• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed III Remastered |OT| Now in 4K - The American Resolution

cormack12

Gold Member
MUt4961.png

RDC0l54.png

cF8re5I.png

War sweeps over the New World. History is being written. America fights for its independence, the British fight for what they believe to be rightfully theirs. Unbeknownst to both, this war will determine not just the future of their own two nations, but of the entire world.

But there was more to this war than history tells us. Behind the scenes, two ancient powers vie for dominance in this new theater of war. The Templars seek a means to control: to enslave the population and create a world free of strife. The Assassins strive for liberty, for a chance for every man to be free.

And in the year 2012, Desmond Miles has escaped the prison of his own mind to find a world in an even more dire state than the one he left. The ancient battle waged between the Templars and the Assassins is coming to a head, and the fate of the world hangs in the balance. If Desmond cannot retrieve the artifacts of those who came before us, the human race might be lost forever.

INCLUDES:

vu7RpKM.png

bfRVzFt.png

MEDIA

Nacery

Neo Member
My first impression is that the game looks quite worse in the cutscenes as all the baked post effects that thew game used there are gone but in-game looks quite better. For example, in the beginning of the game at the theater the in game lighting is is really good but after entering a cutscene, the lighting changes and the dinamic lights are gone.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Mine is downloading for later. The only QoL feature I think should have been there was less guards on rooftops. It makes me feel ill thinking of doing those parts again

evanft

I'm looking forward to this. I played through the remastered Ezio trilogy but never played AC3 because of the horrid pop-in on the PC. Looks like that's been fixed.

Zimmy68

Can't find it on PSN
Yeah, I wanted to load it before work today.
Xbox had it but not PSN.
I think they wait for their daily update.
It still would have been nice to have a placard that said coming soon so I didn't waste 10 minutes searching for it.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
HDR seems to be busted on the PC. Anyone else having issues with getting it to work? I have an HDR display (Asus ROG PG27U Gsync). I have in set to On in Windows 10, etc. Works with every HDR compatible game i have but this one. When i turn it On in game settings for ACIII Remastered, the colors get borked. Tried different combinations to get it to work, nothing. The game looks washed out with it Off. So yeah, pretty much unplayable for me at the moment. :messenger_pensive:

edit: Think i fixed it. Had to set in-game resolution to Borderless. Colors seem right and more vibrant now.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
hj7h8w7i10f21.jpg

My signature edition arrived today
And yes I got this eventhough I have the Odyssey Season Pass

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Not too sure about this "remaster" for the PC version. I'm finding A LOT of bugs in the game that were prevalent in regular AC3. I was climbing aboard a ship for a mission and my character suddenly flew/glitched about 100ft into the air, above the masts and landed down on the deck, instant death. I didn't know deja-vu was possible in the Animus :messenger_winking_tongue:

Further, the texturing of many assets (door frames, snow, metal latches, tables, chairs, wood paneling on houses, brick) are the same as in the first iteration, worse in other areas. As example of being worse, once the winter hits in Boston (at the beginning after some missions), the texturing and shading of the snow is noticeably bad due to the "new" lighting. Can also see the geometry on the horses.

kingbean

Finally saw the Switch version running in handheld mode and it looked great.

I'm gonna wait for that version.

TGO

Wow, I'm jealous.
I used those UbiClub points to get the 20% off, real nice steelbook too came with a plastic slip cover with the text other info like Capcoms Steelbooks do so the steelbook is pure artwork.
I wasn't expecting that because Ubi usually ship the game and steelbooks separately.
Anyway I've had a look, Liberation is a big upgrade especially in detail and vibrance.
And ACIII, those Youtube vids don't do it justice.
As someone who played the game for a long time the difference is startling, it still a remaster but I think they put a lot effort in this one compared to Rogue and the Ezio Trilogy.
What is strange is this is a two games, ACIII and AC Liberation, yet Liberation just gets a mention on the back.

Last edited:

makaveli60

I used those UbiClub points to get the 20% off, real nice steelbook too came with a plastic slip cover with the text other info like Capcoms Steelbooks do so the steelbook is pure artwork.
I wasn't expecting that because Ubi usually ship the game and steelbooks separately.
Anyway I've had a look, Liberation is a big upgrade especially in detail and vibrance.
And ACIII, those Youtube vids don't do it justice.
As someone who played the game for a long time the difference is startling, it still a remaster but I think they put a lot effort in this one compared to Rogue and the Ezio Trilogy.
What is strange is this is a two games, ACIII and AC Liberation, yet Liberation just gets a mention on the back.
I will definitely buy it down the line, because it's one of my favorites from the franchise, but I have an insane backlog atm. If I could buy this Signature Edition I would do it now, but unfortunately they don't ship to my country. I'm not too worried about the upgrade becuase I'm a console only player so I will definitely see the difference, I'm sure.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I got this and started playing it. Let me just say I am mega disappointed that it appears that they included a lot of shit from the previous version: Crap like Encyclopedia of the Common Man and the shitty optional objectives for 100% sync.

