• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III |OT| Easier to read than Ratonhnhaké:ton

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Out of all the AC games, I gotta add. This has my favorite OST by far. Really good stuff.

I completely disagree, so far after 17 hours of AC3 there isn't a single track that I found memorable. It's not bad at all, just completely forgettable (imho of course).
Which version are you playing btw, 360 or PS3?

I completely disagree, so far after 17 hours of AC3 there isn't a single track that I found memorable. It's not bad at all, just completely forgettable (imho of course).
Which version are you playing btw, 360 or PS3?

360. And yeah well I'm sure people will have varying opinions but I like the style of music for this period more so then in the others and the theme of it. Just my thoughts though. Overall I've just always been a fan of the AC music in general.

winstano

Has anyone ever used Ubi's shop to pre-order stuff in the UK? I've got the Freedom edition coming to me but there's no indication that it's shipped yet, and I really wanna play it on release!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
360. And yeah well I'm sure people will have varying opinions but I like the style of music for this period more so then in the others and the theme of it. Just my thoughts though. Overall I've just always been a fan of the AC music in general.

Well yeah Kidd's style of music for AC1/2/B/R would not have worked as is in AC3. I don't know if he could have changed his style for this or not.
Also the fact that there is no music when just going around the cities/frontier certainly does not help with making some tracks memorable.

Jawmuncher

I'd just like to say that I think all of ACs OSts have been nothing but forgettable.
I can't remember a single tune.

However they do what they need to for the course of the game.

iNvid02

I'd just like to say that I think all of ACs OSts have been nothing but forgettable.

please book an appointment with your GP asap, there is something wrong with you fo sho

dreamfall

Really? Kyd did some of the most amazing work that I will never, ever forget. Literally, off the top of my head:

AC1: "Jerusalem Horse Ride" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUO4cD7eLqY
AC2: "Venice Rooftops" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaRHlo4B0Y
Brotherhood: "Ezio's Family" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32BmFXkz0dY
Revelations: "Main Theme" by Balfe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaYupMWjn68&feature=related

I don't know- I'm a lover of the franchise, but the music felt so good.

El-Suave

Has anyone ever used Ubi's shop to pre-order stuff in the UK? I've got the Freedom edition coming to me but there's no indication that it's shipped yet, and I really wanna play it on release!

Same here (but ordered from Germany). I did a little research and found out that they're not the best shop if you "must" have a game on its release day. I can easily wait a day or two longer, but had I known this before I placed the order back in march, I might have gotten the game from somewhere else.

Well yeah Kidd's style of music for AC1/2/B/R would not have worked as is in AC3. I don't know if he could have changed his style for this or not.
Also the fact that there is no music when just going around the cities/frontier certainly does not help with making some tracks memorable.

I really love the music that does chime in when it does, really love the theme music at the menu, and I love the atmosphere out when exploring. This is the first AC game where I really feel I want to see every damn knock and crack of the world. This setting and the frontier just hits all the right things for me, and the fact that we don't get many games with this time period either. (I loved AC1 and AC2,B, and R but they all started to feel a bit too similar.) This is completely different feel to it in that regard and just truly enjoying it.

one_kill

Venice Rooftops is one of my favourite tunes this generation. It's so awesomely crafted!

Anyway, looks like street date won't be broken here in Australia. One more day left.

Really?

AC2 is full of memorable tracks. Probably one of the most memorable OSTs this gen for me.

Keys

Same here (but ordered from Germany). I did a little research and found out that they're not the best shop if you "must" have a game on its release day. I can easily wait a day or two longer, but had I known this before I placed the order back in march, I might have gotten the game from somewhere else.

Last year I ordered from them Revelations and got it a week early. This time they took the money from the credit card 2 weeks ago but they haven't shipped it yet, hopefully they do it today...

SJRB

Gold Member
Really?

AC2 is full of memorable tracks. Probably one of the most memorable OSTs this gen for me.

I agree, Jesper Kyd really nailed it and I will miss him dearly based on all the previews I've heard so far.

Sanctuary is probably my favourite. Climbing Venetian rooftops under the moonlight with the festival going on in the streets below, traversing the canals, having that soothing piano/violin track in the background. It felt.. romantic. AC2 had such an amazing atmosphere.

winstano

Last year I ordered from them Revelations and got it a week early. This time they took the money from the credit card 2 weeks ago but they haven't shipped it yet, hopefully they do it today...

I've not had the money taken from my card yet :-/

I have a question for those who finished the game. How long does it takes to beat it? I have completed 6 sequences so far i think. 6 sequences left i think. How many hours would it take to finish the remaining sequences?

Mendrox

The desmonds parts are awesome.

Also the first 5 hours are only tutorial stuff, afer that the game opens and is totally awesome. imo better than AC2 back then. The music is nice, the graphis are quiete better than revelations and the story is very good (well, I had three female friends at my home when I played yesterday and they never got bored watching me play :))

Sillverrr

Got lucky with the mail on this occasion. As someone who Youtubed Brotherhood and Revelations due to burnout, I'm refreshed and back with a vengeance for AC3.

