• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III - Announcement Trailer (360/PS3/PC/WiiU, AnvilNext Engine)

My goodness. Right up there in my top 5 this year easily. Love multiplatform this generation. Most everyone gets to enjoy the best games.

I picked up the steel book case at GameStop today for $5. Little do they know I am just going to abandon the pre-order and buy it from Amazon instead.

Picked up my steelbook today as well. :)

It's actually a much smarter marketing move than giving the steelbook with the game.

This way, you have this case on your shelf, acting as a constant reminder that a) the game is coming out and b) you have a pre-order.

Well played Ubisoft.

The AC games look and perform amazingly well on my average gaming rig. I could never go back to the console versions.

There's something about their lighting and use of color that just... UUUUUU

And the texture res. Revelations was really impressive in that area.

I was listening to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exrLylxFGUk and as I read your comment, In perfect sync the song lyrics matched. I just wanted you to know ;)

nph-thumbs-up.gif

Jeels

So we can get the Steelbook now? Hmm, Amazon won't ship it until the game is out. Might cancel my Amazon order and go with Gamestop.

Good trailer but I expected something as awesome as previously announcement trailer and this one doesn't grab me at all, specially the music.

-Winnie-

People don't think this is in-engine? They've made a point that they've radically improved their engine so I don't think it's that far-fetched. It looks amazing, but you can tell it's not CGI.

So, with this game being officially announced and trailer'd, who's on the same page as me and wants to skip one/both of the ACII sequels?

I played through the second game and loved every moment of it, but I don't want to burn myself out on too many same-y sequels. At the same time, I feel like I'm missing quite a bit of story if I just jump from AC II to AC III, but hot damn I REALLY don't want to play the sequels. The entirety of both those games just feel like filler content for me. I kind of want to play them to keep up with the series, but I feel that if I do that I'll just burn myself out :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
So, with this game being officially announced and trailer'd, who's on the same page as me and wants to skip one/both of the ACII sequels?

I played through the second game and loved every moment of it, but I don't want to burn myself out on too many same-y sequels. At the same time, I feel like I'm missing quite a bit of story if I just jump from AC II to AC III, but hot damn I REALLY don't want to play the sequels. The entirety of both those games just feel like filler content for me. I kind of want to play them to keep up with the series, but I feel that if I do that I'll just burn myself out :(

I just started Brotherhood, and I probably won't continue. I really liked a lot of AC2, but I can't get into ACB. Too samey.

I just started Brotherhood, and I probably won't continue. I really liked a lot of AC2, but I can't get into ACB. Too samey.
That's me exactly with Revelations. The filler is there, but the truth puzzles are gone, along with some of the truly gorgeous puzzle/platforming levels inside cathedrals and the like. I just couldn't muster the will to keep going.

AC3 has my interest though, and looks like a solid followup to AC2.

What if they used in-engine assets to make the trailer and spiced it up afterwards like they do with the Uncharted cinematics?

Don't know how to explain it but the trailer's look felt different from the other AC-trailers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wii U?

Ubisoft takin a stab at when Wii U is launch, I see.

Not necessarily - there are a few games announced for the Wii U that will release on other platforms before the console has launched. That said, the Wii U will most assuredly hit shelves in Q4.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here

َACB is not that bad actually it has some amazing moments but skip ACR its terrible

SamuraiX-

Pretty weak for an Assassin's Creed trailer, but I'm being more and more sold on the setting with each new bit of info/media.

Gotzta see dat gameplay.

Good that the setting is not mostly snow as of my first impression of the leaked art, I don't want walk on a giant Oreo ice cream cake like I did in Skyrim.

It's weird, I've heard people say a game wouldn't be released where American soldiers are the "bad guys", but the last few missions in MW2's campaign has you killing US soldiers in Afghanistan. Nobody complained about that at all.

NBtoaster

It's weird, I've heard people say a game wouldn't be released where American soldiers are the "bad guys", but the last few missions in MW2's campaign has you killing US soldiers in Afghanistan. Nobody complained about that at all.

Probably because there were far more controversial parts of the campaign.

hagaf22

Neo Member
The launch trailer looked amazing but I was hoping they would change the attire to match the era. The outfit worked with the time frame before but I was hoping something more colonial when I heard about it. But I guess it keeps the continity of the series. Either way I'm pretty stoked about this one.

massoluk

Banned
The Wii U with the vision things and persistent map sounds kinda neat... May be the first game I choose to buy console version rather than PC.

Quitting this franchise and selling off my copies was the best thing I did this gen for my health. All the AC games (ps3 version) kept running and running worst with each new entry. Perhaps someday when Ubi decides to conclude the franchise with a proper ending and releases a compendium collection of it will I start caring for this POS. This is what AC looks to me 99% of the time, all in glorious sub 20fps.

Yeah, as long there isn't anymore dumbshit DRM, PC is the way to go

PS3 version(s) have only gone from horrible to mariginal in regards to performance after all these games

Biggest win was the PS3 version of Revelations looking identical (even better in some spots) to 360 finally ...now performance on the other hand

َACB is not that bad actually it has some amazing moments but skip ACR its terrible

It hurts me to say this, because you have such an awesome avatar, but you're way off on ACR.

It has one really lackluster gameplay mechanic (den defense), which is entirely avoidable. Other than that, the climbing and combat mechanics are improved and expanded upon, the storytelling is the best in the series aside from maybe AC2, and if you give a shit at all about Ezio or Altair, then it's worth playing just to see their stories ended so beautifully.

Top Bottom