• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS Global Test Punch Announced May 26-28, June 2-4

Raitaro

Also, has anybody loaded up the ARMS Testpunch yet? If you leave it alone it shows you some computer controlled games, maybe they are replays. Looks even more amazing

Thanks for reminding me; downloading now. I love attract modes! (Along with character unique stages, this is yet another thing SF doesn't have anymore...)

The least they could have done is given us a training mode to play around in.
Thanks for reminding me; downloading now. I love attract modes! (Along with character unique stages, this is yet another thing SF doesn't have anymore...)
They only last around 30 seconds.

I'm a little skeptical of this because the Japanese twitter mentions in no uncertain terms that "these 7 characters" will be the ones you can play as in the Test Punch. I think the full game description and the "test punch" descriptions might have gotten jumbled by PR.

I mean I'd gladly welcome the chance to try Kid Cobra along with Mechanica but this is directly contradicting other comments made by Nintendo of Japan, and NoJ has made no updated comments on that being changed.

Edit: I'm gonna check my JPN account's eShop on my Switch when I get home. If it says 10 there, then I'll be convinced.

I love this. Exactly what this game needs to be successful. Though I do wish it was just a normal demo...but I bet that would have been Spring Man/Ribbon Girl/Master Mummy/Ninjara only and 2 stages. Glad we have the whole roster for the test!

Neiteio

Downloaded and ready. Can't wait!
Be sure to boot up the demo and watch the title screen — there are randomly generated attract reels showing off all of the characters, modes, etc. Just keep watching and you'll keep seeing different demo reels. I haven't seen the same one twice, and I've watched like a hundred of these.

Speely

Banned
Be sure to boot up the demo and watch the title screen — there are randomly generated attract reels showing off all of the characters, modes, etc. Just keep watching and you'll keep seeing different demo reels. I haven't seen the same one twice, and I've watched like a hundred of these.

It's cool when mirror matches happen, too! Got a sneak peek at some alts that way.

Guys I wouldn't get your hopes up because it seems like they are only confirming 10 characters are in the game not that you can play as all of them.

I still believe its only the first 7 characters.

Looking at the JPN eShop listing for it, it doesn't say anything about the available characters at all.

I still think only the first 7 will be available but I'll gladly eat crow if we get to try all 10.

Kouriozan

ARMS pre-orders seems good on Amazon.fr, currently 5th in the top sellers ranking.
I'm curious to see how much the testpunch will boost that.

2BO1r84.png

Zedark

ARMS pre-orders seems good on Amazon.fr, currently 5th in the top sellers ranking.
I'm curious to see how much the testpunch will boost that.

2BO1r84.png

Tbh I think that has to do with it getting a price drop on amazon.fr. I believe it was still €60 yesterday, but today it dropped to €50. Everywhere else it still occupies a place in the twenties or lower.

The testpunch will definitely be interesting. I read in the Media Create thread that ARMS is slightly ahead of OG Splatoon preorders at the same time period before launch, so the testfire likely helped a lot there. The testpunch for ARMS may have a similar impact depending on how well it is received.

Kouriozan

Tbh I think that has to do with it getting a price drop on amazon.fr. I believe it was still €60 yesterday, but today it dropped to €50. Everywhere else it still occupies a place in the twenties or lower.
Ah yes, could be it too, for example SF2 jumped in the top 10 when it dropped at 33€, of course it's 1st since it dropped further.

Bulbasaur

Banned
It starts in an hour at 1am here. I kind of want to sleep but I'm dying to try this game. Life is full of difficult decisions.

Top Bottom