Unfortunately I only play games in short bursts (this will last me ages), but I will post my limited impressions at some stage. PS3 version. First observation: quite a lengthy initial install.

Collider

Banned

Completely disagreeing. Especially AC2 is full of memorable tracks.
I don't think I will ever forget, Ezio's Family, Heart, Venice Rooftops in my life.

ACR also have some awesome OSTs like Crossroad of the worlds and all. But AC2 and ACB have better.

'bout AC3, yet to be seen. Atleast, some Zimmer influence will be there.

Dantis

Can someone who is up to date with this topic summarize the general concensus so far? I don't feel like reading thirty-five pages...

Mendrox

That officially puts AC3 into 'I'll get it as a Platinum Hits title next summer' territory for me. I just hope future AC's will not have Desmond in any shape or form.

Well that's your thing man, but the new desmond parts are incredible. Not that boring stuff like in the past games. :x I don't want to spoiler :)

Midou

That officially puts AC3 into 'I'll get it as a Platinum Hits title next summer' territory for me. I just hope future AC's will not have Desmond in any shape or form.

Yeah I'll hold off for steam sale I suppose. I hate Desmond, though I don't expect to see less of him in the future. As long as there is never a full Desmond game, should be okay.

Midou

Well that's your thing man, but the new desmond parts are incredible. Not that boring stuff like in the past games. :x I don't want to spoiler :)

Can you spoiler tag the concept in light detail? I don't really play them for Desmond's story so I am curious.

Linkified

Of course Desmond will still be involved in AC's future he is after all the lynchpin of the series.

Mario007

Is it more platforming aka the tombs from the previous games or more like desmond platforming from the end of previous games?

Yeah I'll hold off for steam sale I suppose. I hate Desmond, though I don't expect to see less of him in the future. As long as there is never a full Desmond game, should be okay.

Speaking of which, would anyone know if all the copies of Revelations have the original AC game included or do I need to find some sort of a special edition (ACR and AC one are the only games in the series that I haven't played yet)

Of course Desmond will still be involved in AC's future he is after all the lynchpin of the series.

Well Bloodlines and Liberation have no Desmond and with the hype of AC3 concluding Desmond's story...I kinda hope the future is Desmond-less.

Is the multiplayer server online yet? I tried to redeem my online pass but it wouldn't let me.

Picked up my Asia Edition(PS3) today, it's the only limited edition available in Hong Kong, basically just the game and the statue and some pre-order bonuses, without the flag and the belt buckle you guys get with your limited edition in the statues.

It's only 10 bucks more than the standard edition, so I'm extremely satisfied and impressed with the quality of the statue.

JB1981

That stinks, I loved hearing Kyd's music as I was walking around in AC2.

Linkified

Desmonds story is done. But if they do decide to bring him back, it's going to be crazy interesting to see it.

I can flesh that out for you and it would be easy to bring him back ;) deus ex machina style though.

You can see where the main story is going though and moving towards though.

I can flesh that out for you and it would be easy to bring him back ;) deus ex machina style though.

You can see where the main story is going though and moving towards though.

Well, I only see one way they could bring him back after the credits and (spoilers)
that would be if Juno jumped into Desmonds body and took over him, or if they do a crazy time travel back before AC1 and stop Desmond from leaving the assassins and in that way create a alternate timeline for the game

So is Revelations worth a play through before AC3, even if I haven't finished 2 and Brotherhood? Is it good as a stand alone game? I think it's cheap on PSN atm.

I'm very curious to read reviews of 3, because everything I've seen looks fantastic.

Linkified

Well, I only see one way they could bring him back after the credits and (spoilers)
that would be if Juno jumped into Desmonds body and took over him, or if they do a crazy time travel back before AC1 and stop Desmond from leaving the assassins and in that way create a alternate timeline for the game

Or Desmond's' soul is living in the animus aka Subject 16. Strap Desmonds body to Animus 1 hook up another Animus, so that Desmond's Dad can use it to both find further clues to the precursor temples and help Desmond come back.

Blimblim

The Inside Track

Desmond's stuff is great so far in AC3 :)
It's platforming/infiltration, for those asking. That's the reason why I was saying they were more or less the replacement for the tombs. Not exactly the same thing, but close enough that it can be compared.

Ein Bear

So is Revelations worth a play through before AC3, even if I haven't finished 2 and Brotherhood? Is it good as a stand alone game? I think it's cheap on PSN atm.

I'm very curious to read reviews of 3, because everything I've seen looks fantastic.

Revelations is my favourite game in the series so far (not played 3 yet), I'd say it's definitely worth a play through. It's pretty short for a Creed game too, so you should be able to breeze through it fairly quickly before 3.

Someone should make a spoilers thread because even though people are spoiler tagging I feel like this thread is giving way too many clues away about the ending.

If you have had the good fortune to play the game early good for you, don't ruin in for everyone else by dropping hints about the ending.

Top Bottom