• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed The Ezio Collection - Announcement Trailer

I've never played the Ezio games. I might get this in 2017, it seems more like a port more than a remaster and there is plenty to keep me busy in the meantime.

Ivan 3414

Are there people in this thread who are happy they excluded features in this re-release because it'll make for an easier platinum? Are you for fucking real?

I'm one of those people.

Multiplayer was not fun. I'd only be okay with that mode in if it had no trophies/achievements attached to it. In Brotherhood, Revelations, and III, I got all of the single player achievements, barely touched multiplayer.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
As someone who was a top player in the MP, it not returning is disappointing. I loved AC multiplayer.

black070

Going to have to pass - played through every mainline Assassins Creed title, and never had any motivation to replay a single one of them. They're prime one and done titles to me.

Havok1313

I guess I'll pick this up later when it's cheaper and there are less other games to play. Really wish they had done more work with this but I love Ezio too much not to revisit.

jett

D-Member
Not sure if clueless or what.

You do understand that some computing tasks are very CPU demanding... like throngs of pathfinding, animating, collision detecting NPC's all over the place, right?

Add levels of detail, and increased crorwd sizes from the PC version, and yeah, it's going to be tough for the CPU's to hit a stable 60.

MGSV doesn't have anything like Venice, last time I checked.

My old core2duo coupled with an ATI 4670 could handle these games at 40+ fps.

thelastword

Banned
Not going back to 30FPS AC after playing the last couple on PC, so I'll be passing on this one unfortunately.
Has it been confirmed that it's 30fps? That's a very bad port if then because I see no improvement to textures or lighting and there's no AA.

Tohsaka

Has it been confirmed that it's 30fps? That's a very bad port if then because I see no improvement to textures or lighting and there's no AA.

I think someone said in the marketing materials or whatever before the game was officially revealed that it's 30FPS, plus if it was 60FPS Ubi would likely have mentioned it as a selling point. If it is actually 60FPS though I'd get it.

MrBS

KWZJeJz.png
No redone assets or tweaks, straight ports
KWZJeJz.png
No multiplayer
KWZJeJz.png
No Rogue
KWZJeJz.png
30 FPS
KWZJeJz.png
Releases same day as Watch_Dogs 2

Amazing.

Shredderi

KWZJeJz.png
KWZJeJz.png
No multiplayer
KWZJeJz.png
No Rogue
KWZJeJz.png
30 FPS
KWZJeJz.png

Amazing.

Yep feels really badly planned all around. I could see the scenario where the people way up in charge didn't even know this was being done and a few months after the release of this collection the boss says something like: "Yeah we should propably start preparing the assassin's creed collection. Wait what we already released it? When? The same day as Watch_Dogs 2?! What were you thinking?!".

I loved 2, never finished Brotherhood, and never played Revelations. I get it not having graphical improvements sucks, but if collection doesnt run like a turd I'll probably pick this up when it hits 30-40 bucks.

Yoshi88

I loved 2, never finished Brotherhood, and never played Revelations. I get it not having graphical improvements sucks, but if collection doesnt run like a turd I'll probably pick this up when it hits 30-40 bucks.

You can already get the Heritage collection (1,2, Brotherhood, Revelation, 3) on PS3/360 for under 30 (Euros) everywhere i look. Seems to be the way to go, if you haven't played some of them.

kuYuri

The movie ticket is only valued for $8? What.

That's not even enough for a movie these days unless you go for a matinee showing. Free movie ticket my ass.

Gurish

I don't know what improvements they applied but unlike the remaster of COD4 this look very dated and pretty ugly by today's standards :/

Xav

Looking forward to replaying Assassin's Creed II. It's one of the favourite games from the last generation and I need an excuse to play it again.

The port itself looks basic and 30 FPS sucks but again, Assasssin's Creed II. I got to check it out.

It is nice to see that they touched up some of the textures and lighting. I replayed AC2 not too long ago on the PS3 collection and was surprised at how...gray and waxy everything looked.