Also, holy fuck are the character models bad. They are beyind wretched to the point that I am convinced there must be a glitch of some sort. The kid character model at the beginning with the first assassination was one of the worst things I have ever seen.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So if I want to play Liberation, I have to buy 3 as well. Like as a bundle?
Yes.

Or you could get it with the Odyssey Season pass, which is an infinitely better deal. If you don't have Odyssey, it gets nice sales as of late. The gold edition (base game + season pass) can frequently be had for $40.

levyjl1988

Banned
So after this, all we need is the first Assassin's Creed Remastered, improved collectibles checklist and listing on the map.
After all the Assassin Creed Remasters we can get a brand new one set in a different time

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So after this, all we need is the first Assassin's Creed Remastered, improved collectibles checklist and listing on the map.
After all the Assassin Creed Remasters we can get a brand new one set in a different time
Have you not noticed that Odyssey and Origins are out?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo

Am I the only one who thinks that Original looks much better when modern lighting and postFX is not part of comparison? I mean, look at much better detailed character models in Original version, they look much better and and shadows on their faces much more realistic, they eyeballs are kinda plastic and dead but aside from that.... Oh and 40 euro for roughly 50% less performance with modern PostFX and lighting? No fuckin' thank you.

Last edited:

Nacery

Neo Member
Am I the only one who thinks that Original looks much better when modern lighting and postFX is not part of comparison? I mean, look at much better detailed character models in Original version, they look much better and and shadows on their faces much more realistic, they eyeballs are kinda plastic and dead but aside from that.... Oh and 40 euro for roughly 50% less performance with modern PostFX and lighting? No fuckin' thank you.
I have the impression that character models are exactly the same (so the enhanced models is bullshit) but that the original character had additional pre baked shadowmaps and fake AO that probably when the game was ported to the PBR was lost due to incompatibility. The biggest problem is that Ubisoft didn't added new materials to the old models so everything looks quite off sometimes. Certain characters like Lee look fine thought.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
if you read the comments you would see that clearly not.

base

Banned
Wow. 7 years after release and the game still can't run in constant 30 fps. Even on ps4 pro.

Cranberrys

So if I want to play Liberation, I have to buy 3 as well. Like as a bundle?

To my understanding yes. I get them through Odyssey Season Pass but Liberation is accessible only through the in game menu of ACIII Remastered, it's not a separate game and it's a single download file. Otherwise, and I don't know on what platform you game, but on XB1 Liberation 360 is backward compat and so you can buy that one alone, even though it's not X enhanced, it looks pretty decent on X in 2160p.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
To my understanding yes. I get them through Odyssey Season Pass but Liberation is accessible only through the in game menu of ACIII Remastered, it's not a separate game and it's a single download file. Otherwise, and I don't know on what platform you game, but on XB1 Liberation 360 is backward compat and so you can buy that one alone, even though it's not X enhanced, it looks pretty decent on X in 2160p.
I'm on the Playstation 4.

TGO

Yup. AC4 felt like a huge step back in comparison.
Although it was one of the better preforming AC's do to being a last gen game on new hardware.
The rest of the game was complete cutback and seemed rushed, I thought the title card was gonna show up when it ended.
I was like "is that it?"

Larxia

Black Flag and AC 2 are my favorites but I agree that the combats in this one looked quite amazing, I'm not saying they were miles away from the others in term of gameplay, it was mostly similar, but the animations and the pacing looked sooooo smooth. Everything always looked natural, even when you countered another attack at the last second, there was never any weird / rushed animation or anything, it always looked very natural and make the combats feel way better than in the others games.

TGO

Black Flag and AC 2 are my favorites but I agree that the combats in this one looked quite amazing, I'm not saying they were miles away from the others in term of gameplay, it was mostly similar, but the animations and the pacing looked sooooo smooth. Everything always looked natural, even when you countered another attack at the last second, there was never any weird / rushed animation or anything, it always looked very natural and make the combats feel way better than in the others games.

Assassin's in it Prime

VulcanRaven

Has Ubisoft said anything about fixing the character models and lighting during cutscenes? Do they look as bad like in the comparisons? I'm going to buy this at some point but I'm waiting Ubisoft to fix the glitches first.

base

Banned
Has Ubisoft said anything about fixing the character models and lighting during cutscenes? Do they look as bad like in the comparisons? I'm going to buy this at some point but I'm waiting Ubisoft to fix the glitches first.
Models look strange. Especially Haytham. The lightning is great IMO.

TGO

Nothing been said yet but I'm not sure they will address anything but the bugs.
The problem is with the way characters are textured which under certain light conditions looks a bit flat.
I don't really have a problem with them but I see why people comparing them to the original would.
The game itself looks great.
^^
JohnnyFootball JohnnyFootball
That video is of the prototype footage, how do you not know that if you have it.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

They released a new patch that makes the characters look better but not much. They don't look very good.

Here are some comparisons:

Remaster
q6smqq4.png

Original
cqJJM9k.png

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
For me this remaster was disappointing in that they simply did not fix enough things to make it a more enjoyable game.

Top Bottom