• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arizona Police Fatally Shoot Man Who Answers Door

Keihart

We have non-lethal munitions. Why not have that be the only thing police can use?
Really? have you seen how shitty are non lethal weapons at neutralizing a threat? they either do jack shit or they end up mangling someone (and they stop being non-lethal). Tasers are like the only viable ones but even then, those are effective in only really specific situations. I've seen videos of people tanking 9mm shots like nothing, that's why cops usually don't aim for legs or shoot to wound, once they shoot they are aiming to kill because if you don't manage to neutralize the thread then you are in fatal danger. Tazers work, very few people would tank that. Rubber and pepper bullets? no way, they won't knockout someone, they will kill or mangle someone when aimed to the face or up close.

Just another instance where ordinary citizens are expected to act completely calmly and rationally when police have guns pointed at them but if trained police even see a gun or know the person is carrying they're allowed to start blasting like Mantis Toboggan with no repercussions.

Last edited:

Gp1

Holding a gun in a non-threatening manner, complying to verbal commands, the guy was kneeled when he was shot. Sorry to say but this was a trigger happy cop anywhere in the world.

Did you guy saw until the end? If i heard correctly the cop that didn't shoot is a Swat officer?

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with having a gun held while answering the door. It's late at night/early morning, and the couple weren't expecting any company.

Now on the other hand, if the police did announce It was them, he should have left the gun, and came out with his hands up. Being that he seemed shocked it was police, and immediately got into a defensive position makes me believe this scenario was highly unlikely.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
I want to reiterate that I think that the police officers were solely as fault and that the victim did nothing wrong. However, if someone decides to buy a gun for protection, they should also buy a ballistics vest and wear it whenever they wield their gun. Heck, they should get a ballistics face mask as well.

Riven326

Banned
Justified. He moved towards the cop in an aggressive manner with a gun. You don't do stupid shit like that and expect to live.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Policemen hurting their own image is a pattern in the United States that’s what’s going on.

Riven326

Banned
How many times have you had someone pounding on your door in the middle of the night?
A few times. A couple times was the cops. Once with guns drawn, they were searching for a criminal. I didn't get shot. But then again, I acted like a rational human being unlike this guy.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
A few times. A couple times was the cops. Once with guns drawn, they were searching for a criminal. I didn't get shot. But then again, I acted like a rational human being unlike this guy.
What if the guy was drunk? Tired and not thinking completely straight? Is making a small mistake in your own home in the middle of the night enough justification to be killed?

Top Bottom