RowdyReverb

No 1080p isn't the only enhancement, man they really should've done a before and after comparison.
Yeah, I guess so, or at least give some examples of what they updated in the trailer. I want to be excited for this, but I also expect a little more than better IQ. Maybe they'll release some comparison samples

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Yeah, I guess so, or at least give some examples of what they updated in the trailer. I want to be excited for this, but I also expect a little more than better IQ. Maybe they'll release some comparison samples
I mean you could read the post below you..

OK improvements are clear but the game is still looking ugly and dated today.
Absolutely, but other than basically remaking the game with Anvilnext which would be a hugely very expensive and time consuming endeavor, or running two open world rendering engines at the same time ala Halo 2 anniversary, I imagine this was the only option, reworked lighting and textures aren't cheap. I mean with the way faces animate they couldn't even make any changes to them either. Releasing this on the same day as WD2 isn't a very good idea either as they're basically competing with themselves at that point.

mieumieu

Check Edens post, they put effort in and that's from the PC version.
People are miss remembering what it look like.

The difficulty with remasters like this (I mean from the sub HD -> full HD generation) is that people will always compare it to the original game filtered in their mind, not the one that physically exist in reality. So the games will need to have something more special, whether it is 60fps, fast loading, etc. to convince on the fence buyers.

If there is nothing special, even if your port is all around OK and runs well, there is really no selling point.

No thank you

I don't really have a desire to replay these games now, and this seems like a really lazy re-release.

I'd rather replay Dead Rising, Batman and BioShock

Fuchsdh

It's weird how some games are being remastered by stripped of multiplayer.
Bioshock 2
AC 2/Brotherhood.

I imagine if DeadSpace2 gets a HD port it will be removed as well.

I never played AC multiplayer, but leaving out BS2's multiplayer was a good idea unless they were going to completely rework how it functioned. As it was it was a game of "high level player gets stun + crossbow headshot combo, you can do nothing, rinse, repeat."

Davide

KWZJeJz.png
KWZJeJz.png
No multiplayer
KWZJeJz.png
No Rogue
KWZJeJz.png
30 FPS
KWZJeJz.png

Amazing.

There are at least new textures which make a huge difference. Having Rogue in an Ezio collection, far removed from the Ezio stories, would just be weird. I don't mind the lack of multiplayer myself. Unfortunately II and Brotherhood haven't aged well at all still, but it's not the worst remaster. They look too saturated in the trailer though.

RiZ III

To be honest the character models in the AC games have never looked good, but the cities have always looked fantastic. I'd love to have a VR mode in assassins creed where I could just walk around the world in first person.

Also I just noticed that in that second to last screenshot, the building in the back left actually has a shadow being cast on it so it looks like they did increase the shadow resolution. Also in the first picture, it's very clear from the shadows on the buildings in the back that the shadows are looking waaaaaay nicer in this collection. Seeing that they've actually upgraded the visuals, I'm definitely buying this. I had been wanting to play Ac2 and brotherhood again.

They could've at least fixed some of the faces.😞 Updated textures and slightly improved models would've been vastly better than this port.

Edit: oh wait, they improved some things.
Ugh, I forgot how diluted the colors were in the original games.

screenshot2016-09-13a41uyq.png

The weird part is the texture resolutions have improved, but it looks like the specular/bloom has been toned way down in some parts, which gives it an oddly flat look. Basically neither version has particularly great character models. You can either have practically textureless meat people with little bit of lighting depth or you can have high res textures that kind of make people look like damp cookies.

Also good god why did they update his face textures but not his TERRIFYING LOW RES EYES AAAAAA

Foxxsoxx

screenshot2016-09-13a41uyq.png

The weird part is the texture resolutions have improved, but it looks like the specular/bloom has been toned way down in some parts, which gives it an oddly flat look. Basically neither version has particularly great character models. You can either have practically textureless meat people with little bit of lighting depth or you can have high res textures that kind of make people look like damp cookies.

Also good god why did they update his face textures but not his TERRIFYING LOW RES EYES AAAAAA

Nightmare fuel baby.

Tempted to platinum all of these since I started a new PSN account since these were released.

Also: I am one of those people that enjoyed Revelations.

Top Bottom