• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar nosurge Plus: Ode To An Unborn Star |OT| Humanity's Last Stand

Vylash

47sD6ul.png

Ar nosurge Plus is a Fantasy/Sci-fi RPG that takes place in a world where music and song can create magic. It tells the compelling story of a civilization that lost their planet and has been roaming the edge of space for 2000 years in search of a new home.

In Ar nosurge Plus, the player follows two sets of characters: Delta and Casty, whose goal is to protect humanity and save the world, and Ion & Earthes, who are trying to find Ion a way home to Earth. The player can interchange between both pairs and soon discover a way to combine their storylines and strengths to eventually solve the mystery that shrouds their ongoing struggle.

r9GrJIk.png

Developer: Gust
Publisher: Tecmo Koei
Platform: PS Vita
Release Date: October 2nd, 2014 (JP) July 1st, 2015 (EU) July 2nd, 2015 (NA)
Limited Edition (almost out of stock)

OvDT5kX.png

WCTQtK6.png
Zkp1vTj.png
50uDR3I.png
SmENTBC.png
4XWMU4P.png

EffXOCd.png
ty3YkmV.png
geFOlK1.png
NBE1ZNC.png
60ZEejr.png

5daRx1F.png
d7FUVYY.png
zpJNyb5.png
PIvjgfb.png
y1zyU9t.png

rMoqquM.png

Zapping system: Use the Zapping system to travel from Delta and Casty’s perspective to Earthes and Ion’s seeing the story from these different viewpoints will show you the real truth.
Battles: Defeat enemies using Skills and Song Magic! The heroes must hold the line and can attack, use items, and unleash powerful Skills. If you can Guard with the right timing during an enemy turn, the damage inflicted will be reduced. Use a variety of attacks and Skills to raise Harmonic Level and activate powerful Song Magic!

battle.png

Song Magic: 15 musical masterpieces bring out the grandeur in this world! Known for their achievements in other Akira Tsuchiya projects, the musicians Akiko Shikata, Haruka Shimotsuki, Noriko Mitose, and Yoshino Nanjo join others in creating numerous songs to adorn the game’s already incredible orchestral score. Also featuring russian songstress, ORIGA.
songmagic.png

Purification: The Purification Ceremony is a divine ritual in which the hero and heroine cleanse their bodies to power themselves up. During the Purification process, both of them are imbued with special crystals, called Genometrica Crystals, that relays their thoughts to one another. With the aid of these crystals, they can share their memories and thoughts as one.
puri.png

Genometrics: Genometrics represents the character’s inner self, or the world within their minds. The heroes are able to dive into these worlds within their psyches and help them deal with the various concerns they have.
geno.png

Synthesis Shop: You will find Synthesis Shops in cities where you can combine items to create new ones. You can synthesize healing items, equipment, and more.
synth.png

[/LIST]

zjNeT5R.png

Ciel nosurge Summary

A very indepth summary with pictures and movies for Ciel nosurge (Premium experience!)

You might hear someone say that you don't need to know anything about Ciel to be able to fully enjoy Ar. This is a lie. Ar nosurge is a direct sequel to Ciel nosurge, the character cast in Ar nosurge is 90% returning characters from Ciel. The events and character building that happens in Ciel are incredibly important to understand what is happening in Ar and to care about the characters. Things WILL be confusing and major plot points WILL be lost on you if you play Ar without knowing anything about Ciel.

Seriously, please please please read Ciel, I can't stress how important it is

7EgE2wx.png

- New Costumes
• New costumes for the four main characters (Delta, Earthes, Casty, and Ion).
• Beat the game to unlock even more costumes for the above four characters.
• New Purification costumes for the additional characters.
- New Purification Partners
• Sarly, Nelo, and Shurelia can be selected as conversation partners during Purification.
• Some DLC available from the previous version comes pre-loaded!
- Updates and Balancing
• Full featured tutorial.
• Synthesis Shop Events viewable from menu.

cA9rbZJ.png

GreatMightySymp has made a bunch of wallpapers for various mobile devices, there are way too many to put in the OT, but quote this post for a link to the google drive page!

Thanks to GreatMightySymp for the wallpapers, pariah164 for help with banners,and kiryogi for the first Ar nosurge OT!

Nice OT!

Can't wait to play this. I bought the ps3 copy but never got around on playing it and prefer playing my rpg on the go with sleep mode.

Oh crumbs, I forgot this was out this week. Not a single peep from KT Europe's twitter account either so far. I guess that "zero marketing budget" for Gust titles rings true, which is a shame, but understandable.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Gust's later games perform on Vita -- this is the first title that uses KT's engine rather than Gust's. Escha & Logy Plus looked promising. Framerate was a little low but loading times were between instant to a couple of seconds most of the time -- a big improvement for an RPG of its type.

