• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Fools 2016 thread

I'm having a hard time seeing what about this makes them "trash" - it's just building a brand. KT gave them a fantastic opportunity to market themselves to a disenfranchised consumer group with the DOAX3 thing; why should they pass it up? This is just continuing on from the goodwill they built there.

Exploiting the insecurity of these poor, disenfranchised consumer group using the guise of solidarity by creating boogeymen is a trash-like behavior that should not be encouraged.

HonMirin

... Is it wrong that I want to play World of Wartrains?

There's just something about weaponised locomotives that's just... Oooh...

BiggNife

I'm having a hard time seeing what about this makes them "trash" - it's just building a brand. KT gave them a fantastic opportunity to market themselves to a disenfranchised consumer group with the DOAX3 thing; why should they pass it up? This is just continuing on from the goodwill they built there.

Pandering to gamergaters, who are literally in a hate group and arguably just got a woman fired from her job under a false pretense, is fucked up and gross. It might be a great short-term way for them to make some cash from some people who don't realize they're being manipulated, but I don't think it's unreasonable to be a little disgusted by it.

shaowebb

The Sonic The Hedgehog game everyone secretly wanted:

http://bigthec.at/

Is this frog fractions? What the fuck. Seems big was given a budget of $5 to make a game and has been smashing his fishing rod into a computer for months to make it and is coming up on the deadline tomorrow with nothing to show for it when Froggy goes missing.

rfbwMr4.jpg

EDIT: Lol. This just happened in the middle of a scene with a cutin of stupid music.
lWZOi54.jpg

MSI Announce Revolutionary Modular Motherboard design

Several months ago an MSI representative had informed me of a project that had the potential to change the way we looked at PC hardware, saying nothing more than that they were applying the Modular "Phoneblocks concept" that was used in Google's Project Ara to the PC gaming market.
31083641670l.jpg

source

That actually seems remarkably sensible. Why do you have to pay for a gigabit port every time you upgrade your MB? or Sound Card?

I think there could be a market for this.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Exploiting the insecurity of these poor, disenfranchised consumer group using the guise of solidarity by creating boogeymen is a trash-like behavior that should not be encouraged.
It's especially infuriating when you remember that the alleged controversy about this game not coming to the US was completely manufactured by these guys. They made up a story and now are mocking people because of it. Assholes.

bjaelke

BPskZVZ.jpg

Now to the important announcement: Hearts of Iron will be delayed until Q1 next year. This is because after getting lots of valuable design input from DDRJake we have realized that Hearts of Iron IV as it is now is missing a crucial physical connection with its players, and it would be unfair of us to release it until this is done.
Worry not however, we have a great solution for this proposed by Jake himself - Dance Dance Revolution Mat integration! No longer are you simply a passive observer, you can instead march in real time (soundtrack will be replaced with 100% marching band music) with your soldiers towards Moscow! Not enough for you? We have also developed a revolutionary Bucket DLC System(tm) that lets you slosh through authentic pripyat swamp water*, mud and scorching hot sand (requires oven (not included)).

Rad-

Anybody remember this gem from Bungie?

images

But the real fun starts when you get online and compete with thousands of other players around the globe in the world's first and only massively multiplayer pimp simulation.

Pimps At Sea: where pimping and poop decks collide! Coming Soon(tm)

Arrrrrh, bitch!

"I'm spending more sail money than I'm getting tail money"

Jintor

I think that's funny. Why the insults?

it's basically a sneering dude saying 'ur 2 sensitive n00b'

although in taking offence from that frankly pissweak attempt at humour you open yourself up to accusations of being overly sensitive... damn they win either way!

elixia

That actually seems remarkably sensible. Why do you have to pay for a gigabit port every time you upgrade your MB? or Sound Card?

I think there could be a market for this.

even better idea : let's break it down even further.
build your ram stick with different chip manufacturer!
upgrade flash memory in your ssd to bigger capacity!
running out of pci-e slot? add more!

sorry if this is OOT

You can really learn a lot about a person in whether they find that PlayAsia prank childishly pathetic or a fucking sick ass burn on those SJWs, dawg

Code_Link

I hope they make a real announcement that will leave us thinking it's April Fools just like when they announced Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

The Battlefront reddit page decided it would be a good idea to try to get people to think there is a Clone Wars DLC was being made:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...ficial_final_dlc_announcement_the_clone_wars/

I think this is a really bad April Fools day joke. There's nothing funny at all about it, It's not obvious it's a joke so it could easily mislead people into thinking it's real, it's something people actually want, and it's like they're taunting people who want more content for the game. In the comments the moderators even tell people this isn't their April fools joke and try to get people to believe it's a real thing. This is more like just straight up trolling than an April Fools day joke.

Top Bottom