 Daily Cash on every purchase, and tools that encourage users to pay less Apple Card interest — all, while offering the privacy and security users expect from Apple.

I am tempted to put some money in a savings account with that rate. My current bank interest rate is less than 1%.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Skimmed the legalese, looks like the 4.15% includes deposits, total account balance up to $250k. Rates subject to change of course

What I hadn’t noticed is that savings account yields are way up now. Marcus savings accounts are at 3.90%.

Still a nice perk.

PSYGN

lol thats a lot. chase was offering me like 0.2%. i was like go fuck yourself.

They closed my Savings account because I had to withdraw from it once too many times one year. I basically took all my money out of my Chase Checking account into my index funds 10 years ago as my FU to Chase (I know this means nothing to Chase but it felt good doing it).

Last edited:
$1000/month subscription for access.
giphy.gif

$1000 a month for a damn savings account? Screw that sheeet!!!

Thaedolus

Gold Member
They closed my Savings account because I had to withdraw from it once too many times one year. I basically took all my money out of my Chase Checking account into my index funds 10 years ago as my FU to Chase (I know this means nothing to Chase but it felt good doing it).
PSA: credit unions shit all over big banks. Except for when it comes to having branch options, but ours has some sort of agreement with other CUs to share branch access so it’s usually not an issue.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Skimmed the legalese, looks like the 4.15% includes deposits, total account balance up to $250k. Rates subject to change of course

What I hadn’t noticed is that savings account yields are way up now. Marcus savings accounts are at 3.90%.

Still a nice perk.
My discover account keeps upping it every other month or so. I think it's up to 3.6 or higher now. Competiton is good.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

[mental alarms buzzing]

Suspicious...

I sense yet more public fuckery about to happen.

My crystal ball is predicting another four-year scheme, with "big-named-actors-based-on-a-true-story-about-how-big-banking-wanked-consumers" movies to follow shortly thereafter. All aboard the scheme train!

Excited Comedy Central GIF by Drunk History

Lasha

I am tempted to put some money in a savings account with that rate. My current bank interest rate is less than 1%.

You can get a 9 month certificate for like 4.5%. Bank of China is offering 5% on new USD deposits.

Paltheos

Yeah, bank return rates have been up for a while. Several years back, I switched over to a locally-based but online-only bank that currently has 3.75% APY on MM accounts. Pretty damn nice.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
That's almost as high as my money market account, where I keep the majority of my liquid savings. I figured it would be Goldman Sachs before even reading it as they are also the bank for my Apple Card.

But cool for people that need a savings account and don't mind dealing with an online-only presence.

Celcius

°Temp. member
$250k x 4.15% = $10,375

Tempting, but somehow I just don't trust Apple with my money. Is this even FDIC insured?

Last edited:

Cohetedor

Most bank rates are up, Lending Club is at 4.25% for savings accounts right now. There are cd rates all the way up to 9% in some places.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Eh, I set this up but I like having my savings where it's at. I guess at least I will earn something on the daily cash balance that sits around doing nothing.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I like Apple Card more than I thought I would. I'm not using them like a bank even though their program is backed by one.

Top Bottom