LMN

Great OT, I just receive the shipping notification, hopefully it arrive just in time when I finish with Ciel summary

Shizuka

BITCH PLEASE DO YO HOMEWORK

I ain't got no time to be spending reading a text when I could be reading a visual novel and crossing that one from my backlog.

it is a short Novelette, not that bad.

Is it short, though? I got the feeling it's bigger than I'd have wanted.

It's worth it. So fucking worth it.

It's worth it even if you don't play Ar, it's an interesting story.

For you, I'll give it a try. If you say it, it must be good.

Zephyx

Nice OT. I read the Ciel stuff and the premise really sounds interesting.

Question though, is the sequel better than the first one? I'm asking in terms of the battle system and gameplay mechanics. :D

Might get this game digitally in a week or two if there are no physical copies available in our region. Need some impressions from other players first if it's compelling enough.

Nice OT. I read the Ciel stuff and the premise really sounds interesting.

Question though, is the sequel better than the first one? I'm asking in terms of the battle system and gameplay mechanics. :D

Might get this game digitally in a week or two if there are no physical copies available in our region. Need some impressions from other players first if it's compelling enough.

Ciel had no battle system- it was a visual novel/girl raising sim hybrid, basically. That's half the reason why it was never localized.

But compared to the Ar Tonelico trilogy its battle system is a massive improvement over 1/3 and a pretty solid upgrade to 2.

Hubb

It is 12,000 words according to Word. Not short, but not too bad either for an entire game summary. No idea to the quality of the writing though, that could make go a lot faster or a lt slower.

Shizuka

It is 12,000 words according to Word. Not short, but not too bad either for an entire game summary. No idea to the quality of the writing though, that could make go a lot faster or a lt slower.

Alright, I'll give it a try. I'll read it on my iPad, maybe that'll be faster than reading on the PC. Thanks!

Tohsaka

My copy shipped earlier, should be here soon hopefully. I already platinumed the PS3 version of the game, and it was pretty simple so I'll probably do it again with this version.

Uthred

I wonder with TK's current support of the PC (however slipshod it can be at times) is there any chance of this getting a port

kiryogi

Banned
I ain't got no time to be spending reading a text when I could be reading a visual novel and crossing that one from my backlog.

For you, I'll give it a try. If you say it, it must be good.

13 absolutely amazing chapters. Hands down, everyone that did take the time to read the summary has given it nothing but absolute praise.

And this is the detailed summary mind you.

The detailed summary has videos of all the songs too or if you want. The same guy that did the detailed summaries has started a full on video playthough with English subs of Ciel nosurge. It's up to chapter 4 right now.

JJP12

Crap I thought this was releasing next month.. I'm only on chapter 2 of Ciel. What I've read so far has been pretty interesting. Guess I'll try and power through it tomorrow.

Nice OT by the way!

Great job on the OT. :)

According to USPS, my LE is supposed to be delivered tomorrow. :D

First time playing the game since Origa's death earlier this year, listening to em-pyei-n vari-fen jang; is going to be something for sure, considering what goes on when that song plays.

(FYI, regarding the desktop/phone wallpapers, if the sizes don't work for your device or don't resize/crop down well, let me know and I can make them. Mainly stayed with the stock Android Nexus sizes and iOS sizes, but I can make them in other dimensions.

The iPhone 6 Plus ones should work alright, but I have the regular iPhone 6 so I don't have anything to test against. If someone has that device and has issues when iOS tries zooming in, let me know and I can send over some test images to see what dimensions don't cause that.

Also, the reason for larger devices there's separate portrait/landscape wallpapers is because the source images don't crop well in both directions.

That should capture everything wallpaper-related. :))

Shizuka

The iPhone 6 Plus ones should work alright, but I have the regular iPhone 6 so I don't have anything to test against. If someone has that device and has issues when iOS tries zooming in, let me know and I can send over some test images to see what dimensions don't cause that.

I've checked the iPhone 6 Plus and decided to use one of them! They look great, thanks for them.

Zephyx

Ciel had no battle system- it was a visual novel/girl raising sim hybrid, basically. That's half the reason why it was never localized.

But compared to the Ar Tonelico trilogy its battle system is a massive improvement over 1/3 and a pretty solid upgrade to 2.

Oh. Never knew it was a VN only.. I may have to constantly remind myself of the plot in Ciel if I ever get this one. I haven't actually played Ar Tonelico since I never got a PS2 and just recently got a PS3.

koutoru

Nice OT, also appreciate the Ciel nosurge plugin.
People would do themselves some good reading it before playing Ar nosurge.

I got this for the PS3 when it came out. Unfortunately I never got far.. However this may be a good opportunity to re read ciel to refresh my memory.

Does anyone know what balances are being made to plus? If it isn't that significant, then I may just re play through the PS3 copy.

Got a shipping confirmation from NISA that I got 1 day priority shipping so it'll arrive sometime today (Wednesday). Very pumped to chain sugoi combos (those who played the original know what I mean).

Top Bottom