• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Argentina's President & FM Charged in Alleged Cover Up (Death of Prosecutor/ Bombing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
English

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n?hootPostID=f9060c623e37044ed1c66dcbca18c6af

Federal prosecutor Gerardo Pollicita charged Argentina's President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner for an alleged attempt to cover up Iranian involvement in a 1994 bombing in Buenos Aires, Clarin reported.

Spanish:
http://www.clarin.com/politica/Imputan-Cristina-denuncia-Nisman_0_1303069928.html

El fiscal federal Gerardo Pollicita decidió imputar este viernes a la Presidenta de la Nación, al canciller Héctor Timerman, al piquetero Luis D’Elía y al diputado Andrés Larroque por la denuncia efectuada por el fiscal Alberto Nisman cuatro días antes de su muerte.

La Causa 777/15 fue abierta tras la denuncia de Nisman sobre encubrimiento de iraníes involucrados en el atentado a la sede de la AMIA en julio de 1994 y que está radicada en el juzgado de Daniel Rafecas.

Así, Pollicita decidió darle curso a la acusación y requirió numerosas medidas de prueba para que se inicie de hecho una pesquisa al respecto.

En el dictamen, que Pollicita presentó esta tarde en el juzgado de Daniel Rafecas, también fueron involucrados el canciller Héctor Timerman, el dirigente kirchnerista Luis D'Elía y el diputado Andrés "Cuervo" Larroque, entre otros.

La denuncia de Nisman, hecha el 14 de enero, posee escuchas donde se habla de las relaciones del Gobierno con Irán.

En su resolución, Gerardo Pollicita, Fiscal titular a cargo de la Fiscalía Nacional en lo Criminal y Correccional Federal Nro. 11, señala que “corresponderá en lo sucesivo iniciar la pertinente investigación con miras a comprobar, en base a los elementos de convicción que se vayan incorporando y siguiendo los lineamientos del art. 193 del ordenamiento de forma, la existencia del hecho y, consecuentemente, si el mismo puede ser penalmente reprochado a sus responsables”.

“En principio, resultan imputados en la denuncia que dio inicio a las presentes actuaciones la Sra. Cristina Fernández de Kirchner –Presidenta de la Nación-, los Sres. Héctor Marcos Timerman –Ministro de Relaciones Exteriores y Culto de la Nación -, Andrés Larroque –Diputado Nacional-, Jorge Alejandro “Yussuf” Khalil, Héctor Luis Yrimia –ex Fiscal Federal-, Luis Ángel D`Elia, Fernando Esteche y un sujeto identificado como “Allan” que sería Ramón Allan
Héctor Bogado”, detalla el fiscal.

“Esta confabulación habría sido orquestada y puesta en funcionamiento por las altas autoridades del gobierno nacional argentino, con la colaboración de terceros, en lo que constituye un accionar criminal configurativo, según refiere la denuncia, de los delitos de encubrimiento por favorecimiento personal agravado, impedimento o estorbo del acto funcional e incumplimiento de los deberes de funcionario público (arts. 277 incisos 1 y 3, 241 inciso 2 y 248 del Código Penal de la Nación)”, continúa en su resolución el fiscal Pollicita.

So it looks like they're using the dead prosecutor's work to say she and others in the government covered up Iranian involvement in a Jewish center's bombing in 1994.

They'll now gather evidence

A bit of background, this has been rumored for awhile but there was a prosecutor, Nisman, who was to formally present this stuff but was found dead a day before his presentation. The government claimed it was suicide but now claims it was "rouge intelligence agents"

so are these formal charges, as in there will be an actual trial now?

it seems more like an indictment, they'll go into evidence gathering and if they find enough they can go to trial and criminally charge

En su resolución, Gerardo Pollicita, Fiscal titular a cargo de la Fiscalía Nacional en lo Criminal y Correccional Federal Nro. 11, señala que “corresponderá en lo sucesivo iniciar la pertinente investigación con miras a comprobar, en base a los elementos de convicción que se vayan incorporando y siguiendo los lineamientos del art. 193 del ordenamiento de forma, la existencia del hecho y, consecuentemente, si el mismo puede ser penalmente reprochado a sus responsables”.

Not sure how Argentina works.

esms

Now things are getting interesting. Will be interested to see what kind of evidence they can gather, especially since the bombing was two decades ago.

Tecl0n

While i'm not exactly law savvy, a judge has to confirm this charge before investigation can begin. No judge will do such thing. The dead prosecutor asked for a judge back from his holidays the week before he died and the claim was dismissed for lack of proof, it will be dismissed again by a judge.

And even if there were evidence, no sane judge would take the case. specially when the vice president is awaiting a trial date for wrongful car paper. That investigation did end, and it will go to trial in the next few months/years.

Now things are getting interesting. Will be interested to see what kind of evidence they can gather, especially since the bombing was two decades ago.

They're charging the current ministers, so it seems they thing the cover up was more about covering up the investigation of the bombing. Not the original cover-up.

The journalist Damian Pachter who brought up the prosecutor's death left Argentina to flee to Israel, it was like some spy thriller shit.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9C-WXA-Quh0

their "white house" (pink house)

tweeted out his travel details

B8SgLlvIQAAB2Ni_3177213a.png

I wouldn't be surprised if he had help from the Israeli government to get him to Israel considering how fast he got out

¿What is a "piquetero"? I haven't heard that term before

But I don't think that this new prosecutor has much to fear about his life right now, I mean, the president should know that it will look really bad if they kill another prosecutor

¿What is a "piquetero"? I haven't heard that term before

But I don't think that this new prosecutor has much to fear about his life right now, I mean, the president should know that it will look really bad if they kill another prosecutor

Protester. Comes from "picket"

He's lead a lot of protests so its his nickname: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_D'Elía

He led a group that occupied a Buenos Aires police station in 1994, and his argument that the bombing that same year of a Jewish center in Buenos Aires was the work not of Iranian terrorists but of Jews. His friendly contacts with Mahmoud Ahmedinejad, have caused him to be described as “the unofficial spokesman of the Iranian government in Argentina” and as a “hit man for Iran.”

Seems like an asshole of the highest order

they're also posting racist tweets and using this crisis as an excuse.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150594281&postcount=69
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150596399&postcount=71

I think they've run out of cares

Thanks for the definition above APK, to me piquetero sounds weird, but i get the term now

And HOLY SHIT at those tweets! I mean, our president hasn't read more than two books but HOLY SHIT, the only thing lacking in that tweet is a yellowface pic or something. smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom