• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are we ever going to get Ace Attorney 7?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
F8cumNe.jpg
I know I'm getting little a lot obsessive over these games as of late but man fell hard for this series and currently playing every game I can get my hands on. I finished 1st Trilogy, and currently playing Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (also really enjoying it) and next I go after Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice and phoenix wright vs professor layton and try to find the copy for Ace Attorney Investigations.

My question is there any plan for Ace Attorney 7 or is that it for the series? At least I hope Capcom decides one day to bring Dai Gyakuten Saiban series and Investigations 2 to west.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm kind of indifferent at this point. I loooooove the series, but... there are a LOT of these games. I don't necessarily need it to continue forever.

Instead, please give us official Western releases for the ones we didn't get.

Danjin44

I'm kind of indifferent at this point. I loooooove the series, but... there are a LOT of these games. I don't necessarily need it to continue forever.

Instead, please give us official Western releases for the ones we didn't get.
I completely understand, I recently got in to series and I'm craving for more but I also hope to bring both Dai Gyakuten Saiban series and Investigations 2 to west.

Danjin44

DGS1+2 is better than AA 5 and 6 for me, like a lot better. So if they want to continue the main series they should put Shu Takumi in charge.
I have no doubt about that! I LOOOVE the first trilogy and seeing Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1&2 was directed by Shu Takumi himself makes me want these games even more. But I only have one 3DS and don't want to hack that one, but never know If I get desperate enough I might do it.

Last edited:

Jeeves

Glad to see you enjoying them so much still! That third game was a doozy huh?

Complaints from some hardcore fans aside, the series is still in good graces and popular. I would be very surprised if we had to wait more than a year or two for another game.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
We're overdue for AA7.

Or even an AA4-6 HD Collection for all platforms.

Danjin44

Complaints from some hardcore fans aside, the series is still in good graces and popular. I would be very surprised if we had to wait more than a year or two for another game.
Then why games like Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1&2 not coming to west!? Some say Capcom considers too "costly" to localize those games which to me is BS, new Sakura Wars is waaay more niche than Ace Attorney series and I'm pretty fucking sure Capcom has more money than Saga. Another theory is because of Sherlock Holmes being in the game but if Atlus managed to bring Lupin to Persona so can Capcom. Come on Capcom!!! bring those games to west!

Glad to see you enjoying them so much still! That third game was a doozy huh?
I actuall really like Trials and Tribulations and I like how the last case ties in old cases from pervious game.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Then why games like Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1&2 not coming to west!? Some say Capcom considers too "costly" to localize those games which to me is BS, new Sakura Wars is waaay more niche than Ace Attorney series and I'm pretty fucking sure Capcom has more money than Saga. Another theory is because of Sherlock Holmes being in the game but if Atlus managed to bring Lupin to Persona so can Capcom. Come on Capcom!!! bring those games to west!

I am like 99% sure that the Sherlock Holmes character is public domain. That should not be the reason.

Danjin44

I am like 99% sure that the Sherlock Holmes character is public domain. That should not be the reason.
Then I really don't understand why these games are not coming to west, I even heard some people say the game is "too Japanese" which actually makes me angry because so was Persona and Yakuza and they are currently very fucking popular in west.

Jeeves

It sucks that the spinoffs don't always get localized. But they haven't skipped localizing a mainline game yet!

I have no doubt about that! I LOOOVE the first trilogy and seeing Dai Gyakuten Saiban 1&2 was directed by Shu Takumi himself makes me want these games even more. But I only have one 3DS and don't want to hack that one, but never know If I get desperate enough I might do it.

You emulate could them it if you've got a decent enough computer.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I agree.

I get it's a niche series and doesn't pull the numbers that monhan does but c'mon... we have what, 3 untranslated spin offs? 4-6 hd nowhere to be seen? feels like 7 doesn't even exist in any capacity yet.

And speaking about popular niche ds games... where's my switch etrian odyssey?

Then I really don't understand why these games are not coming to west, I even heard some people say the game is "too Japanese" which actually makes me angry because so was Persona and Yakuza and they are currently very fucking popular in west.

So, some of the speculation is that, despite Sherlock Holmes being public domain, other Sherlock Holmes characters that were introduced later on aren't and DGS uses some of them. This is just something I've read around here & there so take it with a grain of salt, though.

I'm honestly fearful of the type of reception and translation that DGS would get in the west. The game doesn't shy away from period appropriate racism as well as other frowned upon views. In addition to that the racism isn't used as vehicle for a moralistic sub-plot, it's mostly just to evoke the era and sometimes played for laughs. There's no "Naruhodou owns the racist then everyone claps" moment.

I've seen games get torn to shreds for content way less "offensive" than the stuff in DGS (a few examples, no spoilers). Which in itself wouldn't be so bad if the game was delivered more or less as intended. But when articles like this represent a growing mentality in this industry, I have no faith that would be the case.

So I almost feel like, being that Ace Attorney is one of my favorite series and DGS is one of my favorite games in that series, I'd rather not even go through the mess of an official western release. The scarlet study fan translation is fantastic and most people have a 3DS, Android or a PC to play it via emulation. I'd rather Capcom do an HD remaster/translation of Ace Attorney Investigations 2 because the fan translation of that game has some awful pop culture references and there's nothing that would really need to be "culturized."

Top Bottom